Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

Is being freak-injury-prone a thing? Sucks but shouldn't be too big a deal, non-shooting hand, can still work out and stay in shape. He'll hit the ground running when he comes back and be fine, at least until the next freak injury.

On another note, does it bother anyone that the Warriors could have Curry sit out the rest the season and end up in the lottery? I know that they didn't plan on him and Klay getting injured but sheesh, the richer get richer.

Some people are just more fragile than others.
I don't know if I'd call him fragile in any way, he's never missed significant time during his 7 years with Utah. And no way you could blame the ankle injury on fragility, that would have f'd up anyone.

I don't know if I'd call him fragile in any way, he's never missed significant time during his 7 years with Utah. And no way you could blame the ankle injury on fragility, that would have f'd up anyone.

Edelman had a streak of glass...early in his career. Obviously freak things can happen too.

I wasn't sure where to put this.

Bill Russell sent out a tweet earlier today:

"In a private ceremony with my wife and close friends Alonzo Mourning, Bill Walton, Ann Meyers and others, I accepted my basketball Hall of Fame ring. In 1975, I refused to be the first black player inducted. I felt that others before me should have that honor. Good to see progress."

Greatest champion in American sports history for many reasons.

I wasn't sure where to put this.

Bill Russell sent out a tweet earlier today:

"In a private ceremony with my wife and close friends Alonzo Mourning, Bill Walton, Ann Meyers and others, I accepted my basketball Hall of Fame ring. In 1975, I refused to be the first black player inducted. I felt that others before me should have that honor. Good to see progress."

Greatest champion in American sports history for many reasons.

Wow.

Gordon Hayward just signed with Charlotte.

OK, I don't fully understand what went down. I mean he wanted to be traded to the Pacers, turned down $34 million a year and signed a max contract for 4 years $12O milion with Charlotte.

Was he a free agent?

I'm really busy right now so if anyone can explain it I would appreciate it. :)

Either way it's epic that we now have 2 max contracts off the books. He and Kyrie, I believe.

Gordon Hayward

50m ·
To the city of Boston, thank you for embracing me as your own these last 3 years. I cannot say thank you enough to all the fans, my teammates, coaches and everyone in the organization I built such strong relationships with. I know there were some ups and downs, but I will always cherish my experience in Boston. I am forever grateful that I was given the opportunity to wear a
Boston Celtics
uniform and play in front of the Garden faithful.
To the city of Charlotte, I can’t wait to start the next chapter in my career! I am ready to play for another incredible organization with the
Charlotte Hornets
. Let’s get it!

Hayward was redundant in this offense. The Celtics need an offensive big. The Brow is a free agent. Get him or Steven Adams. I believe Giannis is also a FA. NO WAY his future is in Milwaukee. I’m not sold on Brad at this point. Going to need at least 1 conference championship in the next 2 seasons.

Hayward was redundant in this offense. The Celtics need an offensive big. The Brow is a free agent. Get him or Steven Adams. I believe Giannis is also a FA. NO WAY his future is in Milwaukee. I’m not sold on Brad at this point. Going to need at least 1 conference championship in the next 2 seasons.

OK cool. Thanks. But I'm all in on Brad. :)

Gordon Hayward just signed with Charlotte.

OK, I don't fully understand what went down. I mean he wanted to be traded to the Pacers, turned down $34 million a year and signed a max contract for 4 years $12O milion with Charlotte.

Was he a free agent?

I'm really busy right now so if anyone can explain it I would appreciate it. :)

Either way it's epic that we now have 2 max contracts off the books. He and Kyrie, I believe.

Gordon Hayward

50m ·
To the city of Boston, thank you for embracing me as your own these last 3 years. I cannot say thank you enough to all the fans, my teammates, coaches and everyone in the organization I built such strong relationships with. I know there were some ups and downs, but I will always cherish my experience in Boston. I am forever grateful that I was given the opportunity to wear a
Boston Celtics
uniform and play in front of the Garden faithful.
To the city of Charlotte, I can’t wait to start the next chapter in my career! I am ready to play for another incredible organization with the
Charlotte Hornets
. Let’s get it!
In short apparently there was interest on both sides with Indy, or possibly going back to the Cs. He is a FA, but the Celtics still has his Bird rights, and Indy didn't have the cap space to sign him......so for him to go to Indy, he has to approve the contract, and Boston and Indy had to agree to a deal (with matching salaries )..... They Jordan through down 120/4yrs fully garenteed, and no one was matching that at this point of Gordon's career.

That is my understanding.

In short apparently there was interest on both sides with Indy, or possibly going back to the Cs. He is a FA, but the Celtics still has his Bird rights, and Indy didn't have the cap space to sign him......so for him to go to Indy, he has to approve the contract, and Boston and Indy had to agree to a deal (with matching salaries )..... They Jordan through down 120/4yrs fully garenteed, and no one was matching that at this point of Gordon's career.

That is my understanding.

Thank you very much. :)

Back