Patriots44

call me Beer.... Beer44
Reaction score
The Lake Tahoe thing was great! the outdoor hockey always is a bit different but very cool and a nice win for the B's I didn't see the other game but loved Colorado rocking the old Nordiques sweaters.
I know the NHL got some grief over the delays for ice issues but they should just work out the kinks and do this in varies beautiful outdoor settings each year (enough with the baseball stadiums)

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Watched very little hockey this winter. So glad I tuned in last night. :coffee:

BradyGirl

Reaction score
It was a great game and got highest-ever rating for a regular hockey game on NBCSN. Gorgeous setting, and the B's scored three goals fast! :bruinslogo28: 🐻 :bruinslogo28:

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
The Habs canned Claude. It warms my heart to see the suckage in Montreal.
But I like Claude, he will land somewhere soon.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Nice game for the Bruins today. Classic end to the game as the puck was dropped and the gloves came off immediately. Remind me of the late 70s for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I liked at the end when the two players started fighting the officials just let them have it a bit since the game was over.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Bruins boost their lineup by adding Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar and Mike Reilly. Hall should see significant PP time with the first unit and adding Reilly to the backline will shore up the often injured group. Looking forward to some playoff hockey once again!

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Looks like Swayman could be the real deal, what a conundrum to have, 3 top notch goalies heading into the playoffs.

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
Holy crap, we finally beat you guys!! Bruins are looking very good going into the playoffs. With this stupid schedule this year, we've got tunnel vision and it's hard to see other divisions but Boston is obviously going to be tough to beat.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Holy crap, we finally beat you guys!! Bruins are looking very good going into the playoffs. With this stupid schedule this year, we've got tunnel vision and it's hard to see other divisions but Boston is obviously going to be tough to beat.
Looking forward :thumb:

Cheers

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

Damnit, you guys put a hurting on them last night, they looked like they weren’t even interested in playing and you can’t do that against any team in the NHL. Hopefully they bounce back tomorrow against the tuxedoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
Damnit, you guys put a hurting on them last night, they looked like they weren’t even interested in playing and you can’t do that against any team in the NHL. Hopefully they bounce back tomorrow against the tuxedoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time the Sabres played the Bruins before this past series was about 2 weeks into Interim Coach Dan Granato taking over as Sabres Coach. That was right around when we had beaten Philly to finally break the losing streak, the night after taking them to OT, and right around playing both Pittsburgh and Washington tight. After that stretch the common denominator that was reported here was that you could see how Granato had - unlike Kreuger - pushed the team to practice harder and work on conditioning and that was apparent as in all those games, the Sabres were the team that looked more fresh in the third periods.

I think this 3 game series was the same way; Buffalo hung around for 2 games but in the third, they had more energy. Boston looked tired, until that burst in near the end of the game where they scared 3 times (2 off of Sabres' sticks). 3 games in4 nights, on the road against the same team, would do that, I'm sure.

Just a note on the Sabres, they've looked like a different team under Granato. I hope he gets a serious look as elevating to permanent coach. It gives us some hope that under a normal Divisional structure where 4 of the top 10 Conference teams AREN'T in our Division, the Sabres will hopefully and finally be competitive.

In both Football and Hockey, both sports are just better when historic rivals like Buffalo and Boston/New England are competing for division titles and playoff spots

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Rangers are 4 points out but the B's have 2 games in hand plus 2 games against them at the Garden, I like their chances. With a winning record against everyone but the Isles they should be able to get in at # 4 or hopefully, when it's all over maybe even # 2. 9 games to go then it's time for playoff hockey!