I expected some rust - and those bone headed no-look passes (and some over passing in the offensive zone aside) - things went pretty well! :toast:

I'll be curious how the Blues (try) to respond wednesday. if they have any kind of answer this may be a series. if B's can do what they did for last 2/3rd's of last nights game.... well, lets not jinx things. one game at a time

(it is what it is :coffee: )

Anyone see the spear that Schenn did at the final whistle.

Hate these motherfuckers...

How far hockey has come.
Terry Sawchuk - The face of a hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment, 1966

How far hockey has come.
Terry Sawchuk - The face of a hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment, 1966

Unreal the courage it took to be a goalie back then. Even when the first masks were used, they didn't do too much to minimize the damage. When we look at old clips, we rarely see the goalie going down. They kept their heads above the crossbar.

Cheevers put stitches on his mask to represent the damage that would have been done without the mask.

The Boston hatred has reached new highs.

I have several Facebook friends who are hockey players/fans. Most are convinced that Marchand took Binnington's stick, Krug launched himself at Thomas, Backes flopped on the cross check, and Milbury needs to be removed from the studio due to his obvious homerism.

I fricking love it!!!

I have several Facebook friends who are hockey players/fans. Most are convinced that Marchand took Binnington's stick, Krug launched himself at Thomas, Backes flopped on the cross check, and Milbury needs to be removed from the studio due to his obvious homerism.

I fricking love it!!!

If we can win this series you can troll them all for months!!

I fricking love it!!!

They sound more like pink hats than actual hockey players/fans.

How far hockey has come.

A movie is coming out about Sawchuk, you can find the trailer on YouTube.

This guy had some serious issues off the ice.

I have the book about him, just haven't had the time to read it.

This guy had some serious issues off the ice.
I imagine you had to be a certain kind of crazy to play goalie back then. I'm going to have nightmares after seeing that picture.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Blues respond tonight. They got mostly dominated but the B's got owned at times during the playoffs too and rebounded nicely every time. Supposedly the Blues have that same kind of resiliency too and I guess we'll find out if that's true or not.

Back