Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

TBrownslady

BINGO!
Reaction score
I don't think there is one of these but I thought I would start :)

I eat lunch at my desk the intern guy thing that sits next to me is ALWAYS trying to start conversation with me while I'm eating. I hate people watching me eat never mind that he talks soft and I have bad hearing so most of the time I can't even hear him and am always saying what? then if he still wants to talk but I am clearly giving short answers and hinting that I'm done he sits and stares at me. :banghead:

So one of my pet peeves people staring at me while I eat.

My online pet peeve is people who can't seem to understand the difference between loser and looser. To illustrate the difference, I have prepared the following two sentences:

1. "Your Daddy is a loser."
  2. "Your Mama is looser than a ten-dollar hooker during Fleet Week."
:fire:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people not knowing how to drive. Example I am leaving work today and i back out of my space and a guy is in the lane and he backs up i beep he still backs up. I had to pull into another space fast so he wouldn't hit me!!! I was like uhmmm pay attention and he just smiles at me:mad:

Sammy Morris and I agree:

sammy morris ‏<s>@</s>themorris23 Why is it called "common" courtesy when it is sooo "un-common"? ‪<s>#</s>stopleavingurshoppingcartsintheparkinglot

CKL ‏<s>@</s>CKL94

<s>@</s>themorris23 That is my one of my TOP pet peeves. I yell at those people.‪<s>#</s>cartleavingmofos

sammy morris retweeted you

I hate the non blinker peeps too.

ALSO...I HATE when I'm in line and there's a new register opening and they say they will take the next person in line and THE PEOPLE BEHIND ME run over there.

My online pet peeve is people who can't seem to understand the difference between loser and looser. To illustrate the difference, I have prepared the following two sentences:

1. "Your Daddy is a loser."
  2. "Your Mama is looser than a ten-dollar hooker during Fleet Week."
:fire:

This is one of mine too, along with too and to

One of my biggest pet peeves is losing to Eli Manning in a Super Bowl..... twice.

HSanders said:
Sammy Morris and I agree:

sammy morris ‏<s>@</s>themorris23 Why is it called "common" courtesy when it is sooo "un-common"? ‪<s>#</s>stopleavingurshoppingcartsintheparkinglot‬

CKL ‏<s>@</s>CKL94

<s>@</s>themorris23 That is my one of my TOP pet peeves. I yell at those people.‪<s>#</s>cartleavingmofos

sammy morris retweeted you

I hate the non blinker peeps too.

ALSO...I HATE when I'm in line and there's a new register opening and they say they will take the next person in line and THE PEOPLE BEHIND ME run over there.

I hate that when I worked retail I would actually yell loudly while looking at the next person in line to come over to my register. You have to emphasize the next

Irregardless.

It's not a word.

Irrespective or regardless are the words you're looking for.

Another is people who don't use blinkers. I'm not a damn mind reader it takes very little effort to click on the blinker just do it!

If I put on my blinkers, you'd know what I'm up to. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Irregardless.

It's not a word.

One of mine also. John Clayton a/k/a (ironically) "The Professor" used irregardless on air three times in two days several years back. I've not heard it from him since so I'm presuming someone smacked him upside the head.

Another of mine is one I've mentioned before with little resonance from the crowd. But it drives me nuts. This voice recording:

Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered in the order it was received.

This apparently sounds correct to most people but it isn't. And it makes my head hurt.

Correct is either:

Your call will be answered in the order received.

or

Your call will be answered in the order in which it was received.

Cheers, BostonTim

Threads with subject lines that start with "Official". It's like saying the regular pet peeve thread is not as important. I was reading this on my cell phone while driving and ended up hitting the looser in front me. Irregardless, what makes a thread so dang official anyway?

One of mine also. John Clayton a/k/a (ironically) "The Professor" used irregardless on air three times in two days several years back. I've not heard it from him since so I'm presuming someone smacked him upside the head.
Well that same person needs to smack him for saying "ALSO TOO" constantly.
IT.
DRIVES.
ME.
BONKERS.

And the next person I see using the word "momentarily" correctly will be the first.

People acting like its their first time ever ordering through a drive through. You're not decoding nuclear secrets up there....just get a damn cheeseburger and be done with it already!
Posted via Mobile Device

People who take their time getting on to the train at rush hour, so they can take 30 seconds to look around for a suitable place to sit. Trains run to tight schedules and will sometimes leave if commuters take too long to get on.It's happened to me twice.

I don't bother being polite anymore. During a recent "near-miss", I pushed on and said (in my Northern accent- all guttural short vowels) "For f***'s sake. What the f*** is wrong with people around here?". I think the intended recipient got the point. :grrr:

I don't think there is one of these but I thought I would start :)

I eat lunch at my desk the intern guy thing that sits next to me is ALWAYS trying to start conversation with me while I'm eating. I hate people watching me eat never mind that he talks soft and I have bad hearing so most of the time I can't even hear him and am always saying what? then if he still wants to talk but I am clearly giving short answers and hinting that I'm done he sits and stares at me. :banghead:

So one of my pet peeves people staring at me while I eat.

While holding your food in your hand, stare back. See who blinks first.

Irregardless.

It's not a word.

I had a friend who was bothered by this, so naturally I used it all the time. So much so it became part of my normal conversation.

Irregardless of that, I see your point.

People who post in the wrong forum. I'm like, take a deeeeep breath before you post.

There is a football forum.
There is a forum for other sports.
There is a forum for general banter (3RC).

How difficult is it?

Back