October Surprise(s)

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
The numbers don't back you up.

BTW. Why do you want mail in voting over and above absentee ballots?

I didn't say I wanted mail in ballots over and above absentee ballots. I really don't give a shit one way or the other. I don't think Ballots should be mailed out willy nilly but seeing were in a pandemic every registered voter should be able to request a mail in Ballot for the simple reason of concerns of infection of covid.
Dismantling the post office will slow all these votes down and in some cases prevent a vote arriving in time not to mention all the other essential services and items people need for survival. Trumps worried about a rigged election but that's exactly what he's doing and even worse he's standing in front of a mic and admits it.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
My mail comes every day. Zero issues.

I’m not worried because I will walk into my polling station and vote. Just like always.

If you can walk into your grocery, walk into Walmart, Target, or Home Depot as hundreds of millions have since the inception of this virus, why can’t you go to the voting booth?

Real simple question.

I've never voted absentee, never needed to and won't this election either, but I live in a very rural area and haven't waited more than 20 minutes to cast my vote. There are people in some states that waited in line 10-12 hrs to vote because polling places were drastically cut. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't wait in a line for that long. I certainly wouldn't and nobody should have to. You're always touting the line .. if you old stay in your basement. Now its why can't they go to a voting booth. Any registered voter old or young regardless of health should have the right to request a ballot be mailed to them for the simple reason they don't feel safe in this pandemic. Cutting polling places and then screwing with the postal service is just plain suppression. He's admitted his way of preventing any mail in voter fraud is trying to prevent confidence in all mail. Its a sham
I believe there is 5 states that have used straight mail in voting for many years yet no past candidates have ever questioned it or whined about it more than trump.
Its an attempt at rigging an election under a guise that others will. No facts to back that up.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
I've never voted absentee, never needed to and won't this election either, but I live in a very rural area and haven't waited more than 20 minutes to cast my vote. There are people in some states that waited in line 10-12 hrs to vote because polling places were drastically cut. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't wait in a line for that long. I certainly wouldn't and nobody should have to. You're always touting the line .. if you old stay in your basement. Now its why can't they go to a voting booth. Any registered voter old or young regardless of health should have the right to request a ballot be mailed to them for the simple reason they don't feel safe in this pandemic. Cutting polling places and then screwing with the postal service is just plain suppression. He's admitted his way of preventing any mail in voter fraud is trying to prevent confidence in all mail. Its a sham
I believe there is 5 states that have used straight mail in voting for many years yet no past candidates have ever questioned it or whined about it more than trump.
Its an attempt at rigging an election under a guise that others will. No facts to back that up.

I’m in the bluest of blue states. The blue hairs are out EVERY FVCKING DAY. They’re in the grocery. They’re in the restaurants. Gas stations. Home Depot. Walmart. Walks downtown. All friendly and social.

They can vote in person.

For the ones that can’t or are fearful? Absolutely zero concern for them requesting and receiving an absentee ballot.

Broadcast blanket general mail in ballots is ripe with fraud. That’s why the Dems are pushing as hard as they can for it.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I've never voted absentee, never needed to and won't this election either, but I live in a very rural area and haven't waited more than 20 minutes to cast my vote. There are people in some states that waited in line 10-12 hrs to vote because polling places were drastically cut.

There is a problem in states that have closed polling places like churches and schools.

Guess who runs those states? And guess who runs most of the states that didn't shut down places where people go to vote.

Hmmm.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
There is a problem in states that have closed polling places like churches and schools.

Guess who runs those states? And guess who runs most of the states that didn't shut down places where people go to vote.

Hmmm.

I’ll take Dems for everything I own Alex.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
I wish every one who is concerned about the postal issue would have the opportunity to listen to this hearing and make their own conclusions instead of what you are hearing on MSM...

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
I’ll need a synopsis.

I’m voting in person. I am not spending 2 hrs plus on an issue I can’t control that doesn’t impact me.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
Standard Trumpian answer, but its what I expected. That's the standard gop answer blame it on the dems, obama and biden deny deny deny lie lie lie rinse and repeat.

Better do more research cause you're wrong again.

So I take it you watched it and know for a fact you are right again? lol.
I. don't. get. it.

Shuddup.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Standard Trumpian answer, but its what I expected. That's the standard gop answer blame it on the dems, obama and biden deny deny deny lie lie lie rinse and repeat.

Better do more research cause you're wrong again.

Precisely what’s wrong?

(this should be good)

shecolt

Reaction score
Still don’t get it, do you?

They are 2 entirely different things.

Absentee ballots are applied for. Signature verified. Completely legit.

The problem is general mail in ballots. They are ripe for harvesting and other fraudulent means.

Go educate yourself. It’s been explained to you multiple times.

They are not the same.

Yeah, there is a big difference. My mother won't be applying for an absentee ballot because she is deceased.

However, receiving her stimulus check, mailing it back only to have it returned by the USPS; doesn't give me any confidence that a general mail in ballot wouldn't be sent to her and other deceased voters.

I'm not sure why the left is pushing for the latter as I would think that the integrity of the vote would be just as important to them as wanting to making voting safe and easy.

If I had my way, I would extend the final voting from one day to two days or even five. I would then separate those days alphabetically. So it would be something like this if it were extended to two days:

Voters with last names starting with A-L vote on Monday.
Voters with last names starting with M-Z vote on Tuesday.

This wouldn't be "set in stone" . . . meaning that one could vote on either day; but voters would be encouraged to vote on the day corresponding to their last time in an effort to make voting safer for those concerned about COVID.

There are probably multiple reasons as to why that is a bad idea, but it makes more sense to me than just sending out ballots to every registered voter.

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a big difference. My mother won't be applying for an absentee ballot because she is deceased.

However, receiving her stimulus check, mailing it back only to have it returned by the USPS; doesn't give me any confidence that a general mail in ballot wouldn't be sent to her and other deceased voters.

I'm not sure why the left is pushing for the latter as I would think that the integrity of the vote would be just as important to them as wanting to making voting safe and easy.

If I had my way, I would extend the final voting from one day to two days or even five. I would then separate those days alphabetically. So it would be something like this if it were extended to two days:

Voters with last names starting with A-L vote on Monday.
Voters with last names starting with M-Z vote on Tuesday.

This wouldn't be "set in stone" . . . meaning that one could vote on either day; but voters would be encouraged to vote on the day corresponding to their last time in an effort to make voting safer for those concerned about COVID.

There are probably multiple reasons as to why that is a bad idea, but it makes more sense to me than just sending out ballots to every registered voter.

It’s August.

If you’re that concerned request an absentee. Plenty of time.

Otherwise, skip Target and go vote.

Btw, Birx, one of the scientists we’ve been lectured to follow, says voting in November will be as easy as going to Starbucks. So what is it? Do we follow the scientists or not today?

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...-person-voting-should-be-easy-going-starbucks

shecolt

Reaction score
It’s August.

If you’re that concerned request an absentee. Plenty of time.

Otherwise, skip Target and go vote.

Btw, Birx, one of the scientists we’ve been lectured to follow, says voting in November will be as easy as going to Starbucks. So what is it? Do we follow the scientists or not today?

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...-person-voting-should-be-easy-going-starbucks

Oh, I'm not concerned about voting in person. I did so in June and felt very safe.

While I could go to any of the numerous in-person early voting sites that are available to me, I will be waiting until November to cast my vote. I'm someone who has always liked to wait until all "the cards are on the table" before making my decision.

Hmm, that makes me wonder . . . how many other states offer early in-person voting??? Maybe they all do, maybe they don't. But, it is something I haven't heard mentioned a lot even though it is a another good way to make voting easier and safer while still respecting the integrity of the vote.

Coltsfan2theend

Semi Pro Sharp Shooter in Training
Reaction score
many many Republican states eliminated polling places, but you already knew that. You know when you follow and admire a pathological liar it begins to rub off on a person. In your case you're at an advanced stage.

I missed this, but I live in a Republican state. For May, we lost many polling places and in recent years lost many in my county. They were lost for good reasons. Many were not ADA accessible. Many were in schools and having public in schools while school is in session isn't exactly safe. That being said, what my county did do is smart. Instead of having to go to a certain precinct place to vote, you can go to any voting center. In May, there was early voting 3-4 weeks early at two shopping malls, county annex and a labor union hall. A week before hand, more opened up. On election day, there was a total of 19 voting centers and I will stress this again you could go to any of them to vote.

Now the issue this year was Covid, many were not easily able to be distanced so some didn't happen. The county is working on more for the general election with covid in mind. Frankly, more areas need to go to voting centers and in popular places. The mall ones were in an empty store in one and a banquet center in another.

Number Cruncher

Time to go.... NOW
Reaction score
Personally, I would make Election Day a national holiday. Instead of forcing a vast majority of the population to either get up early to vote before work or stand in line to vote after a long day of work, open up the whole day FOR EVERYONE.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
Personally, I would make Election Day a national holiday. Instead of forcing a vast majority of the population to either get up early to vote before work or stand in line to vote after a long day of work, open up the whole day FOR EVERYONE.

Ahem

I don't understand why we can't have an extended early voting period, that includes weekends for two or three weeks leading up to the election.

Do like Walmart and have designated times for the elderly and at risk, etc.

I'm sure there are better ideas than those that quickly come to mind, but this election can be done in-person properly and safely.