Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

So Anthony Davis now a laker and Kyrie opted out.
will be interesting to see how things shake out, especially with KD and Klay Thompson both injured

All reports seem to indicate Kyrie to Brooklyn, but who knows. If they’re that uncompetitive then why would he?

Whatever.

A lot of loose puzzle pieces to unfold here.

So Anthony Davis now a laker and Kyrie opted out.
will be interesting to see how things shake out, especially with KD and Klay Thompson both injured

Even though KD going to miss most if not all of next season I think he still ends up in Brooklyn with his bff Kyrie. Lakers might still add Jimmy Butler. Lakers did good by not giving up Kuzma in the AD trade. Good deal for both teams.

Looks like Al Horford will be moving to a new team. With something like 40% of league free agents this year & most teams are in good cap shape along with the draft tomorrow night it's a fun time to be an NBA fan.

I re-sign Rozier to run point. Keep Tatum & Brown. Draft best pure scorer at 14. Then I go HUGE at 20 & 22 with Bol & Taco. 7’2” and 7”7”. Lottery tickets. Late round 1s are flyers anyways.

Is Horford just looking for more years or was there an underlying reason to him wanting out?

I do like Grant Williams as a grinder/glue guy. Has leadership and clutch genes, even if he's undersized, and already probably near his ceiling. At least he'll be on the team. The other picks, well, Boston's G-league team just got a LOT better. :coffee:

Unless the Celtics (or any northern team) get really lucky in the draft, it's hard to imagine any of them (Boston, Chicago, NY, etc) ever being an annual title contending team for the forseeable future. Elite free agents don't want to play in the north, for the most part, and they will always lose top guys to the LA's and Miami's of the world. The Celtics really needed to get that top pick this year (instead of two years ago). They'll be mired in mediocrity for a while unless one of these kids really takes off and wants to stay.

Rumors are the Celtics are the frontrunners for Kemba. That would be a great get for you guys. Definitely an upgrade over Kyrie.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back