Official college Football thread

It's a funny thing how we depend so much on what we read, myself included. I don't know how many Sports Writers there are out there who covers football and submit articles to different medias from CBS Sports to Sports Illustrated but if we got them all in one room, write an article for them to read and have them to write a report you'd get a different slant from each and everyone of them.

What are their sources when they write articles or make comments on various sports channels? How much actual investigation or research do they do before compiling their opinion which is all it is. We copy and paste articles that we see and agree with and I'm just as guilty.

We hear or see live interviews from Urban Meyer and we accept or reject it based on our opinion guided by our personal feelings about him or what we have read about him.

Bill Belichick gets up and makes apologies about their research program on players before they sign them saying they do thoroughly check into a potential player's background but that background check needs improving. We can say Bill and the staff honestly did not know of Hernandez's troubled background or we can say they did and figured his potential as a player outweighs his troubles and are willing to take a risk. It's a matter of opinion. If you are a die hard BB fan, you would vouch on the fact he didn't know. I probably would say that BB knew of his struggles in his personal life but could not predict that Hernandez would resort to killing (if he's guilty).

How much of the reporting on Urban Meyer is fact based? Is it a mix of fact and fantasy? There may be some truths in the majority of the reporting of what went on and there may be some truths in what Urban has stated. Only God, Urban and the staff at Florida knows, really knows, what had transpired.
I'm not depending on what I read. I'm depending on what I know, firsthand. Try again.

I'm not depending on what I read. I'm depending on what I know, firsthand. Try again.

You were in the Gator's locker room during this time and in the home of Urban Meyers. You frequented the places these criminals hung out and even had personal interviews with all the people involved. You've even gone up to OSU and watched some of the activities there since you know all this stuff first hand.

You were in the Gator's locker room during this time and in the home of Urban Meyers. You frequented the places these criminals hung out and even had personal interviews with all the people involved. You've even gone up to OSU and watched some of the activities there since you know all this stuff first hand.

Yes. Yes, that is all true.

You don't know Michigan Dave.

I did a little research and posted an article but since it's not in line with everybody's opinion, it's foolish.

Do a little history on the philosophy of this team...it's character, the current and former players, the coach, the QB, the owner. You will never compare the Pats to Urban Meyer again.

1230.gif

Auburn's coaching staff looks good. Malzahn is a great offensive mind and Ellis Johnson is a good & very experienced defensive coordinator. They also hired some good recruiters in Craig, Garner & Harbison. That said I'm glad that Harbison is gone from Clemson. Defensive back play has been subpar the last two years and a change was much needed.

Might even be worth it's own thread... but this could be huge...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...a-investigating-johnny-manziel-221126693.html

According to two of ESPN’s sources, Manziel received a flat five-figure fee in exchange for autographing hundreds of items while in Florida to attend the BCS title game in January. Multiple sources say they saw Manziel signing memorabilia in autograph broker Drew Tiernan’s residence, but no one saw the actual exchange of money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...a-investigating-johnny-manziel-221126693.html

According to two of ESPN’s sources, Manziel received a flat five-figure fee in exchange for autographing hundreds of items while in Florida to attend the BCS title game in January. Multiple sources say they saw Manziel signing memorabilia in autograph broker Drew Tiernan’s residence, but no one saw the actual exchange of money.

This kid is not making it to his Sophomore year.WTF?

When I hear or read anything about the SEC. This is what comes to my mind
KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

And now this:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets

This kid is a moron.

Keeps getting worse and worse for him. BUT...if an NFL team needs a QB dropping him off their board for this would be crazy, imo.

For that and only that, I'd agree. That would be a bit extreme. But it's not just that. There was the incident where he drank himself out of a prime situation with the Manning camp. His father telling the world he's got issues with anger-management and alcohol. Plus, he has a free-lancing playing style somewhat like Tebow. And we've seen how well that's served TT in the league. But at least Tebow has good intangibles. So there's hope for him.

Manziel is like TT's playing style with Ryan Leaf's narcissistic personality. With a bit of Todd Marinovich's screwed up, high pressure upbringing thrown into the mix. Just from a non-football standpoint, I really hope Manziel can find someone to help him un-fvck himself mentally or the result in a few years ain't gonna be pretty.

Back