Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

Has she disappeared you yet?
We have been friends (minus a short time she defriended me a few years ago) for a a while now. BTW, here is screen shots of her post. My response is the second one. She actually "liked" my response. She likes to post things to get attention is my thinking. She also takes things way too personal. Of course her mom (I didn't screen shot it) said to the lines of, "you're always right, just ignore them".

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 17
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
Peeve du jour

May as well go forward and leap into the eternal furnace of anti politically correct on every which way Front.

To be fair, there are some commercials acted by white actors with no imbedded political message (well. apart from the obvious white racism). But product after product peopled by Gay couples, plain old fashioned women only, Black Actors, Mixed race couples (seemingly mostly Black male paired to white female - perhaps to intentionally tweek the age old bugaboo). Read up on this well visited phenominom and it seems that the explanation that this is occuring for legitimate commercial reason. Doing this will make everyone happy and thus be more fair AND sell more product. As if a mixed race gay couple will make me go buy shampoo.

There. I said it,

And I agree with you. It is beyond ridiculous. It is "virtue" signaling, plain and simple.

We have been friends (minus a short time she defriended me a few years ago) for a a while now. BTW, here is screen shots of her post. My response is the second one. She actually "liked" my response. She likes to post things to get attention is my thinking. She also takes things way too personal. Of course her mom (I didn't screen shot it) said to the lines of, "you're always right, just ignore them".
UPDATE: She deleted the whole post, which is very common for her when she doesn't get the responses she wants.

twisty turny road, lots of blind curves and hills one lane each way, 45 mph speed limit. so naturally, 2 bicyclists riding along at quite a leisurely pace SIDE BY SIDE in the one lane almost cause an accident.🤬🤬🤬🤬 then another one runs a stop sign. also, i can count on one hand the amount of them who signal. WE HAVE MILESANDMILESANDMILES of gorgeous parks in our county. GO.THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP RIDING 10-25 MPH ON COUNTRY ROADS WITH TWISTS,TURNS, HILLS, ONE LANE EACH WAY, WILD ANIMALS DARTING OUT IN THE ROAD FREQUENTLY AND 45+MPH SPEED LIMITS!!!!!!
No need whatsoever to be riding on roads & I don’t.

Anything news related should be free...most places have Adsense or other advertisers on their sites.

Don't care where they generate their income, content creators of any type have the absolute right to charge anything they want in whatever form they wish. We have the right not to pay it. So I disagree on principle.

I pay for several wonderful news services such as the Wall Street Journal and the incredible Athletic and The Objective Stand and others. I pay for my TV subscriptions to have the content I want delivered to me including all sports, I pirate none of it because it is just to pay those of value to you in the manner they choose. The depth of understanding, knowledge, and perspective on those sites is without question worth a couple of bucks a month. And those that created the content deserve to be paid whatever anyone would willingly pay for their services. It's how the just market works.

Don't care where they generate their income, content creators of any type have the absolute right to charge anything they want in whatever form they wish. We have the right not to pay it. So I disagree on principle.

I pay for several wonderful news services such as the Wall Street Journal and the incredible Athletic and The Objective Stand and others. I pay for my TV subscriptions to have the content I want delivered to me including all sports, I pirate none of it because it is just to pay those of value to you in the manner they choose. The depth of understanding, knowledge, and perspective on those sites is without question worth a couple of bucks a month. And those that created the content deserve to be paid whatever anyone would willingly pay for their services. It's how the just market works.
Disagreed

Disagreed

I'm very sorry you do. You asking for the unearned in a big way. Why does your want of content supersede the content creator's just compensation?

I am a content creator and just like when I ran my painting company for many years I deserve to be paid for it. The method of my payment is my choice, yours is to not pay it. Simple as that really.

Have posted this before and it doesn't get any more clear, rational, or just than this. Learn it, embrace it, and live I've it.

It's the only way to fly in man's soul, his dealings with his fellow man, and in any free nation.

83146340_280919706652298_6656842124796038279_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very sorry you do. You asking for the unearned in a big way. Why does your want of content supersede the content creator's just compensation?

I am a content creator and just like when I ran my painting company for many years I deserve to be paid for it. The method of my payment is my choice, yours is to not pay it. Simple as that really.

Have posted this before and it doesn't get any more clear, rational, or just than this. Learn it, embrace it, and live I've it.

It's the only way to fly in man's soul, his dealings with his fellow man, and in any free nation.

View attachment 6173

Do you know that you can make a LOT of $$$$$$ with blogs with using the very things that I just said? Adsense (or some other ad network), affiliate marketing offers that match your target market, and, joint ventures with other marketers? You can also get paid sponsors as well.

You'really overlooking the opportunities...

Do you know that you can make a LOT of $$$$$$ with blogs with using the very things that I just said? Adsense (or some other ad network), affiliate marketing offers that match your target market, and, joint ventures with other marketers? You can also get paid sponsors as well.

You'really overlooking the opportunities...

I am overlooking very little. I know where my financial bread is buttered and some of it is what you mentioned but the biggest part is for that which I provide as a content provider from a number of places.

I think you may be missing the principle here.

Trading value for value is essential to all of us.

Agree to disagree. So does The Chive, Barstool Sports, ProFootballTalk, and another few thousand other super blogs. Some have got bought out for huge $$$$$...if they had a paywall, they wouldn't be nearly as successful. Fact.

Agree to disagree. So does The Chive, Barstool Sports, ProFootballTalk, and another few thousand other super blogs. Some have got bought out for huge $$$$$...if they had a paywall, they wouldn't be nearly as successful. Fact.

Funny, the WSJ, The Athletic, and The Objective Standard, a couple that I write for, ( not the Athletic, although I do have an interesting story about that) are doing quite well.

Yes, there are other ways of going about it and the whole point is if you don't want to pay for a paywall or donate to a site through Patreon or whatever, then just don't. I find it quite unreasonable;e to cave heads in cuz you want free stuff.

You didn't address my point about the content creators and their providers charging for services delivering what we want to our TVs? Do you think they should not be paid? I can only assume your answer is no as you answered with a singular world and your take on Adsense and stuff leads me to the conclusion that you feel the same way about media companies that have commercials.

I don't think you are seeing the forest for your wanted trees. The principle is clear. Trade value for value or not at all. That is entirely up to you.

Funny, the WSJ, The Athletic, and The Objective Standard, a couple that I write for, ( not the Athletic, although I do have an interesting story about that) are doing quite well.

Yes, there are other ways of going about it and the whole point is if you don't want to pay for a paywall or donate to a site through Patreon or whatever, then just don't. I find it quite unreasonable;e to cave heads in cuz you want free stuff.

You didn't address my point about the content creators and their providers charging for services delivering what we want to our TVs? Do you think they should not be paid? I can only assume your answer is no as you answered with a singular world and your take on Adsense and stuff leads me to the conclusion that you feel the same way about media companies that have commercials.

I don't think you are seeing the forest for your wanted trees. The principle is clear. Trade value for value or not at all. That is entirely up to you.
You should make your own site...

Sure, some people are willing to pay for the archaic mode of news and opinions...but, to each their own I guess.

You should make your own site...

Sure, some people are willing to pay for the archaic mode of news and opinions...but, to each their own I guess.

I do have my own blog site, my ex-fiance Melissa keeps emploring me to star doing podcasts because as she puts it I have a great with people one on one, have a great presence and voice for it etc.

I am very hesitant to do so as I write and interact under a pseudonym for protection of the people I love and several other reasons.

Back