Nostalgic Music Thread

One of those forgotten and hidden deep tracks type gems - the Stills-Young Band's "Fontainebleu"

Love the guitar work from these 2 great players:
Stephen Stills - his guitar playing was one of the defining sounds of the 60s and 70s.

And Neil Young is deservedly called the godfather of grunge.

Great selection, RN. (y)

Song: Sinnerman
Artist: Nina Simone

Used very effectively in the climactic scene of the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair.

Song: Tumbling Dice
Artist: The Rolling Stones

Bill Wyman showing how it's done on the bass.

Song: Bulgaria
Artist: Jeff Beck

This won't be nostalgic for many, even though the album "Jeff" will be 20 years old this year.

It may never be nostalgic - but it's a fitting coda for one of the true giants of the last 50+ years of rock music.

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought that in the case of the movie, the remake was better than the original.

Also thought that about the remake of The Italian Job - far better than the original.
Well the Magritte thing went a long way in the remake to making it stand out from the original. I've always liked russo a lot and she played the Dunaway role extremely well. And she doesn't look bad in a beach chair. Leary layed off well against her, and Brosnan was slick and stylish and nicely subtle with ease. That said, I really like the original with it's genuine Boston and Beacon Hill ambience. And it's Crane's beach location shots. Both I thought were very well done and like them both a lot.

Cheers

Good bye Lisa Marie and I am not a Elvis fan but good greif.

~Dee~

Back