Oldest Patriots Fan dies

PatriotsFan1980

I am a female so stop assuming that I am a male!
Reaction score

Sad news! The Patriots honored her with her jersey with the number 106 on the jersey last month for her birthday which is cool and nice picture in the article, I am glad she gets to see 6 Superbowl championships, rest in peace Myrtle!

Damn, 106! Probably find out she had a Manhattan every afternoon or something.

(and here I was, ready to crack a joke about RG firing off his final round... :shrug-n: )

And they used to say that all that foul air coming from the paper mills in the Rumford-Mexico area would kill you. Myrtle probably inhaled that air every day for the first 75 years of her life.
RIP Myrtle.

And they used to say that all that foul air coming from the paper mills in the Rumford-Mexico area would kill you. Myrtle probably inhaled that air every day for the first 75 years of her life.
RIP Myrtle.
shit...we had SD Warren over in Westbrook. If the wind was right you could smell these guys all the way to Cape Elizabeth.

shit...we had SD Warren over in Westbrook. If the wind was right you could smell these guys all the way to Cape Elizabeth.
Oh yes, I remember that clearly. I also remember my very first varsity football game when I was a sophomore, was at Rumford. They were class A at the time.10 miles outside the city we put the windows of the bus up because of the smell. Talk about a home field advantage.:lol:

Oh yes, I remember that clearly. I also remember my very first varsity football game when I was a sophomore, was at Rumford. They were class A at the time.10 miles outside the city we put the windows of the bus up because of the smell. Talk about a home field advantage.:lol:

I will never forget my first trip through Rumford. I didn't have any idea what that smell was but I thought it amazing that anybody could learn to live with it.

If anybody knows why the process of turning sweet-smelling trees into paper smells that bad then I'd be interested in learning.

Oh, and RIP Myrtle. She was 44 years old when the Patriots franchise began.

Worked at a paper mill in upstate New York in the early nineties. Had a Pontiac Firebird with the hatch-roof. In the summer would drive to work with the top off.

Will never forget the first time I drove to work when they were making phenolic grades of paper. Got the smell about six miles from the mill. From then on would check with the mill superintendent to see what days I should keep the hatches on the car.

Worked at a paper mill in upstate New York in the early nineties. Had a Pontiac Firebird with the hatch-roof. In the summer would drive to work with the top off.

Will never forget the first time I drove to work when they were making phenolic grades of paper. Got the smell about six miles from the mill. From then on would check with the mill superintendent to see what days I should keep the hatches on the car.
I looked that up...sounds as bad as the process of meth.

I will never forget my first trip through Rumford. I didn't have any idea what that smell was but I thought it amazing that anybody could learn to live with it.

If anybody knows why the process of turning sweet-smelling trees into paper smells that bad then I'd be interested in learning.

Oh, and RIP Myrtle. She was 44 years old when the Patriots franchise began.
Better living through chemistry...or something.

Back