Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Auto

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ottawapatty

Reaction score
Hey all,

It is here, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, I have started a free league, PLEASE join and have some fun,

This is to confirm that you've created the Custom League named Pats Planet Offseason Killer and the team called Aces in that league.

To allow other managers to join your league, send them the League ID# and Password. In your case, the ID# is 20847 and the Password is nflchamps.

I currently have the LIVE Draft set-up for Tue Mar 2nd @ 1:45pm EST . However, if interest dictacts we can set up a automatic draft for the Monday (or sometime) so we can start wheeling and dealing ASAP. I have attached a poll. The deadline to join will be Saturday at Midnight and at that time the poll will say wheter we do the live or auto draft. Remember you can pre-rank your live draft if you aren't going to be there.

Let me know if there are any more concerns.

Matt

I'm there - Needles of Doom in the house.....:D

I probably won't be able to make a live draft, as I'll be at work - but I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll just pre-rank and hope for the best.

With only 20 teams availible it is looking like Live Draft will win over!

Ottawapatty said:

This is to confirm that you've created the Custom League named Pats Planet Offseason Killer and the team called Aces in that league.

I currently have the LIVE Draft set-up for Tue Mar 2nd @ 1:45pm EST .

Great idea! I'll join, once I figure out where it is. I would be in favor of a live draft sooner than March 2. Why not hold it this Saturday 2-21-04 at 2PM EST and anyone here can post their conflicts? Sound like a plan?

>>Can someone pls. post a link?<<

Trust me I REALLY wanted the live draft soon, however, the earlies availible spot is the one I got, I think you can do automatic drafts for this weekend, but only the pay leagues offer early drafts and that is still Tuesday at the earliest! It sucks, but I guess they need to get things ready. At least it gives us another reason to pay attention during spring training.

Matt

march 2 is good, it atleast gives them a week of training to see if anyone might get injuries

Re: Re: Offseason Fantasy Baseball League

NoRespect said:
Great idea! I'll join, once I figure out where it is. I would be in favor of a live draft sooner than March 2. Why not hold it this Saturday 2-21-04 at 2PM EST and anyone here can post their conflicts? Sound like a plan?

>>Can someone pls. post a link?<<

Ottowa already posted the link - but I'm with you - a weekend would be preferable to me too.....

chowder35 said:
march 2 is good, it atleast gives them a week of training to see if anyone might get injuries

"cough"Ken Griffey Jr. blowing a bubble tears both quads, sprains his wrist and punctures a lung"cough"

Sorry the weekends were the first to go, despite the fact I was on there about 20 mins after the sport was published this morning they were all gone, I may be able to make it later though let me check.

Matt

P.S. Update: Sorry only earlier times availible!

NoRespect said:
I'm confused, this is my first fantasy team. (also not a Yahoo user). What is the first thing we have to do? Create a Yahoo ID? Does that end up being our team name? The link didn't work because I'm not in the league yet. I think this is the one to register.
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

Hey, yeah register w/ yahoo first

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_r...0&.u=eb971h503754h&partner=&.p=&promo=&.last=

then visit

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_r...0&.u=eb971h503754h&partner=&.p=&promo=&.last=

Choose a Custom League and use the League ID and Password when promted

If this doesn't work email or PM me!

NoRespect said:
I'm confused, this is my first fantasy team. (also not a Yahoo user). What is the first thing we have to do? Create a Yahoo ID? Does that end up being our team name? The link didn't work because I'm not in the league yet. I think this is the one to register.
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

Hey NR - yep, you got 'er (the link, that is). Yes, first you must create a Yahoo ID (this is not your team name - you can choose that when you sign up for the league).

That should get you going, I do believe.

Not bad 5 teams in the first couple of hours! What do you think the max number of teams should be?

The number who wish to play? I haven't done this before so what are the issues? I thought the maximum was 20...

Currently the Max is 20 and that can work, sometimes players like to have fewer teams so there is more talent, personally I like having to choose between Coco Crisp and Brian Roberts for a position. It gives the league a more authentic feel

Back