Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

Not the entire 80s obviously, but just the fact that you can only name a few teams in the entire league from that decade kind of proves my point. The league was heavily lopsided then as it is now, nothing has really changed in that respect. It might have even been worse back then. I mean the 85/86 Celtics had a ridiculous 5 Hall of Famers and yes I know Walton was well past his prime but still. That team was pretty much unbeatable.

Walton was past his prime, but the Celts used him perfectly and he earned 6th man of the Year honors. It was amazing that he stayed healthy the entire year.

But than as now, basketball is a sport that requires a superstar and a few solid co-pieces. It's rare that an NBA team can win the title without that one special player. It's one of the things I dislike about the sport, if your team isn't in a position to get that one player, the season is just an exercise in futility.

Walton was past his prime, but the Celts used him perfectly and he earned 6th man of the Year honors. It was amazing that he stayed healthy the entire year.

But than as now, basketball is a sport that requires a superstar and a few solid co-pieces. It's rare that an NBA team can win the title without that one special player. It's one of the things I dislike about the sport, if your team isn't in a position to get that one player, the season is just an exercise in futility.

Absolutely this. And I loved the sport and the celts from the dawn of the Russel Cousy era through the Bird era. But i'm pretty much I'm done with it.

A team needs two superstars to have any real chance.

So the Cs get their first win against the reigning champs. Nice. 1-1.

I only caught a bit of it at a biker bar in between watching my friends band play.

Gonna watch the recording tonight.

Bleacher Report@BleacherReport
Kyrie Irving’s "mood swings" are an "unspoken concern that makes Brooklyn officials queasy." Nets sources say an episode happened on their trip to China, leaving the team confused, per Jackie MacMullan

Good luck with Kyrie. You knew the risks.

Gotta admit I didn't watch one minute of last nights game against the Bucks. I was watching the Series.

Checked in at halftime, saw them down 16 and thought "oh well, the Bucks are a tough team."

Then I saw the final score come across my phone and I was amazed. Kemba seemed to have taken over in the second half.

Here's hoping he's what we thought we were getting with Kyrie.

Gotta admit I didn't watch one minute of last nights game against the Bucks. I was watching the Series.

Checked in at halftime, saw them down 16 and thought "oh well, the Bucks are a tough team."

Then I saw the final score come across my phone and I was amazed. Kemba seemed to have taken over in the second half.

Here's hoping he's what we thought we were getting with Kyrie.

So far he’s better. Franchise record for most points through first 4 games as a Celtic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This iteration of the Cs so far is far more enjoyable than last year. They are loving life and playing as a team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This iteration of the Cs so far is far more enjoyable than last year. They are loving life and playing as a team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

See it ALL the time with Bs and Pats. Once in a while it catches hold with the Sox and they end up fairing well. Hopefully the Cs are on the cusp of something.

Is being freak-injury-prone a thing? Sucks but shouldn't be too big a deal, non-shooting hand, can still work out and stay in shape. He'll hit the ground running when he comes back and be fine, at least until the next freak injury.

On another note, does it bother anyone that the Warriors could have Curry sit out the rest the season and end up in the lottery? I know that they didn't plan on him and Klay getting injured but sheesh, the richer get richer.

Some people are just more fragile than others.
I don't know if I'd call him fragile in any way, he's never missed significant time during his 7 years with Utah. And no way you could blame the ankle injury on fragility, that would have f'd up anyone.

I don't know if I'd call him fragile in any way, he's never missed significant time during his 7 years with Utah. And no way you could blame the ankle injury on fragility, that would have f'd up anyone.

Edelman had a streak of glass...early in his career. Obviously freak things can happen too.

Back