I think this is a good 'Canes team.

It was.

Moving on now though.

Good effort. Not great.

Pasta back just makes that PP go.

Gotta convert better looking forward. 2 breakaways stuffed. Gotta be better.

And the d zone laying off and allowing continued pressure WILL NOT WORK vs a more talented team like TB.

Tampa’s next.

Doesn’t get any tougher.

Hopefully Pasta having extra time and treatment healed him up. We’ll need him.

Nice win!

That low glove side for Halak is concerning. Both goals deflected inside the low hash. McAvoy twice. He’s gotta be better blocking them. I know it takes stones. But he’s a big boy with a layer of extra padding.

Pasta back to norm it looked. Great finish on an exceptional Krejci feed. Marchand played great. Clyfton stood out. Ridiculous hands on Coyle. Lotta good.

I will say, when they sat back Vs Canes it was scary. Against Tampa? Horrifying! It just seems a matter of time and it’s in.

Ok, cooled down.

Was really pissed in the course of that game. Bs go up 2-1. Nice PP goal backdoor from Pasta. Couple minutes later what should’ve been a simple breakout is all fvcked up because the ref couldn’t get his fvcking ass outta the way. Instead of breaking out, odd man rush possible, it’s turned over, held in zone for another 15-20 seconds, and finds the back of the net.

Then they hit a stretch pass for a breakaway score.

Down 3-2 the Bs show fight and perseverance. Tic tac toe Pasta - Kuraly - Marchand for the equalizer with just a couple minutes left. Beautiful.

But OT was almost all Tampa. And they capped off a sustained offensive zone time with a hard net front play.

Bs have to press a little tighter in D zone coverage. They’re backed off, giving way to much time and space to this super skilled TB team. They’re late to every loose puck as a result and the zone time pressure resulted in 3 of the 4 goals last night.

And they MUST start making more of an effort finishing every check. No brakes before contact. No peeling away. HIT! Every time! Tampa is. A couple Bs are. But nowhere near enough.

I thought that was the worse game of the playoffs for Boston and they still almost pulled off the win. Marchand loves that corner of the cage and TB does nothing to stop him.

One thing I've never understood about this game, when the goalie freezes the puck the defending team is always allowed to throttle the opposing players, without any penalties being called. I saw TB do it a bunch of times last night and it was frustrating to watch. Lots of hard, heavy cross checks and no penalties.

I thought that was the worse game of the playoffs for Boston and they still almost pulled off the win. Marchand loves that corner of the cage and TB does nothing to stop him.

One thing I've never understood about this game, when the goalie freezes the puck the defending team is always allowed to throttle the opposing players, without any penalties being called. I saw TB do it a bunch of times last night and it was frustrating to watch. Lots of hard, heavy cross checks and no penalties.
PUNCH BACK AND TEH BULLY STOPS - The Bruins need to punch them in the mouth, early and often to win, if not they will expose Chara or Krug in the defensive zone.

Liberties are taken for sure. Heightened in the playoffs. Goalie is the pre-eminent position for almost every team. Protect at all costs. The aggressors typically aren’t called if the sticks stay down. Punchers for retaliation quite often will go. This TB PP is struggling now, but the Bs have to stay composed and out of the box. If that unit awakens this series won’t go well.

What a pathetic effort by the B's, they looked gas from the puck drop, taking stupid penalties and Halak didn't get a lot of help from the defense. Thankfully it's only 1 game and there's plenty of time to right the ship.

Halak needs a bigger glove... or any glove... Think Tampa's developed a book on him. Shoot to his glove side.

Bad as it was, it was just one loss, Game 4 is critical now. Get some rest and get back out there.

Back