Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

On my Facebook just now:

I'd like to share something I know and hold dear.

I just posted this in a thread about pet peeves on a message board which I call home in my favorite little corner of the internet. Patriots Planet. A New England Patriots site which is far more that a sports site. It is a brother and sisterhood of beautifiul yet very different people the world over.

Patriotsplanet.net

"Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

Get out of societal norms. Tell the world to go screw. Smoke a joint, have a beer at 7 am, do something strange for no other reason than you want to, as you watch the world hit the rat race and appreciate the freedom and incredible perspective that comes from rejecting what we all feel is necessary by other people's standards, time frames and guidelines.

There is a million ways to make money legitimately if we just step out of the box, find and follow your passions to the end.

I know most of us here have our paths set. For those who don't and can, think about this for a minute.

I've never lived by other's standards. Eminently successful and happy nevertheless.

Question what constitutes success. For whom, by what standard.

Not in love with John Lennon but on this one he got it.

How can you be happy? Dont you miss the big time?

We are the big time, each and everyone of us. That is the point so many miss.

This life is ours.

Love you guys. ❤️

Peace ✌️

View: https://youtu.be/uVXR2LYeFBI

Last edited:
My pet peeve is when you get up in the morning and check out Patriots Planet and see there are new pictures posted to the PP girlie thread and you open it up just to find 2 or 3 posts.

My pet peeve is when you get up in the morning and check out Patriots Planet and see there are new pictures posted to the PP girlie thread and you open it up just to find 2 or 3 posts.
My pet peeve is when you get up in the morning and check out Patriots Planet and see there are no new pictures posted to the PP girlie thread

People who aren't handicapped parking in a handicapped parking space. I realize that there are reasons why a person can qualify for a handicapped parking permit even though they may not look handicapped. But, when I see someone jump out of their vehicle (which has no handicapped permit) and then trot into wherever it is they are going; I find myself wanting to yell, "Citizen's arrest" because they are most likely not handicapped, but just entitled jerks.

People who aren't handicapped parking in a handicapped parking space. I realize that there are reasons why a person can qualify for a handicapped parking permit even though they may not look handicapped. But, when I see someone jump out of their vehicle (which has no handicapped permit) and then trot into wherever it is they are going; I find myself wanting to yell, "Citizen's arrest" because they are most likely not handicapped, but just entitled jerks.
I like to park in handicapped spaces
while handicapped people
make handicapped faces!

View: https://youtu.be/lX4hN2KAaww

Last edited:
To add to this bullshit, handicap stuff:

People who asked for wheelchair rides in the airport, clearly out of laziness and a desire to pass the security lines. I have TSA pre-check, so I don’t have to deal with them, but it still pisses me off when I watch people in airport wheelchairs, pass a 250 person line for security only to hop out of the chair and stroll over to the gate once they get through security.

On my Facebook just now:

I'd like to share something I know and hold dear.

I just posted this in a thread about pet peeves on a message board which I call home in my favorite little corner of the internet. Patriots Planet. A New England Patriots site which is far more that a sports site. It is a brother and sisterhood of beautifiul yet very different people the world over.

Patriotsplanet.net

"Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

Get out of societal norms. Tell the world to go screw. Smoke a joint, have a beer at 7 am, do something strange for no other reason than you want to, as you watch the world hit the rat race and appreciate the freedom and incredible perspective that comes from rejecting what we all feel is necessary by other people's standards, time frames and guidelines.

There is a million ways to make money legitimately if we just step out of the box, find and follow your passions to the end.

I know most of us here have our paths set. For those who don't and can, think about this for a minute.

I've never lived by other's standards. Eminently successful and happy nevertheless.

Question what constitutes success. For whom, by what standard.

Not in love with John Lennon but on this one he got it.

How can you be happy? Dont you miss the big time?

We are the big time, each and everyone of us. That is the point so many miss.

This life is ours.

Love you guys. ❤️

Peace ✌️

View: https://youtu.be/uVXR2LYeFBI

Speaking of pet peeves...Yoko Ono! That screechy shrilly most annoying sound eva!

People who asked for wheelchair rides in the airport, clearly out of laziness and a desire to pass the security lines. I have TSA pre-check, so I don’t have to deal with them, but it still pisses me off when I watch people in airport wheelchairs, pass a 250 person line for security only to hop out of the chair and stroll over to the gate once they get through security.
It depends on the situation. Some are asshats, but, some might have neuropathy, cancer, heart problems, chronic pain, etc. I know what you're saying though. Ive seen little roll/E/poll/E fat ass kids run into people in grocery store machines and yelling at them to move out of their way. Whenever I see that happening, I tell them to walk off their obesity problem.

In all seriousness, though, the exception to this can be "does it make sense." I've done it in specific situations where there are absurd numbers of handicapped spots open, no visible non handicapped spots, and I'm in a crazy rush.

I'm not willing to actually take a needed spot from someone who is handicapped, but I am willing to get a ticket for breaking the law when it's critical that I get where I need to go.

It depends on the situation. Some are asshats, but, some might have neuropathy, cancer, heart problems, chronic pain, etc. I know what you're saying though. Ive seen little roll/E/poll/E fat ass kids run into people in grocery store machines and yelling at them to move out of their way. Whenever I see that happening, I tell them to walk off their obesity problem.

Some are legit for sure and they deserve to be taken care of.

But in some airports (Talkin' 'bout YOU O'Hare and Philly) the number of wheelchair abusers is ridiculous. And the latest trend is demanding all of the travelers in their group bypass the lines along with them. You will see 12 wheel chairs and 28 people following. Pre-check avoids this but I see an ever increasing level of agitation amongst the folks waiting in a 90 minute line concerned they will miss their own flight. Only a matter of time before you see a fight arise from this in online (WTF thread?) and the person in the wheelchair will stand up and join the fray.

Trust me. You know the great wide open. I know the great dank halls of the airports.

Last edited:
I with you on this. When I'm in a large parking lot, I typically park very far away from the entrance. Extra steps are good. There are exceptions, of course (inclement weather, or if I expect to be carrying something heavy or bulk on my way, etc.)

But I'm always on the lookout to get a little bit of extra movement in my day. And I don't think I have ever parked in a handicapped space.

I with you on this. When I'm in a large parking lot, I typically park very far away from the entrance. Extra steps are good. There are exceptions, of course (inclement weather, or if I expect to be carrying something heavy or bulk on my way, etc.)

But I'm always on the lookout to get a little bit of extra movement in my day. And I don't think I have ever parked in a handicapped space.
My husband received a handicapped parking permit when he lost his vision, but we have never used it. While he has to be led, he can walk very well . . . albeit, slowly.

Like you, I tend to park far away because walking is good exercise and I'm less likely to have some idiot ding up my vehicle. And, I'm more likely to remember where I parked without having to hit the "panic" button.

Your post has my blood boiling, but that has nothing to do with you or what you wrote. It's because your post reminded me of what I call "My Trip to Hell and Back".

While there is now a direct flight from FtW to Charlotte, that wasn't the case 12 years ago when I accompanied my mother on a trip. So, we had to change planes in Detroit. We were supposed to have a two-hour layover, but that was cut to 30 minutes due to a delay in FtW. If Detroit would have actually provided the wheelchair assistance that I had requested, we may have caught that flight. Instead, we were told that we had to be the last passengers off the plane and there was no one with a wheelchair waiting for us.

I finally found a wheelchair that was unlike any I had ever seen. The best way to describe it is to compare it to a self-propelled push mower because the only way to move the thing was to push up on the bar on the back of the chair. Since I haven't flown since, it may be that all airports have such wheelchairs and that there is a very good safety factor reason for them. I just know that they are a pain in the butt because the person in the chair can't move it with their arms or legs.

Since the wheelchair didn't have the typical hand grips, there wasn't anywhere to dangle anything either. So, I had my purse, our two carry-on bags, and my mother's walker dangling from my shoulders as I tried to race from Gate C-something to Gate A-something (or vice versa) in an airport that I discovered was frickin' huge. Consequently, we didn't catch that flight and then had to wait 3.5 hours for another flight. During that time, I discovered that a Vera Bradley purse will soak up water like a sponge if you accidentally knock it into a motion-detecting sink. When it was finally time to board our flight, we were once again told that we had to be the last passengers.

Charlotte was the complete opposite. We were the first off the plane. An attendant with a wheelchair was waiting for my mother the second she stepped off the plane. The difference was so amazing that we went from feeling like we were inconsequential scum in Detroit to feeling like we were royalty in Charlotte. It's rare for me to drink alcohol; but on our return flight back to Detroit, I ordered a Bloody Mary. I responded to my mom's disapproving look by saying, "Mother, I need this. We are heading back to Hell."

Jumbo flying ants. I fucking H8 these pestilence purveyors of poison. They're swarming all over here lately.

Back