Oops, we ran into some problems

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
An error occurred. Please try again later

Everything I've posted today comes back with this error and it looks like my post didn't go through but if I refresh the page I can see that it actually did post. I don't know if everybody's seeing this or not

It’s been happening to me as well. Posts are duplicating too.

It must be the snow ;)

Here as well. I noticed it last night. The posting does post, you simply have to refresh the page to see it. But there is a bug in the matrix.

Attachments

• abc.png
    abc.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. There was something in the error log about a crashed table in the search index. I have deleted and rebuilding now.

It might take awhile with 2.75 million posts.

A tangent here if you don't mind. How do you like the xenForo software?
It was the best upgrade path in my opinion from vBulletin. A bit over a year ago we were on a very outdated instance of vb3 that had all kinds of security issues. I got us upgraded to vb4, which is very nice, but also woefully outdated.

I started two test sites with all our data imported and ran XF on one and vb5 on the other.

XF was and is far better from an Admin point of view anyway. And much closer to the old vb from a look and feel pov than vb5

Still some challenges, but it seems to be updated often and the security is a lot better.

It was the best upgrade path in my opinion from vBulletin. A bit over a year ago we were on a very outdated instance of vb3 that had all kinds of security issues. I got us upgraded to vb4, which is very nice, but also woefully outdated.

I started two test sites with all our data imported and ran XF on one and vb5 on the other.

XF was and is far better from an Admin point of view anyway. And much closer to the old vb from a look and feel pov than vb5

Still some challenges, but it seems to be updated often and the security is a lot better.
I ran vB for a decade. When Keir and the boys left, that software went into the toilet. vB5 was a joke. I bought the upgrade when it came out but was never able to implement it because of the various issues that it had, and I am assuming it still has to this day. Ran xF on another site when it first came out and what a difference, it was like someone coded the backend like they knew what they were doing.

All software has issues, it's just a matter of what we're willing to put up with I guess. Anyhoo, glad you like it.

UT, now I am wondering if your rebuild resolved my problem of not being able to quote a post.
Anyway whatever happened, i feel normal again...

Back