AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Tuuka is in and Ritchie has been moved to the 4th line to give them a little more scoring power. Kuhlman, JDB and Coyle are on line 3. They need to really bring it tonight and beating them soundly would do wonders for my blood pressure.

Roberto71

Reaction score
Christ almighty......that was humiliating. A stunning collapse in the series after starting well.

Back to the drawing board for the Bruins...

jetsknicks1

Reaction score
good series, everybody. I won’t pretend that I’ve followed hockey closely as an adult, I was of course, a huge Islander fan during high school when they were winning their 4 in a row but a lot of moving around and ending up in the south, I had lost touch with it but damn, catching back up with it over the last few seasons has been awesome.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
The officiating was terrible. McAvoy was going to need to be killed before they called anything...

Darth Despot

Not a real 'Merican - apparently
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
Tough series to wrap up.

If not for the Varlomov I think the Bruins cruise in 4 or 5, He made it possible for them to stay in the games and turn up their intensity in spots.

That said, I think the Bruins have some flaws that were exploited by the Islanders. The 2-4 lines for the Bruins were flat out not good enough.

Cassidy may be a good coach, Trotz is a great coach.

PumpDee

They Hate Us Cuz They Ain't Us.
Reaction score
Rask was really good for 4 games, then sucked the last 2. They got outclassed in just about every category. I didn't love the officiating but it's not the reason they lost. They need to get better on D if they want to make a run at the Cup.

I really like the kid, but DeBrusk pulled another disappearing act this series.

PatsFanDan

Reaction score
All true statements Dee.

I earlier stated Sweeney did a nice job at the deadline and I absolutely stand by that despite Hall and Reilly not looking great in the Isles series. That being said, after getting beat by the Isles with Barzal having 3g 3a and Debrusk no points and -4, the 2015 draft failure has never been so much at the forefront. It's time for Jake to go. Hopefully he matures and develops a work ethic on his next team. Send him out west just in case. Not likely to get much for him one way or the other.