Official Patriots Planet Photo thread

dropKickMurphy said:
Hey Pookster -

Does this make you feel guilty?

Jeez... Almost DKM! But then I remember the good old days of sticking M80's in the sunfishes mouths and blowin' em up. Free speech once again comes to mind and I believe that People Eating Tasty Animals has every right to their 'shock and awe' campaign.

Peg.... They're slimy alright. Especially when you've got your arm all the way inside of a cut off 55 gallon drum underwater and you've been holding your breath for nearly a minute. However the key to grappling is to take turns with the real rednecks. I learned that you let them go first to wear out the fish that's in that barrell. Then, when it's your turn, you stick your hand in there (you MUST wear work gloves) find the sucker's mouth, jam your thumb in the mouth and let it bite you. It doesn't hurt much as catfish have many little teeth that barely ever penetrate the work glove. Once he's bitten you, he's doomed. You've got access to grab him by the gill and yank him out. The tough part that would piss off PETA is that cats have the horns....big ones sometimes and they often break when you pull the fish through the small hole at the top of the drum.

See here's how grappling worked in my experience w/ it. These old guys cut plastic 55 gallon drums in half and cut a hole in the halves that's barely big enough for your arm. In late winter they go out on the shallow part of the lake, which is miles long and wide and put their barrels down in the muck so that the hole is the only way in (or out). These old rednecks don't even mark their barrels, they just remember where they are, which amazed me. Then the catfish go in there in the spring to make babies. The mommas and poppas are nice and big by summer. Their spikes are dull because they're old and worn. The little ones are different.. they're active and those friggin spikes hurt and cause a heck of a wound and possible infection if they get you right. You go out in the boat with the old timers who never get out, they just yell at you what to do. You walk side by side in the muck with old sneakers on 'till somebody hits a barrel. That person calls the others over and puts their foot over the hole. Then you just take turns holding your breath and going under the water, completely blind. You stick your arm in the hole and chase the fish around w/ your gloved hand. You do this until somebody gets the prize... I got 5 fish that day and the 2 in the pic are my biggest ones.

If that aint redneck, I don't know what is! It's actually scary at first because the old timers make it a point to tell you horror stories about turtles and snakes that find their way into the barrells.:( :(

Pook,

That is the damndest thing I ever heard. I thought you were messing with us a little, but theres too much detail. It has to be true.

I gotta try some fish grapplin'!!

Hawg73 said:
Since my good buddy DropKick posted a so-so pic of me, I decided to post one. This is a recent shot of me downing a Margarita at the Fort Lauderdale airport last month. and yes, I had quite the buzz going if that is not obvious to all.

Now at least Brewski can't accuse me of being "Wilson" anymore.

And Pookie, I kind of think you dig the redneck lifestlye - don't BS us (it sounded like a good time).

Hawg! You are HOT!

But seriously... Now that I've seen the picture of you, the Uncle Hawg name will come back for sure. You look exactly like my Uncle Harry, the cop, when he was much younger and un-dead. The redneck life has it's good's and bad's. Good food (especially BBQ) and good people in the Tennessee/Mississippi, but God forbid you want to run in and out of the convenience store for a gallon of milk real quick........ "how y'all doing today? Hot out there aint it? I see you got a bruins shirt on, I didn't know they was black and yeller, how's UCLA doing this year anyway? University of Rhode Island? What part of New York is that in?" Oy.... they meant well but sometimes you just want your change. One time my buddy Jonny lost it and said "why don't you just shut the hell up and give me my Marlboro's?" He's a wonderful yankee personality to have around..... :D

Re: Usually I don't share personal pictures on the Internet...

FallingAlice said:
Safety reasons, of course.

But I trust you guys.

So....now you know what I look like. Short, squat with large thighs and a big bulbous black ant head.

Really Alice! Jeez. We'd appreciate it if you wouldn't post such close up graphic pictures of yourself.... Some things must be kept sacred, you know.

Re: Re: Re: Usually I don't share personal pictures on the Internet...

FallingAlice said:
Well, that was the 10,000 light-year perspective. Here's something a little closer. Slightly different thighs. I had a pair of old Vaughns at the time. Slightly different black bulbous ant head.

Wow! Nice head Alice! And that buttocks...mmmmm. But I give you credit as a goalie. We used to play every weekend on the rink in Franklin at around 1am and a couple of times I tried goalie....That sucks. The pads are wicked heavy and I got a puck right in the bicep that made my glove arm fall right off onto the ice... I swear the guys stuck it back on for me! :eek: After two sessions in goalie, I went back to left wing and was happy to get the occasional slap shot off the ankle.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Usually I don't share personal pictures on the Internet...

FallingAlice said:
Still, I think the craziest move in hockey has to be when wingers fall on the ice to smother a hard slap shot from the point. I mean, that's crazy . The way I look at it, at least I have the best protection on the ice.

This is true. When I played as a filler in my brother's league when I was about 17 (which I really had no business playing in this league) I blocked a blue line slap shot with my shin pad. That's what you're supposed to do, right... use you're shin pad? This particular shot hit me in such a way that I completely lost the use of my left leg. Like you stated, it's not like I could've have called a timeout because little pookie had his left leg amputated by a puck. So I made my way to the bench on one leg, but couldn't skate another shift.

As for laying down to block a shot. I forget who is was on the B's some years ago that had his ear turned to hamburger by blocking a shot. I wanna say Rick Middleton, but I don't think it was that long ago. Gary Galley, that's who it was! It was gross. Those guys are brave and partially mentally retarded at the same time to take that risk night in and night out. No way. Frozen pucks hurt, I don't care what anybody says.

In MY day we didn't HAVE any of those fancy-schmancy PADS. We took a shot right off the shin bone, then pushed the shattered bones back into place, taped them up with baling wire and then caved in a few skulls with our Northlands.

AND WE LIKED IT!!!

This is the photo thread, so here's a keeper for the ages for any Pats fan that doesn't yet have this. The last play ever played at Foxboro/Sullivan/Shaeffer Stadium.... the Bunker.

Pook -

Looks like PETA's trying to take all the fun out of being a redneck....

Hey All... Been busy with the "new computer blues" and converting my old PC to XP and encountered mucho problemos with my website software... Anyway, here's a pic of me and THE MAN!! (Will be seeing him on Saturday at the card show!!)

dropKickMurphy said:
Pook -

Looks like PETA's trying to take all the fun out of being a redneck....

Did that bitch dog rat me out again? What a baaaaad girl.
ROFL
That's creative DK. Nice work! I just got the Adobe photo editor program, but haven't loaded it yet. I'll fix you and your little Hawg too!
o:)

dropKickMurphy said:
Then again.....

Stop it! I haven't laughed that hard in months! That's the funniest picture posted on this entire board yet! Hawg is Wilson after all!!!!!

Oh, my effing word--
That is hysterical, dKM!... :)
Speaking of "Cast Away", though---I know someone that was contacted about having his props involved in that movie (& they were!)... Kind of a small world story... :)
But back to your funny photo--you got it... Straw and all... :)
Thank you, thank you!... :)
RO, MFTFPF!... -Peg :)
p.s.--some day you will get it... the acronym, that is! :)

Hawg

Have'nt we met ?.Maybe it was on Helen Taylor trail or maybe it was at Katahdin stream campsite or maybe it was Abol slide ????,lol.Probably not ,but its not outside the relm of possabilities.Great pictures of the mountain,bet you have alot that
could be post cards!.

Yikes!!...
The thought that you guys may have met before is kind of scary!... Don't 'cha think?!... You all have been travelling up there and hiking around there for YEARS now, haven't you?!...
My aunt & uncle used to live up by Mt. Katahdin... Wouldn't it be bizarre if we had all met around there, before?!... :cool:
It IS a small world, afterall... :)
Maybe we shall see how small, at our gathering on the 26th at the Good Time Emporium, ay?! :)

Prometheus441 said:
Hawg

Have'nt we met ?.Maybe it was on Helen Taylor trail or maybe it was at Katahdin stream campsite or maybe it was Abol slide ????,lol.Probably not ,but its not outside the relm of possabilities.Great pictures of the mountain,bet you have alot that
could be post cards!.

Actually, I've only been twice, but DropKick has been going for years and you might have run into him. Crazier things have happened.

You wouldn't be an ex-marine that lives up there for months at a time are you? No? Thank god.

Thanks for the nice words, but the only time we have "met" was back in the day at Patriots.com as far as I know.

Hm,funny you should mention that.I do know happen to know one but he rarely stays from Cooper Pond ,in the Jo-Mary district.
Could it be that there are mutiple X-jar heads,struting thier stuff
around the Maine wilderness.Sounds vaugely like something from deliverance !,lol.

Prometheus441 said:
Hm,funny you should mention that.I do know happen to know one but he rarely stays from Cooper Pond ,in the Jo-Mary district.
Could it be that there are mutiple X-jar heads,struting thier stuff
around the Maine wilderness.Sounds vaugely like something from deliverance !,lol.

We met this creepy dude at the bunkhouse we shared at Russell Pond. He was allright the first night, at least up until I asked him what he was going to do when the park closed later that week. I don't think it ever occured to him before I asked. Come morning he would not speak at all and looked right through us.

He told us he had been there all season and likes to bushwhack through the brush. Regular trails aren't badassed enough for him. At one point he heard a plane (we couldn't hear anything) and he started railing against the U.S. military for soiling the pristine solitude of Baxter. We wasted no time in hitting the trail that morning and I kept looking over my shoulder to see if he was stalking us. The characters you meet up in the deep woods.

At one point he looked at DropKick and said "you got a purty mouth boy". Yikes.

Sounds like a perfect of example of someone who has spent waaayyy too much time alone in the woods.Next time ya hit Baxter,ya go check out big & little niagra falls.Its a great place to
see and does'nt hurt to take a bath after a day on trail either :thumb: ,lol.

Back