Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

Yes, indeed it did. :)
I gotta be honest, I never fully understood the massive problem you had with squirrels until I went down to NC to visit my girlfriend once. They are just huge and evil. In fact, it seemed all of the nature there from the heat and humidity to the bugs, to snakes and everything in between was misanthropic and completely out to destroy humanity. So I get it now. :rofl:

Not sure if I should be happy or not that you get it. :rofl:

Yeah, it is surreal what one finds down this way.

Not sure if I should be happy or not that you get it. :rofl:

Yeah, it is surreal what one finds down this way.

It was a miserable experience but beautiful country and my girlfriend ended up move up there with me for a while so I suppose it was a net positive trip. :)

Oh, gosh, it seems the older I get the more irk me. LOL

When I am at the grocery store, I don't expect the cashier to have a long indept conversation with me or any if she chooses. But don't have a long conversation with the cashier next to you, the bag boy or anyone so you are not paying attention that you are done ringing me up, have made a mistake, the customer is waiting for you to press a button so her payment can go through, hold the receipt in your hand as you are still talking to anyone else and so much more.

I have missed this thread. LOLOL
My pet peeve is grocery shopping checkout lines. I usually get the line that never moves. H8!

It was a miserable experience but beautiful country and my girlfriend ended up move up there with me for a while so I suppose it was a net positive trip. :)

It is beautiful country, it reminds me a lot of my home in Northern Maine. And you found a silver lining, bravo. :)

twisty turny road, lots of blind curves and hills one lane each way, 45 mph speed limit. so naturally, 2 bicyclists riding along at quite a leisurely pace SIDE BY SIDE in the one lane almost cause an accident.🤬🤬🤬🤬 then another one runs a stop sign. also, i can count on one hand the amount of them who signal. WE HAVE MILESANDMILESANDMILES of gorgeous parks in our county. GO.THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP RIDING 10-25 MPH ON COUNTRY ROADS WITH TWISTS,TURNS, HILLS, ONE LANE EACH WAY, WILD ANIMALS DARTING OUT IN THE ROAD FREQUENTLY AND 45+MPH SPEED LIMITS!!!!!!

twisty turny road, lots of blind curves and hills one lane each way, 45 mph speed limit. so naturally, 2 bicyclists riding along at quite a leisurely pace SIDE BY SIDE in the one lane almost cause an accident.🤬🤬🤬🤬 then another one runs a stop sign. also, i can count on one hand the amount of them who signal. WE HAVE MILESANDMILESANDMILES of gorgeous parks in our county. GO.THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP RIDING 10-25 MPH ON COUNTRY ROADS WITH TWISTS,TURNS, HILLS, ONE LANE EACH WAY, WILD ANIMALS DARTING OUT IN THE ROAD FREQUENTLY AND 45+MPH SPEED LIMITS!!!!!!
I have had the hardest time coming up with a legit pet peeve cuz I have a tendency to just let shit go.

I have found one and it's fundamental to who I am and it applies to cyclists that invade NH in my area every year.

My pet peeve is disrespect, nothing pisses me off more than unearned disrespect, and these cyclists in this beautiful vacation area, to a man or woman, have no respect for drivers. I have been in the passenger's seat many times and when we are finally able to get around these shits in spandex I have an almost over-the-top urge to open my door and clean the fuckers out. 38 years of dealing with this crap has my patience quite low.

I have had the hardest time coming up with a legit pet peeve cuz I have a tendency to just let shit go.

I have found one and it's fundamental to who I am and it applies to cyclists that invade NH in my area every year.

My pet peeve is disrespect, nothing pisses me off more than unearned disrespect, and these cyclists in this beautiful vacation area, to a man or woman, have no respect for drivers. I have been in the passenger's seat many times and when we are finally able to get around these shits in spandex I have an almost over-the-top urge to open my door and clean the fuckers out. 38 years of dealing with this crap has my patience quite low.

ROFL
Here, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

snickers-candy-bar-2mrpyln.png

Pet peeve dujour. Websites seem to be more and more bound and determined to force me to turn off my add blocker.

But if I can't find my way through, they are history.

Cheers

My pet peeve at the moment, well, I won't break it down here, I just want to throw double freedom rockets at most of this once great nation and the world at large.

16-22.jpg

Last edited:
I have a pet peeve that sometimes makes me my own pet peeve. That pet peeve is when someone doesn't use pronouns properly.

Example: Me and him watched the game.

Now, if one of you were to write that sentence in a post; I wouldn't correct you because no one (including me) likes the grammar police. But, I would be sitting here muttering and correcting you.

If someone on the radio or TV would say something like my example, I would be correcting them. (I won't say who because I don't want to get into politics, but I've even corrected a POTUS on several occasions.) However, it isn't a problem because they can't hear me.

The problem comes when I'm in the presence of someone who doesn't use pronouns properly. I automatically correct them without thinking about how obnoxious I am being. It's like I have a grammatical version of Tourettes.

I have a pet peeve that sometimes makes me my own pet peeve. That pet peeve is when someone doesn't use pronouns properly.

Example: Me and him watched the game.

Now, if one of you were to write that sentence in a post; I wouldn't correct you because no one (including me) likes the grammar police. But, I would be sitting here muttering and correcting you.

If someone on the radio or TV would say something like my example, I would be correcting them. (I won't say who because I don't want to get into politics, but I've even corrected a POTUS on several occasions.) However, it isn't a problem because they can't hear me.

The problem comes when I'm in the presence of someone who doesn't use pronouns properly. I automatically correct them without thinking about how obnoxious I am being. It's like I have a grammatical version of Tourettes.

:rofl:

I hear ya on this and I am guilty of it at times in my posts and writing, and my editor has gone from laughing about it to caving my head in over it. LOL

Proper grammar and its use has a great basis in philosophy and proper command of the English language is essential to any reasoned argument, yet I often fail that principle, particularly on social media.

The sad thing to me is when I speak in propper grammar, a number in my real-world feel slighted and think I'm coming across with some superior attitude or some such nonsense. Truly sad to me.

I really need to listen to this lecture course again from this brilliant mind for everyone's benefit. :)

Principles of Grammar​

The science that studies the methods of combining concepts — i.e., words — into sentences is grammar. Discover how the normally dry subject of grammar can be transformed into an engrossing, epistemological field of study. Learn why a mastery of the principles of grammar is essential for precision in thinking and writing. These tapes enable you to study at your own pace and convenience. An exercise booklet (with the answers given during the lectures) is included. This is grammar as it should be — but never is — taught.

I respect motocycle riders and give them the right and respect to do their thing. But when you drive between cars on the interstate or on the roads anything can happen to you or someone else. The space between two cars on a two lane road is not where you need or should be. Anything can happen from a death to major mental and physical torment if someone dies and someone lives.

I don't now how many times I have seen someone on a motorcycle almost get squished and hit by doing this. It is not about you being on a motocycle, it is driving safe as I try my best to drive safe so I get home and who ever I encounter gets home safe and sound by me not doing something stupid. And when you try this between 18 wheelers, good grief as I say a quick prayer. Especially if you think both trucks can see you at all times.

I respect motocycle riders and give them the right and respect to do their thing. But when you drive between cars on the interstate or on the roads anything can happen to you or someone else. The space between two cars on a two lane road is not where you need or should be. Anything can happen from a death to major mental and physical torment if someone dies and someone lives.

I don't now how many times I have seen someone on a motorcycle almost get squished and hit by doing this. It is not about you being on a motocycle, it is driving safe as I try my best to drive safe so I get home and who ever I encounter gets home safe and sound by me not doing something stupid. And when you try this between 18 wheelers, good grief as I say a quick prayer. Especially if you think both trucks can see you at all times.
Agreed, I have a lot of friends here from my old hell-raising days in NH that are big 'ol bikers and Harley nutz, some are fully affiliated with the Hell's Angels, Vigilatlate's and Vietnam Vets bike gangs who do not get along at all, but I digress. One lost his leg not be because he was acting the fool, but because the other driver was oblivious to him and every year at the beginning of bike season their girls, wives, and friends send out all kinds of admonishments to take care to watch out for bikers, I agree but many act like assholes and give the whole thing a bad name. Invariably every year a number here do something and get hurt or killed for their testosterone-fueled aggressive riding. Very sad, all of this is preventable.

On a complete side note,. LOL, I made the mistake at 15 years old of discussing the "driving " of my buddy's dad's Harley with him and he, the big burly lifestyle living biker in full beard dressed me down so hard I will never make the mistake again. He said, "Look you ignorant little shit, you don't drive a Harley, she is like a woman, you ride that bitch wherever she wants to take you." Lesson well-learned learned sir. Boy did that man command respect. :)

Agreed, I have a lot of friends here from my old hell-raising days in NH that are big 'ol bikers and Harley nutz, some are fully affiliated with the Hell's Angels, Vigilatlate's and Vietnam Vets bike gangs who do not get along at all, but I digress. One lost his leg not be because he was acting the fool, but because the other driver was oblivious to him and every year at the beginning of bike season their girls, wives, and friends send out all kinds of admonishments to take care to watch out for bikers, I agree but many act like assholes and give the whole thing a bad name. Invariably every year a number here do something and get hurt or killed for their testosterone-fueled aggressive riding. Very sad, all of this is preventable.

On a complete side note,. LOL, I made the mistake at 15 years old of discussing the "driving " of my buddy's dad's Harley with him and he, the big burly lifestyle living biker in full beard dressed me down so hard I will never make the mistake again. He said, "Look you ignorant little shit, you don't drive a Harley, she is like a woman, you ride that bitch wherever she wants to take you." Lesson well-learned learned sir. Boy did that man command respect. :)
:rofl: Ooh that thar is good.

Chees5

Peeve du jour

May as well go forward and leap into the eternal furnace of anti politically correct on every which way Front.

To be fair, there are some commercials acted by white actors with no imbedded political message (well. apart from the obvious white racism). But product after product peopled by Gay couples, plain old fashioned women only, Black Actors, Mixed race couples (seemingly mostly Black male paired to white female - perhaps to intentionally tweek the age old bugaboo). Read up on this well visited phenominom and it seems that the explanation that this is occuring for legitimate commercial reason. Doing this will make everyone happy and thus be more fair AND sell more product. As if a mixed race gay couple will make me go buy shampoo.

There. I said it,

Peeve du jour

May as well go forward and leap into the eternal furnace of anti politically correct on every which way Front.

To be fair, there are some commercials acted by white actors with no imbedded political message (well. apart from the obvious white racism). But product after product peopled by Gay couples, plain old fashioned women only, Black Actors, Mixed race couples (seemingly mostly Black male paired to white female - perhaps to intentionally tweek the age old bugaboo). Read up on this well visited phenominom and it seems that the explanation that this is occuring for legitimate commercial reason. Doing this will make everyone happy and thus be more fair AND sell more product. As if a mixed race gay couple will make me go buy shampoo.

There. I said it,

They have every right to do so, my issue with this and it might be off base is they are elevating a significant minority of the American demographic to a place that I'm not sure it ought to be.

I understand the catering to and support of those minorities and they have been crushed in the public consciousness for a long time but this seems to jump the shark in the same way Gay Pride days, parades and celebrations do.

I get that you had your heads caved in for years. You are free now to live your lives as you see fit. I see no reason to pound your chest screaming I'm this or that.

Had a friend post on facebook saying that she doesn't like how people think of her about the way she acts on facebook. She is one of those who doesn't like people who have the opposite political opinions of her posting on her facebook. She will delete comments that she doesn't like and say "no debating" on posts. I was frank with her and said that when she censors her friends on there , that isn't a good read on her and that people won't agree with her on everything and as long as they are not calling people names and being offensive, it isn't that bad.

Had a friend post on facebook saying that she doesn't like how people think of her about the way she acts on facebook. She is one of those who doesn't like people who have the opposite political opinions of her posting on her facebook. She will delete comments that she doesn't like and say "no debating" on posts. I was frank with her and said that when she censors her friends on there , that isn't a good read on her and that people won't agree with her on everything and as long as they are not calling people names and being offensive, it isn't that bad.
Has she disappeared you yet?

Back