Official review on NFL network now.

Tiberian

Reaction score
Actually not right now. It's next, or coming up soon. But they're going to go over 5 calls from last weekend with the head of officiating, and 2 of them are the Champ Bailey INT and Samuel PI call. I'll post back what he says, but if anyone wants to Tivo it, get ready.

lol, well it's right now. I gave you about 2 secs notice, so I guess I'll be posting back.

The Bailey INT he says it's pretty inconclusive. He's seen it a zillion times since it happened and still isn't sure. There's a camera that's back...and to the left, and it looks like it goes out the endzone. Every other shot looked like it went out the side lines. The head-on shot and opposite field view showed the ball pulling really hard to the left when it left Champ's hands, and it seemed to go out at the 2. Since he was straddling the sidelines, he seemed to think it went out before the goaline, but wasn't able to commit 100% to it either way.

The Samuel INT, well, you guys got screwed. The guys says that what Samuel got called for was the arm bar in the endzone, and that's why the back judge threw the flag. The side judge has to stop at the goal line, and that's where his responsibility ends. Watching the replays, it was obvious the arm bar happened when the ball was well beyond Lelie's reach, but no one mentioned that. The guy wouldn't say the ref was wrong or right, but it seemed pretty obvious he didn't agree with it. He sighed a lot when he had to explain what the ref did, and didn't want to get too technical.

Thanks for the info.

However, it was still the 5 turnovers that cost them the game. Certainly the Samuel INT call didn't help, but overall, the Pats beat themselves.

They did more to lose the game than Denver did to win it.

I hope the Steelers kill 'em.

Tiberian said:
The Bailey INT he says it's pretty inconclusive. He's seen it a zillion times since it happened and still isn't sure. There's a camera that's back...and to the left, and it looks like it goes out the endzone. Every other shot looked like it went out the side lines. The head-on shot and opposite field view showed the ball pulling really hard to the left when it left Champ's hands, and it seemed to go out at the 2. Since he was straddling the sidelines, he seemed to think it went out before the goaline, but wasn't able to commit 100% to it either way.

As a Broncos fan, I agree with Mike Pereira on this one. I've watched the damn thing over and over again, and I just cannot tell; however, someone over on the Broncos forum has decided to try to "prove" that it went out of bounds, rather than through the endzone.

http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB.htm

The quality isn't all that great, so I'm not expecting you guys to be floored, but you can make out the ball to the left of the pylon. I'd hardly call this conclusive, though.

The PI call was crap, though.

So Bailey "was tired", but big fat number 61 is chugging along like the enegizer bunny.......

PatPatriot said:
So Bailey "was tired", but big fat number 61 is chugging along like the enegizer bunny.......

I find this to be amusing, as well. I could argue that Bailey was in the endzone, made a leaping INT, raced down the field and avoided a tackler, which is why he was winded, whereas Watson just had to run. I could also argue that he's been suffering from a gimpy hamstring all season, but I doubt any of that would convince you. I just wish he would have dove, kind of like what Steve Young did in that infamous 40 yard scramble against the Vikings.

Regardless, hats off to Watson... and 330lb Gerrard Warren, for that matter.

Back