Nostalgic Music Thread

I have it on vinyl, too. But that's because I'm one of those old fuckers that was mentioned in another thread.

I'm coming up on my 68th, so I told Mrs. TR she could trade me in for four 17-year olds.

She said she might take me up on that, as swapping me for four 17 year old males would probably raise the maturity level around here.

FML.
I actually started collecting about 10 years ago, so I am all digital and vinyl now. There's something better aboust listening to classic albums all the way through as opposed to making playlists ]on the ipod for differing situations (tailgates, parties, camping, working out, driving, etc). I inherited my uncle's collection who worked at a store in Harvard Sq from '76-'84. He was just sitting on thousands, some sealed and worth thousands, the others are promos and white label promos. So, a real treat. I sold a Misfits single for $2500. Highest discogs has ever seen it go. I probably should have priced it higher to see what would happen.

He was too lazy to go through them and see what each item is worth by itself. I give him some of the winnings to make it fair.

People with disposable income are crazy and it's amazing what they will spend on with vinyl.

Here are a few songs that I always like to play at Thanksgiving. If you're feeling in a similar mood, please post a few of your own.

Song: Witchi Tai To
Artist: Everything Is Everything (featuring Jim Pepper)

Song: He Ain't Heavy ... He's My Brother
Artist: Neil Diamond

Song: Vacant Chair
Artist: Steve Winwood

Song: A Sense Of Wonder
Artist: Van Morrison

The Patriots have won six straight games.

You may be wondering how I'm feeling about that.

Song: Feelin' Alright?
Artist: Traffic, Three Dog Night, Rare Earth, Joe Cocker

Last edited:
Nesmith was an unbelievably talented guy. His live album in 1970 "Live at the Palais" was nothing short of a masterpiece. "Joanne" and "Silver Moon" off of that album are spectacular. RIP.

Back