Official 2010 Nascar Thread

Wow Edwards just hosed Koslowski bigtime ! Nice that he was able to walk away from that crash. No need for that.

Go Kasey !

what a piece of shit Carl is. I mean he was trying for two laps to wreck him. what was he thinking?

<<
what a piece of shit Carl is.
>>

Yeah he came right up into him when he could have stayed donw low.

Dammit Kasey got screwed in that restart. He'll get a lot of points today though having led so many laps.

I've always said that if Carl drove for anyone but Roush, I'd be a fan of his. I've always liked him, just couldn't root for a Roush driver.

After today... He could drive for Hendrick and I'll still not like the POS.

I don't care what issues you have with someone, keep it off the fricken track. You have no idea what can happen out there. Oh, yeah, and love Carl's comment about how he hadn't meant to flip him. POS. Not only are you risking the life of the driver that you're hitting, but you're putting every other driver on that track at risk, not to mention fans. There is absolutely no fricken excuse for that, and it is inexcusable. He put himself into the ranks of the Robby Gordons.

I think any driver that intentionally takes out another driver should be banned for at least one race. Screw fines and point deductions. Keep them out of the car.

I think any driver that intentionally takes out another driver should be banned for at least one race. Screw fines and point deductions. Keep them out of the car.

Agreed.
He needs to be banned for multiple races. Its forgiveable at the short tracks, but not when your doin 195mph.

I must have missed the incident. I found out NASCAR is good for one thing if it isn't the Daytona or Bristol race. I fell a sleep with 124 laps in and woke up with 94 to go. There was nothing else on tv and the tv made enough noise for me to sleep real good.

I must have missed the incident. I found out NASCAR is good for one thing if it isn't the Daytona or Bristol race. I fell a sleep with 124 laps in and woke up with 94 to go. There was nothing else on tv and the tv made enough noise for me to sleep real good.

Away
Go there

<<
Oh, yeah, and love Carl's comment about how he hadn't meant to flip him
>>

And the other one on how he "hoped there wouldn't be further incidents on the track with Keselowski".

How much of this are we going to see this year with Nascar allowing bump drafting and rubbin' again ? Maybe quite a lot. This was bad though, clearly intentional and did it help Edwards win or come close to winning ? No of course not. He's going to find if he keeps doing this that every other driver going for the cup will wreck him without a 2nd thought.

Nascar is not happy about the Edwards flip either.

NASCAR looking closely into incident of 'retaliation'
Edwards could face additional punishment for flipping BK
By Joe Menzer, NASCAR.COM
March 8, 2010
12:19 PM EST

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Brad Keselowski called for fellow Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards to be suspended for at least one race after Edwards wrecked him Sunday in the Kobalt Tools 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

But Robin Pemberton, vice president of competition for NASCAR, said the governing body would take its time in examining all the facts before deciding what to do with Edwards, whose No. 99 Roush Fenway Ford was ordered to the garage after wrecking the No. 12 of Keselowski and sending it airborne on the frontstretch on Lap 323 of what was a scheduled 325-lap event. Pemberton and other NASCAR officials, including president Mike Helton, met with Edwards following Sunday's race -- but Pemberton said they would discuss the incident further "internally" on Monday and Tuesday before announcing any additional penalties for Edwards by late Tuesday afternoon.

Now what?

... we will discuss it further ... We don't rush to judgment on Sunday nights and make penalties.

-- ROBIN PEMBERTON
"It looked like it could have been a payback from the No. 99 on the No. 12," Pemberton said.

The two drivers have a muddled past, with Keselowski having turned Edwards and sent his car airborne and into the catchfence at Talladega Superspeedway last spring as they both raced for a win. Edwards said after that incident that it was at least partially his fault for coming down on Keselowski, and that Keselowski merely did what he had to do to win the race. Edwards seemed to blame the horrific wreck, which caused some injuries to fans in the stands, more on restrictor-plate racing than the driving of Keselowski.

But then the two drivers added to their history of getting together earlier during Sunday's race when they bumped on Lap 41 and Edwards ended up getting shoved into the No. 20 Toyota of Joey Logano, effectively ruining both of their days.

Keselowski, meanwhile, drove away from that incident and went on to put together a solid run for the day while Edwards spent much of the afternoon having his car repaired in the garage. Edwards returned to the track on Lap 190 after spending 150 laps in the garage, and appeared to purposely wreck Keselowski when Keselowski appeared headed for a top-five finish.

"To come back and intentionally wreck someone, that's not cool," Keselowski said. "You could have killed someone in the grandstands. I know that it's a little ironic that it's me saying that, but at least I didn't do it intentionally [when it happened at Talladega].

"It will be interesting to see how NASCAR reacts to it. They have the ball. If they're going to allow people to intentionally wreck each other at tracks this fast, we will hurt someone either in the cars or in the grandstands. It's not cool to wreck someone at 195 mph."

Pemberton indicated that Edwards more or less admitted in the post-race meeting with NASCAR officials that he intended to wreck Keselowski, but that he did not mean to send him airborne. Keselowski's car ended up landing upside down, nearly crushing in the driver's side of the roof, and was completely destroyed in the aftermath.

Keselowski was shaken up after the wreck and needed assistance getting removed from the car, but eventually was cleared at the AMS infield care center.

"Carl said he got into him; he said he didn't expect the result," Pemberton said.

Earlier, Edwards spoke briefly with the media and attempted to explain his thinking.

"Brad knows the deal between him and I," Edwards said. "The scary part was his car went airborne, which was not at all what I expected. At the end of the day, we're out here to race and people have to have respect for one another and I have a lot of respect for people's safety.

"I wish it wouldn't have gone like it did, but I'm glad he's OK and we'll just go on and race some more and maybe him and I won't get in any more incidents together. That would be the best thing."

Keselowski told reporters that he believed Edwards took "three swipes" at him before connecting, and that Edwards deserves to be suspended for at least one race. He also defended what had occurred during their first incident Sunday.

"He cut down on me on a restart and I lifted; I couldn't lift fast enough for him," Keselowski said. "I lifted for him to let him in, but I was there. I don't know what more you can do.

"[Keep the] car low, that's what they say. So I was underneath him, tried to cut him a break. It was too late, though; he turned down. I apologized to him, but there was nothing that I could do in that situation."

Naturally, Edwards didn't see the first incident quite the same way.

"We were on the restart and I was going for the bottom. I knew Brad was peeking inside, but I thought he'd give me just a little bit of room and he didn't and we ended up overlapping," Edwards said.

"I had it saved and I guess I got into the 20 car at the very top of the race track. I didn't see that part of it, but it's so frustrating for a number of reasons, most of which is that I love racing here. ... I know Brad has made his career on being super-aggressive. We both had a part in it and it's not his fault, but it's just a little too aggressive overall, I think, for that early in the race and caused us to wreck."

Asked if he thought there was a connection between Sunday's incidents and what happened last season at Talladega, Pemberton replied: "It was the same two cars, we know that. I would say there seems to be a history between those two drivers. ... It's always a concern when you see retaliation and there are different levels of it. Like I said, we will discuss it further at the [NASCAR Research & Development Center] early this week.

"We don't rush to judgment on Sunday nights and make penalties. That's why we take our time and go back and talk about it some more."

NA$CAR was so unhappy with the Edwards incident that he was put on probation for 3 races. Jr was hit harder for saying shit on an open mike.

3 races of "probation" what a joke. He should have been suspended multiple races.

NASCAR dropped the ball on this one.

They should have made a statement saying that this shit will not be tolerated. A 3 race probation does not make that statement at all.

Especially considering the penalties handed out in the past for lesser offenses.

NASCAR is going to get a lot of shit for the slap on the wrist, and they'll deserve every bit of it.

<<
NASCAR is going to get a lot of shit for the slap on the wrist, and they'll deserve every bit of it.
>>

Especially when Edwards wrecks somebody else 4 races from now if not before.

NA$CAR was so unhappy with the Edwards incident that he was put on probation for 3 races. Jr was hit harder for saying shit on an open mike.

Tony Stewart got a full year probation for bumping someone in retaliation on the back stretch of a track. he didn't spin them, he didn't wreck them, he didn't do anything close to what Edwards did and he got a much worse penalty. This is setting a bad precedent for for the rest of the season. its open season for anyone wanting pay back at this point.

So this week we have the return of the spoiler. Hopefully it will make the cars a little more stable. With all the bumping they're allowing this year more stability would be a very good thing.

So this week we have the return of the spoiler. Hopefully it will make the cars a little more stable. With all the bumping they're allowing this year more stability would be a very good thing.

But they made the car safer by making it bigger and more unstable ROFL

Brian France is a MAROON

I like the M&M car.. because it looks like a bag of M&Ms going around the track.. that's pretty cool... 200mph M&Ms... mmmmmmmm....

I like the M&M car.. because it looks like a bag of M&Ms going around the track.. that's pretty cool... 200mph M&Ms... mmmmmmmm....

You and my daughter both
She cries when Kyle Busch loses ROFL

Back