Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Starry Night
Artist: Joe Satriani

This song was written by Satriani, but it reminds me of the old standard Sleepwalk (which is also covered on this album). It's been 20 years since it came out, but it's timeless (IMHO).

And I thought the similarity of the Satriani album cover to the T. Rex cover in my previous post was pretty cool, too.

Last edited:
Song: Starry Night
Artist: Joe Satriani

This song was written by Satriani, but it reminds of the old standard Sleepwalk (which is also covered on this album). It's been 20 years since it came out, but it's timeless (IMHO).

And I thought the similarity of the Satriani album cover to the T. Rex cover in my previous post was pretty cool, too.

Bending my mind as usual

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

Harry Nilsson - forgot all about that song Tip - nice :)

For some reason, it made me think of this one right away:
Yes! Songs like that one are the reason we have this thread - every penny that UT has expended on this board can now be considered well-spent.

Song: Wolf Eyes
Artist: Paul Winter Consort

I wore out my LP version of the Common Ground album, and one of the reasons for that was this song.

Song: Free Man In Paris
Artist: Joni Mitchell

Contains one of the all-time great lyrics: "Stoking the star-maker machinery behind the popular song."

This song features an all-star supporting cast of players, with Jose Feliciano and Larry Carleton on guitar.

Also from the Crusaders: Joe Sample and Wilton Felder.

Oh, and David Crosby and Graham Nash on back-up vocals.

Back