Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

When ordering/asking for something, I thought it was a blip of a trend, but now it seems to be the most common thing to say:

"Yeah, lemme get..."

Can you BE more rude and entitled? Just once, ai want to hear a service worker respond something like: "yeah, I WILL let you get that. But I'm sure as shit not helping, you arrogant fuck."

today: the bike rider idiot to end all bike rider idiots.
rt 20, major rd in oh lots of traffic, 5 lanes (center turn lane). fire engine pulls out, heads east on rt 20. EVERYBODY DRIVING A CAR STOPS...BUT NOOOOOO NOT MR ELITIST BIKEDOUCHE, HE KEEPS RIDING...THE SAME DIRECTION AS THE FIRE ENGINE WAS GOING..it's hilarious to see these morons wearing masks when they rarely obey actual traffic LAWS.

I am peeved that this thread starts with the word "Official" so I clicked on it and it's not the girlie pic thread.

:bs:

You think she would be interested in a….. how do I put this

Ummmm….. well it involves her, myself and my wife…..

Plant Based. Covers everything from Vegan to hell and back again. The thing is, when I hear it, or see it I hear myself being mocked and criticized. The phrase is so seemingly harmless on the surface but bores into me. Part of the war on the civilized world (and me) against killing that poor chicken. Oh, and plant based cosmetics and planted based everything (from Airplanes to power tools). And then. after I've submitted, I'm, required to go to the store and buy their KaKa. This bitch might miss with a lot of you, but god it annoys me.

Willful ignorance. Doesn't irritate me but my God, wilful ignorance is nothing but blindness writ wholesale and often belies a true systemic flaw in thinking, one of evasion. And nothing good flows from that dry riverbed.

When ordering/asking for something, I thought it was a blip of a trend, but now it seems to be the most common thing to say:

"Yeah, lemme get..."

Can you BE more rude and entitled? Just once, ai want to hear a service worker respond something like: "yeah, I WILL let you get that. But I'm sure as shit not helping, you arrogant fuck."
Opposite side of the coin, too:

Hi, Could I get a plain cheeseburger?

Yeah, no problem....

Why the fuck do I need to be assured it's not a problem??? You job is to get me a Cheese burger.

So you bring me a cheeseburger. I say thank you and you say, sure, no problem,

And what the hell ever happened to I'm welcome?

And while I'm at it, all of you, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Opposite side of the coin, too:

Hi, Could I get a plain cheeseburger?

Yeah, no problem....

Why the fuck do I need to be assured it's not a problem??? You job is to get me a Cheese burger.

So you bring me a cheeseburger. I say thank you and you say, sure, no problem,

And what the hell ever happened to I'm welcome?

And while I'm at it, all of you, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Getting of your lawn, no problem. 😆

costco a week or so ago. lines have been crazy for gas. there are lines of 2 pumps front and back, about 8. i'm at the back pump. the person in front finishes. i gesture to the girl behind me that the person in front of me left if she wants to pull ahead of me. she shakes her head no. some people aren't comfortable pulling around, it's tight quarters. i'd be done soon, pull through, and she'd pull up to the front pump, the person behind her would take my slot. this COMPLETE DOUCHE older guy pulls out from behind her, (not sure how far back he was)pulls in front of me all cockeyed so part of his car was in the passing lane, and proceeds to start fueling, mask on and all. i say, "hey you jumped the line, the car behind me was next." he won't even look at me. i keep asking why he did that etc. no response. then i said," i can't even leave when i'm done because you are partway in the lane." so dickface finally looks at me and says, "if you knew how to drive you could." and thennn...i was like oh HELLLLLLLLLL NO....i started SCREAMING at him, saying he was the one who didn't know how to drive because HE was partly in the other lane, he is rude, etc. and his dumbass, placid, masked cud chewing ass just sat there. meanwhile...HE was also standing in the lane to pass. i said, "you better get the fuck out of that lane NOW so i can leave". i mother fucked him the whole way by. he's the kind of asshole that if he ever had a job(i doubt he has)you would hate being in his department because he would do whatever the fuck he wanted and everyone else would have to do his work. he'd make more money than you, and he'd never be fired. he had an overweening "let them eat cake" ENTITLED INSOLENCE about him that people decry in the ruling class, but certain people not in ivory towers also have. it enrages and revolts me.

costco a week or so ago. lines have been crazy for gas. there are lines of 2 pumps front and back, about 8. i'm at the back pump. the person in front finishes. i gesture to the girl behind me that the person in front of me left if she wants to pull ahead of me. she shakes her head no. some people aren't comfortable pulling around, it's tight quarters. i'd be done soon, pull through, and she'd pull up to the front pump, the person behind her would take my slot. this COMPLETE DOUCHE older guy pulls out from behind her, (not sure how far back he was)pulls in front of me all cockeyed so part of his car was in the passing lane, and proceeds to start fueling, mask on and all. i say, "hey you jumped the line, the car behind me was next." he won't even look at me. i keep asking why he did that etc. no response. then i said," i can't even leave when i'm done because you are partway in the lane." so dickface finally looks at me and says, "if you knew how to drive you could." and thennn...i was like oh HELLLLLLLLLL NO....i started SCREAMING at him, saying he was the one who didn't know how to drive because HE was partly in the other lane, he is rude, etc. and his dumbass, placid, masked cud chewing ass just sat there. meanwhile...HE was also standing in the lane to pass. i said, "you better get the fuck out of that lane NOW so i can leave". i mother fucked him the whole way by. he's the kind of asshole that if he ever had a job(i doubt he has)you would hate being in his department because he would do whatever the fuck he wanted and everyone else would have to do his work. he'd make more money than you, and he'd never be fired. he had an overweening "let them eat cake" ENTITLED INSOLENCE about him that people decry in the ruling class, but certain people not in ivory towers also have. it enrages and revolts me.

Glad to see you have been able to move past this. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. I go to Sam's Club and the level of anxiety and tenseness amongst the long lines is already off the charts. Then you get a douche bag like the one you encountered and it triples.

There are two older gentlemen that work the pumps at my Sam's that I am friendly with. One is a Vietnam Vet and he always comes and says hello when he sees me. I wear patriotic t-shirts all summer and I have a flag sticker on the back of my Wrangler. I usually fill all the cars in our house because I am the member and it is much cheaper there so he sees me a lot. He feels comfortable. He is thinking of quitting. He can't really afford it, but he is really stressed out as there have been confrontations amongst people at the pumps.

I witnessed one a couple of weeks ago when prices were over $5/gal. Someone shouted "Let's Go Brandon!" and someone else responded with "Fuck Joe Biden!" and it went back and forth a few times until a younger guy (23-26?) started screaming "fuck you!" at the top of his lungs. That was fine until he got in the face of a man (my age I would guess, 54) and told him to STFU. The guy (my age) dropped him like a hot rock with a left and sat on his chest. He stayed there until police arrived a quick minute later. They were both hand cuffed and I left.

Mr. Tony (the attendant/Vet) told me the last time I was there they ended up only arresting the younger guy because he was unruly with the police when they tried to get him to settle down.

Lines are often 10-15 cars long at the 16 pumps there.

Last edited:
huh, i wonder why they were all 3 pissed off but only one wound up being unruly with police? never could have predicted that one...🙄

today...costco...again(this costco is the worst customer wise, but closest to me unfortunately). i'm backing out of my space, halfway out. some lady with her cart is walking towards my car. she stops, i finish pulling out. she starts shouting, "you're welcome!!" over and over, giving me a nasty look. i yelled back that i wasn't aware people walking towards a car that was backing out had the right of way. unfortunately, i didn't have my windows down all the way so not sure she heard. douchebag. city pedestrians almost ALWAYS think the have the right of way. oh, and this is one of the most mask wearingest stores around. 🤔

Back