Great win! A Pasta hat-trick back in front of a raucous crowd as well.

Hats rained down on the TD Garden ice for Pastrnak, and for the first time in a long time, there was a postseason buzz that reverberated throughout the arena with fans standing, cheering and chanting in bunches.

"It was just a nice moment to look around. Enjoy it. It's playoff hockey. That's what it's all about," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "I'm sure we'll feel that in New York, too, when we get there. But it was our turn to sort of take it all in here. So, that's what I did."

It helps when you have Pastrnak on your side, as well.

"It's a different sport with them in the building. It warms your heart and reminds you why you play the sport," Pastrnak said. "You could tell, right from the warm-ups, the fans were going to help us."

View: https://twitter.com/NBCSCameraGuys/status/1398808444614975489

Isles got a lucky bounce and capitalized on it. Bruins took their foot of the pedal in the 2nd and paid the price, still, I like the way the B's are playing and their chances of advancing in this series.

I'm still amazed that Pasta had 24 square feet of wide open net and missed.

The goaltending on both sides has been world class all series long.

The Bs need to make some adjustments to deal with the Islanders forechecking. Too many extended periods of zone time because they couldn't move it out.

The Bs need to make some adjustments to deal with the Islanders forechecking. Too many extended periods of zone time because they couldn't move it out.
It was certainly a physical approach from the Islanders.

The Bruins need to make any player that's standing in front of the net pay for it, they are letting them get away with putting pucks in the net without any kind of pushback. We need Carlo back and Miller wouldn't hurt either. I think they are going to play their best game of the series tonight. Has there been a more open net for Pasta to shoot into than that one on Saturday, that was a game changer for sure.

I just hope that Pasta miss won't be this years Glen Wesley miss..

At the end of the day the Islanders are denying the Bruins the final pass and covering up rebounds.

I am struggling a bit with seeing a Bruins forward cross checked 4 or 5 times to no call and the Bruins defenders sitting after one pop. I think the Islanders have perfected the art of the dive.

At the end of the day the Islanders are denying the Bruins the final pass and covering up rebounds.

I am struggling a bit with seeing a Bruins forward cross checked 4 or 5 times to no call and the Bruins defenders sitting after one pop. I think the Islanders have perfected the art of the dive.

Cassidy had a go at them for the whole, we play by the rules, we're whiter than white schtick.

The Bruins are at last chance saloon. They seem doomed at this stage, the Islanders just have this edge over them the past few games.

Back