Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

People who take their time getting on to the train at rush hour, so they can take 30 seconds to look around for a suitable place to sit. Trains run to tight schedules and will sometimes leave if commuters take too long to get on.It's happened to me twice.

I don't bother being polite anymore. During a recent "near-miss", I pushed on and said (in my Northern accent- all guttural short vowels) "For f***'s sake. What the f*** is wrong with people around here?". I think the intended recipient got the point. :grrr:

Or how about the pinheads that try to get on the elevator before the people get off.

Another thing that gets me are the tools on airplanes who have to make that phone call to the office to "check in" the instant the flight attendant says you can use your cell phones.

Do these people really think that the universe has screeched to a halt for the 1 - 2 hour period they couldn't be reached? That without their brilliant guidance their company has lost 200 points in the market and only by them calling in can humanity be saved?

Or stop signs.

How come it takes ten times as long for someone to decide to go if there is no one else at the intersection compared to another car being there?

I mean if no one's there, do they have to scan for cloaked Romulans?

url

Uh, yeah. This. I blame Jaric.

Oh yeah. It's his fault for sure. But, in defense of that thread, it's really a Good Morning! :wave: :coffee: thread.

And Happy Caturday!

It has more function than just rephoing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah. It's his fault for sure. But, in defense of that thread, it's really a Good Morning! :wave: :coffee: thread.

And Happy Caturday!

It has more function than just rephoing.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know. And I'm fine with it. But you used to earn rep. And it saddens me a little when I realize that back in the day, my four lousy gold stars would have meant something (mostly what it would have meant was I was wasting my life on the interwebz)..

Cheers, BostonTim

Or stop signs.

How come it takes ten times as long for someone to decide to go if there is no one else at the intersection compared to another car being there?

I mean if no one's there, do they have to scan for cloaked Romulans?

I hate when I'm stopped setting a pick for someone and they look beyond me in terror for the invisible car they must believe is gonna somehow appear.

Old people looking for a address tend to annoy me....

I know. And I'm fine with it. But you used to earn rep. And it saddens me a little when I realize that back in the day, my four lousy gold stars would have meant something (mostly what it would have meant was I was wasting my life on the interwebz)..

Cheers, BostonTim
Tim, what would make you happy? Should we close our thread and give up any rep points awarded to us? It seems that this board is what we make of it and anyone who takes the stars seriously needs a reality adjustment. Whatever.:facepalm::Fart:

Since this is more of a b*tch thread, I have a boatload. I'll just start with a couple.

People that don't say "thank you" when I hold the door for them.

People that keep you waiting while I'm holding the door for them.

People that think their toddlers are god's gift to humanity and refuse to reprimand them when they're annoying someone else...namely, me.

People that reprimand their kids by "singing" the reprimand instead of using a stern voice. Kids are like puppies, people!!! They respond to tone.

People that bring their whiny little brats to a nice restaurant on a Saturday night, when it's date night, my time out with my hub paying for an expensive meal and trying to relax after a hard week, and their kids are running around, screaming, whining, crying, and just being brats. Get a friggin babysitter, you cheap bastids. I don't think your kids are that effin cute.

People that drive 55 in the left lane of the highway and won't move over.

People that drive 35 in the right lane of the highway when they know I can't get around them cuz I'm boxed in.

People that come close to a full stop to take a turn...and THEN signal.

Hypocrites.

Two-faced backstabbers.

Martyrs.

Entitled people.

Lazy kids with no work ethic that get an after-school or summer job but spend half their time texting and keep you waiting to get your goddam coffee or whatever.

I'm on a roll, people. See what you started, Kat?

Parents that have obese kids and feed them shit like fried dough and gallon slurpies or KFC and McDonald's.

Okay, I'm taking a break. I worked myself up here.

:coffee:

Since this is more of a b*tch thread, I have a boatload. I'll just start with a couple.

People that don't say "thank you" when I hold the door for them.

People that keep you waiting while I'm holding the door for them.

People that think their toddlers are god's gift to humanity and refuse to reprimand them when they're annoying someone else...namely, me.

People that reprimand their kids by "singing" the reprimand instead of using a stern voice. Kids are like puppies, people!!! They respond to tone.

People that bring their whiny little brats to a nice restaurant on a Saturday night, when it's date night, my time out with my hub paying for an expensive meal and trying to relax after a hard week, and their kids are running around, screaming, whining, crying, and just being brats. Get a friggin babysitter, you cheap bastids. I don't think your kids are that effin cute.

People that drive 55 in the left lane of the highway and won't move over.

People that drive 35 in the right lane of the highway when they know I can't get around them cuz I'm boxed in.

People that come close to a full stop to take a turn...and THEN signal.

Hypocrites.

Two-faced backstabbers.

Martyrs.

Entitled people.

Lazy kids with no work ethic that get an after-school or summer job but spend half their time texting and keep you waiting to get your goddam coffee or whatever.

I'm on a roll, people. See what you started, Kat?

Parents that have obese kids and feed them shit like fried dough and gallon slurpies or KFC and McDonald's.

Okay, I'm taking a break. I worked myself up here.

:coffee:

I :heart: you but am digressing here. Yeah these are annoying.

People who take their shoes off on an airplane then put their foot up on their knee so I can look at "toes" for 6 hours.

Tim, what would make you happy? Should we close our thread and give up any rep points awarded to us? It seems that this board is what we make of it and anyone who takes the stars seriously needs a reality adjustment. Whatever.:facepalm::Fart:

I said I'm fine with it.

I know. And I'm fine with it.

You have x number a day to give out and it's none of my business what you do with them. But I imagine I am entitled to note as others in this thread have) that the meaning of rep (whatever that meaning is or was) has changed as a result of the rep thread. As far as taking it seriously? Let me put it this way. If you give me rep because you think my post was a good one, it pleases me and means that a good guy has given me a nod. I presume when you gave it you did so with a certain amount of seriousness. i. e. you DID in fact like my post. If you give me rep for saying good morning (once a day, every day), however much or little it might mean, that means less.

Cheers, BostonTim

BostonTim said:

Cheers, BostonTim

This. Rep used to be earned. Not a big deal, but it's just something noted .

Number one has to be someone trying to occupy the limited space I am desperate to vacate without allowing me to do so. The elevator as the Surgeon mentioned. I mean....really? Really? You want on this thing. I must get off of it first. Please tell me you understand this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back