On the agony and the angst

It's been said by others in other threads ... if the Patriots D could learn to consistently get off the field when their opponents are facing a 3rd and 7+, this here Lombardi Trophy would be a stone-cold lock. :Lecture:

I said if you read the thread, that on the intellectual level I knew it was over at 14-3 after the 98 yard Nutkick

Fans, even long time fans, even good fans, even diehards, all react differently. You may or may not find out as you are nearing 70 that you get the yips a bit more. You may find that 3 footer not quite as automatic.

Say anything you want, but these Pats have made a lot of fans twitch by missing chances to seal the deal. That's a fact.

With that, not sure what else there is to say.

Cheers, BostonTim

Tim, I believe that I 'get' your angst, but maybe this is because we have both watched the Pats since their beginning ?

Gina

After the opening drive score, I never felt the game was in danger. I know it was a game thoughout, but I just didn't feel much concern. I saw a return to the offense from the 1st half of the season and it was clear that the defensive game plan was bend, don't break.

Man, was it ever.

I don't know how many blitzes were called, but I only saw a handful. It was a slowly collapsing pocket all night to try and contain Smith from taking off and the DBs tried to keep everybody in front of them and minimize any YAC -- which was effective, imo.

Just once I'd like to see us go for the jugular.

I love W's and we get plenty of them, but my hopes for a more disruptive and dictating style of D this season didn't pan out.

If our D had a nickname it might be the "Fudgehammer".

Man, was it ever.

I don't know how many blitzes were called, but I only saw a handful. It was a slowly collapsing pocket all night to try and contain Smith from taking off and the DBs tried to keep everybody in front of them and minimize any YAC -- which was effective, imo.

I love W's and we get plenty of them, but my hopes for a more disruptive and dictating style of D this season didn't pan out.

There will be no need to contain Manninhgh. Just sayin...

It was the first game in ages where I was relaxed from an early point. Those two early KC timeouts really set the tone for KC. The O line being a shitload better obviously helped, because Brady could actually step into his throws.

Man, was it ever.

you should probably be careful leaving words like this laying around where piggy can get a hold of them...

...but, in the essence of this thread, after the first drive, I had no doubt in my mind at all that the Pats would win this game. I saw enough there to tell me that they would be able to do whatever they needed to at any point to put this one away.

After the back and forth of trading TDs for FGs, I felt the game was well under control. I wish they could do a better job of closing it out, though. They shouldn't get a chance at an onsides kick to tie it up. I'm sure we all would all prefer JC playing human victory cigar instead.

Back