Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

People who pass you in the right lane and then cut left in front of you. Extra credit if they don't use turn signal.

One pet peeve is really bad comics. Some bad ones don't bother me, but some annoy the crap out of me.

Another is karaoke.

Oh please I hate it. Me and a buddy got tossed out of a bar for mocking karaoke singers. It was epic. We were howling like coyotes, shit like that. I've seen a few people that actually were really good. Like maybe 4 or 5.

People who pass you in the right lane and then cut left in front of you. Extra credit if they don't use turn signal.

Move over like you're supposed to and it's not an issue. :shrug:

It's actually illegal to "dawdle" in the left lane and Mass troopers were cracking down on it earlier this year.

It's actually illegal to "dawdle" in the left lane and Mass troopers were cracking down on it earlier this year.

Not talking dawdling in passing lane. Traveling center lanes on the interstate. But people do it at traffic lights too.

Not even hot links? :coffee:

For you, recent birthday boy, the special hot links:

bacon-wrapped-hot-links.jpg

Welcome to Massachusetts, it's not for the faint hearted.

No thanks.

Anytime we fly into Boston we make sure we get there early in the morning since I don't know the roads around Beantown very good. First time we flew and landed there in the late afternoon I about had a coronary trying to avoid getting hit.

Seattle can be just as bad, only you have semis right on your ass going 80 mph.

Exactly. Don't hang out in the left hand lane! I drive about 50,000 miles a year and that just drives me crazy. And use a damn turn signal, please!

Using turn signals is a sign of weakness.

:coffee:

This. Speaking as a former Boston Cabbie (all through law school), I have to ask "what in the wide world of sports" would possess anyone to let them know what you're up to? :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Speaking of which, how is the new cah? Still happy with the choice?

So far, so good. It's only been 6 weeks and 1700 miles, but nothing to complain about at this point. I'm still figuring out all the technology features.

Morons in the far lane who suddenly 'wake up' at their exit and push their way across all lanes to the exit - and since the exit waiting line is about a 1/2 + mi. long and no one is going to let this moron in, said moron is also now blocking a lane of traffic.

Gina

One of my pet peeves is "tear here" packaging.

I'm not stupid and my fingers work fine, but more than half the time I either need to find scissors or the damn thing tears too far and there is not enough plastic to grab onto. It's a national scandal that needs to be investigated. Cheese seems to be the worst culprit.

These failed attempts to open a simple plastic bag fill me with brief feelings of inadequacy, like there is some arthritic, elderly person somewhere that just rips it perfectly and then thinks: "Thank God for these easy-to-open packages".

speaking of bags that do not open, grocery store plastic bags for produce..I hate those things.

and while in the supermarket I will complain about the dope bagging the groceries who screws up and puts the can goods on the bread. I take my time and place heavy stuff on the conveyer belt 1st so bag that stuff up and stop bruising my tomahtoes!!!

speaking of bags that do not open, grocery store plastic bags for produce..I hate those things.

and while in the supermarket I will complain about the dope bagging the groceries who screws up and puts the can goods on the bread. I take my time and place heavy stuff on the conveyer belt 1st so bag that stuff up and stop bruising my tomahtoes!!!

The wife has been known to go back into the store and point out this faux pas. It irritates the hell out of her.

Back