SteelerFan87

Pittsburgh Awesomes Fan
Reaction score
I just realized there is no hockey thread here. Surely there are alot of Bruins fans here, right? So, since the NHL season has finally started, lets talk about hockey.

LINDSTROM!!!!
go wings

My wife has put a bounty on the head of the person who came up with the centerice package, I can and will watch hockey 7 days a week...:thumb:

I'm excited for the Bruins season. They can't be worse than last year. We will see what the captain Zdeno Charra will do. And hopefully Glenn Murray and Patrice have a good year.

Go Bruins!!!

I would rather watch a grass growing contect than Hockey.

I would rather watch a paint drying contest than Hockey.

I would rather watch the World Curling Championship than Hockey.

Any sport where all but the last place team in a division makes the playoffs....makes the regular season meaningless.

With that said my hate for Ulf Samuelson keeps my hate for Pittsburgh glowing brightly.:D

I am cautiously optimistic of the new season. They've made some big changes and will probably take some time to develop. But the future does appear to be bright. I am eager to see Chara crushing people in front of the net.

The Big Lebowski said:
I am cautiously optimistic of the new season. They've made some big changes and will probably take some time to develop. But the future does appear to be bright. I am eager to see Chara crushing people in front of the net.
I am really looking forward to this season, to me it will be a make or break

If improvement is shown and the at least make an appearance in the playoffs then I will keep watching if not I will watch casually like the last 2 years

Hockey can sometimes be like watching poetry in motion

115328.GIF

I'm excited the Bruins begin tonight. I'm expecting a decent season from them because we have a real coach this year. I never liked Sullivan...the guy stayed with the same style of hockey even though he kept losing.

Best case scenario for the Bruins is the 6th playoff seed....which after last year would be great. If Tim Thomas and HT can play to their capabilities we can have a decnt season riding them.

I expect much better transitional hockey from the back this year. That was their biggest problem last year. Also, I think a few teams will be :banghead: that they passed on Kessel. His numbers going down mean nothing...he will excell in the NHL with more ice surface to play with.

Go Bruins ... also excited waiting for the Green to get going.

SteelerFan87 said:
I just realized there is no hockey thread here. Surely there are alot of Bruins fans here, right? So, since the NHL season has finally started, lets talk about hockey.

It's about time.......:thumb: except we will be talking about the stars....:D

Therick67 said:
My wife has put a bounty on the head of the person who came up with the centerice package, I can and will watch hockey 7 days a week...:thumb:

:dance:

sonsofkraftybob said:
I would rather watch the World Curling Championship than Hockey.

Hey man, don't knock Curling. Thats a mans sport right there.

I actually had a good time watching it in the last Olympics.

One of those sports you have to be really, really "not sober" to get into.

:D

RoadGrader said:
Hockey can sometimes be like watching poetry in motion

115328.GIF

And sometimes it's like watching a train wreck in motion.

New year...same Bruins. That is why I haven't been a supporter since Neely, Janney, Moog, Lemilin, Bob Sweeney, Don Sweeney, Borque, Carpenter, Brickley, Burridge, Byers, Poulin, Christian days.

I started a thread on just how great the Cup Finals were.
I absolutley love Ice Hockey.
There are some awesome hits in football but imagine both players going 30 miles an hour and THEN the hit.
And these are not little guys either...
Just a fast sport with set plays and the room for "individual achivement" ( Thanks Mr. Deniro)

And my stars won tonight.......3-1 over the devils...and will you look at the panthers...they are champs and they still can't get a win.....:D

Well, my Pens are 1-1 now, with a huge win over the Flyers and a 2-0 loss to the Red Wings.

I must say, I'm quite impressed with the team this year. Fleury has been amazing, the defense has played MUCH better than last year, the penalty kill has been great, and they're alot more physical than last year. Colby Armstrong is crushing people with checks. And Crosby, well, he's Crosby. He got shut down by the wings tonight though, somehow. Only 1 shot on goal, although he did have some beautiful plays that could have lead to goals. I can't wait untill Malkin comes back.

And what's with this lack of Bruin love? I thought people in boston loved hockey.

BTW, Curling can be very entertaining. I was watching USA vs I think maybe Sweden and there was this guy (from Sweden?) who, every time he'd slide the rock (or whatever that is) down the ice, he'd just go nuts screaming out orders to his teammates (the guys with the brooms) Watching his face was just hilarious.

The B's are 1-1. 2nd game of the year was much better than the 1st. Better goaltending and defense. I can only hope for a playoff spot for the Bruins.

Back