Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

:doh: It was not "on top of the world" it was ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

:doh:He didn't call Chuckienoeyebrows a Cancer Patient. He said he was a cancer to his team.

KG is not a douche at all he is just super, super intense...like psychotic. I can see how it can grate though. Hell, if Youkie didn't play here I would HATE him.

But yeah, Paul.wuvwuvwuv he earned the shit out of that title.

I was in a rush, my bad. Doesn't matter, I've still never liked him. Like I said, he's a superb player, but he just comes across like such a punk. Pierce, Rondo, etc. are the dudes I like watching beyond just their basketball skill.

I'm sure if Steelers' fans had to play against Harrison they'd hate him as much as everyone else does. KG is a guy that Boston fans warmed up to (obviously related to the great championship run), but from the outside I just can't shake my dislike for him that has roots in his Minnesota days.

I'd still take a punk like KG over a pussy like Bosh if I were building a team ... I'm just saying I personally don't like the guy. Give me Paul any day of the week.

My thinking is the exact opposite. KG never, not once, ever bitched about being stuck in shitty minnesota with the t-wolves.

He even signed extensions hoping they'd build around him. Doesn't sound like a jerk to me.

I agree with Moose...KG if on a different team is hated by Celtics fans but that doesn't bother me in the least ..... see his comment above

the Cancer comment is a he said she said type of deal and I am sure both sides are lying their asses off....why use the term cancer to describe anything?

PP was a punk, he was on his way to being run out of town but a little stabbing changed his ways. They still surface in a wheel chair or with a bandaged cranium but they are laughing with him not at him....

but I love how this team hates all opponents...no grab ass and helping up a player they just floored....more McHale on Rambis type of team than the Walker/Peirce/ML Carr love-fest fools

My thinking is the exact opposite. KG never, not once, ever bitched about being stuck in shitty minnesota with the t-wolves.

He even signed extensions hoping they'd build around him. Doesn't sound like a jerk to me.

Eh, agree to disagree. But I'm talking about his on-court antics. I'll admit that he isn't generally problematic when it comes to his actions toward his own team.

GAme tonight at the Wizards.

Not sure if Wall is still out, I'll check.:Celtics::party:

I agree with Moose...KG if on a different team is hated by Celtics fans but that doesn't bother me in the least ..... see his comment above
Always loved KG. :shrug:

Also, in terms of the cancer comment - even if he said "cancer patient" (which frankly I bet he did given the hair issue), why would cancer patients be upset? He was picking out an shared attribute. I can see being a little miffed, but not some huge deal. It would be insulting if he said that as an insult to John Lester, but not to someone who doesn't have cancer.

But the real point is why wouldn't they be MORE upset at whassisname with the hair issue? To take that much offense at being called a cancer patient is much more insulting to cancer patients, don't you think?

Always loved KG. :shrug:

Also, in terms of the cancer comment - even if he said "cancer patient" (which frankly I bet he did given the hair issue), why would cancer patients be upset? He was picking out an shared attribute. I can see being a little miffed, but not some huge deal. It would be insulting if he said that as an insult to John Lester, but not to someone who doesn't have cancer.

But the real point is why wouldn't they be MORE upset at whassisname with the hair issue? To take that much offense at being called a cancer patient is much more insulting to cancer patients, don't you think?

i didn't get the uproar about this at all. people are too damn sensitive.

i didn't get the uproar about this at all. people are too damn sensitive.
Well yeah, for starters.

But if you *do* get upset, I'd think it'd be at the guy who thought that "cancer patient" was so insulting that he was justified in throwing punches. No?

Great game last night by the C's. Starters didn't even sniff the 4th quarter and yet still pulled a 30 point win out of it. :Celtics:

Atlantic Division looks brutal this year, hmm? Think the Celts can take it?

ROFL @ 11 games into the season with a 5 game lead in the division.

Atlantic Division looks brutal this year, hmm? Think the Celts can take it?

ROFL @ 11 games into the season with a 5 game lead in the division.

Blind retards walking backwards could win this division. :coffee:

If ever there was a league that was in desperate need of contraction, it's the NBA.

The Celts game versus the Wizards scored the highest rating in history???WTF?

My buddy and I just booked our ski tip to Salt Lake City for the first week of March. Planning on skiing 2 days at Alta, 2 days at Snowbird, and a day at Solitude.

Turns out the Celts are playing at the Jazz on the day we arrive, so we decided to grab a couple of tickets online.

Our flight arrives at 2:30 PM and the game is at 7:00, so we should have plenty of time to check into our hotel and get a pre-game buzz on.

I've been to Pats, Bruins and Sox games on the road, this will be my first Celts road game.

Anyone ever been to a game at Energy Solutions Arena (previously Delta Center)?

Funny how that works. My wife wants to visit her sister in san Antonio in the spring.

Well guess who plays SA on March 31? haha - yup.

That's when we are going now.

She's cool.

Funny how that works. My wife wants to visit her sister in san Antonio in the spring.

Well guess who plays SA on March 31? haha - yup.

That's when we are going now.

She's cool.

Nice. Celts/Spurs is a great matchup. After the Celts, I'd say my next 2 favorite NBA teams would be the Spurs and the Jazz. Both of them seem to have been classy, well run franchises for a long time.

Back