one thing i dont get

HomelessJoe

Unknown User
Reaction score
ive heard some people criticize the pats for keeping their starters in late in blowouts, needlessly risking injury to them.

but as i recall our opponents have done the same, risking their starters to injury despite having no chance of winning late in games.

why is it accepted to risk injury when you're on the losing end of a blowout?

Because to take them out is basically throwing in the towel and saying "we give up. We will now bend over and be your bitches."

SteelerFan87 on 10-31-2007 at 10:00 PM said:
Because to take them out is basically throwing in the towel and saying "we give up. We will now bend over and be your bitches."

what if jason campbell gets injured on that touchdown drive with less than 4 minutes in the 4th quarter? does joe gibbs get criticized for leaving him in?

i just don't get why BB gets criticized for leaving his starters in when the other team is doing the same.

HomelessJoe* on 10-31-2007 at 10:18 PM said:

i just don't get why BB gets criticized for leaving his starters in when the other team is doing the same.
I'm a simpleton, errrrr, a simple man and even I've figured out all this sports-reporting shillyshallying about running up scores and leaving starters in too long they might get taken out in revenge by the other team BS

the press has sized up the Patriots to be a significant bet to go 19-0 and with no tangible info/story line accommodations/loose lipped players, coaches and Patriots Management to feed the daily beast --- they are inventing sh!t up to yammer about

feeds the tension which creates fan anxiety which demands more news be created

dammit your gonna get stories whether they mean anything or not so help them Gawd

HomelessJoe* on 10-31-2007 at 10:18 PM said:
what if jason campbell gets injured on that touchdown drive with less than 4 minutes in the 4th quarter? does joe gibbs get criticized for leaving him in?

SteelerFan87 on 10-31-2007 at 10:28 PM said:
Could you repeat that please?

o:)

so saying we are not your bitch by leaving them in is OK, but by leaving them in to make them your bitch is not OK

that stutter of yours is beginning to be a problem

the more times you sa-sa-sa-say it the more peeps will notice and then are gonna mayhaps use this quote on you in December

RoadGrader on 10-31-2007 at 10:27 PM said:
I'm a simpleton, errrrr, a simple man and even I've figured out all this sports-reporting shillyshallying about running up scores and leaving starters in too long they might get taken out in revenge by the other team BS

the press has sized up the Patriots to be a significant bet to go 19-0 and with no tangible info/story line accommodations/loose lipped players, coaches and Patriots Management to feed the daily beast --- they are inventing sh!t up to yammer about

feeds the tension which creates fan anxiety which demands more news be created

dammit your gonna get stories whether they mean anything or not so help them Gawd
That a boy RG :thumb: Your the tree that makes us branches

dred on 10-31-2007 at 10:31 PM said:
Could you repeat that please?

o:)

:D

*mikiemo83 on 10-31-2007 at 10:31 PM said:
so saying we are not your bitch by leaving them in is OK, but by leaving them in to make them your bitch is not OK

Yes. If you accept being someone's bitch, that's about as low as you can go. If you try to make someone your bitch, that is frowned upon, in the interests of sportsmanship. There is no honor in embarrassing a defeated opponent, and there is much dishonor in letting yourself be someone's bitch.
:thumb:

RoadGrader on 10-31-2007 at 10:33 PM said:
the more times you sa-sa-sa-say it the more peeps will notice and then are gonna mayhaps use this quote on you in December
Are you saying the Steelers will take out their starters if we're losing? Or are you saying we'll be running up the score on the Pats?
:D

Back