Opening Night

#1Patsfan_chica

Rodney Harrison Fan Club
Reaction score
Is anybody excited for the Celtics? I can't wait to see the way the young guys play. But I am more excited to see Ricky Davis.
:Celtics:

Benign Despot said:
Do these guys play some kind of sport?

I was thinking soccer, but you would know about that.. :D

But to answer you question chica. NO, I am not excited.

#1Patsfan_chica said:
Is anybody excited for the Celtics? I can't wait to see the way the young guys play. But I am more excited to see Ricky Davis.

I'm kinda excited about the Celtics. I'm actually more anxious to see if Al Jefferson has taken the next step in his development. I'm probably one of the few on this board (and in new england for that matter) that cares more about the C's than I do the Red Slobs. I hate baseball.

#1Patsfan_chica said:

Count me in as someone who is pumped about the Celtics. I think Bird wins another MVP this year and I really like this McHale kid along to go with the acquisition of Robert Parish. Screw Magic, this is the year the Celts beat the Lakers and grab title #14.

Go Celtics!!

#1Patsfan_chica said:
I look at it as if the whole season is part of a developmental league play, hopefully coach plays all the young guys and get them much needed experience

yeah I'm looking forward to it but not waiting impatiently like years ago

Re: Re: Opening Night

Spinal Tap said:
I'm kinda excited about the Celtics. I'm actually more anxious to see if Al Jefferson has taken the next step in his development. I'm probably one of the few on this board (and in new england for that matter) that cares more about the C's than I do the Red Slobs. I hate baseball.
As a sport, I prefer basketball to baseball. As a league, I prefer MLB to the NBA. But I can watch the C's, I can't sit and watch a baseball game.

Re: Re: Opening Night

Spinal Tap said:
I'm probably one of the few on this board that cares more about the C's than I do the Red Slobs. I hate baseball.

I had C's tix back in the 80s. It was great fun and I'd love to see them get back to that level. I couldn't care less about the proffessional baseball team.

Re: Re: Re: Opening Night

joephoto said:
I had C's tix back in the 80s. It was great fun and I'd love to see them get back to that level. I couldn't care less about the proffessional baseball team.
I saw a lot of those games, too. A friend of mine and I saw the triple overtime game when the C's were down 5 with 12 seconds left in regulation and Larry sunk a three at the buzzer to send it to OT.

Honestly, the Celtic fans have no reason to be excited about the NBA. Your best player, Paul Pierce, wants out, and outside of him and Ricky Davis you don't have much. I know you all wanna believe Al Jefferson is the next Karl Malone, but he looks a lot more like the next Zach Randolph, complete with chubby physique.
But yeah, to go from so much history, so many championships, to a team that will struggle to win 35 games. Yeah, I wouldn't be excited about that either.
Ofcourse I'm excited. My Pacers are one of the favorites for the championship. I've got a countdown going right now. T-4:36:54 to my Pacers tipoff. WOOOHOOOO!

Tarzan said:
My Pacers are one of the favorites for the championship. I've got a countdown going right now. T-4:36:54 to my Pacers tipoff. WOOOHOOOO!

Amen brother, amen.

The two teams from the East are going to be Miami and Detroit and that's it. And I know the C's aren't going to win but I'm excited to see the young guys get developed so that in a couple of years they can be a contending team.

Sorry little girl, but neither Miami nor Detroit matter.

Detroit only made the Finals because Indy was decimated and Miami was without Wade for game 6 of the ECF. Provided Indy stays together and the Heat suffer no injuries, they're 1 and 2 in the East. You just can;t replace a HOF coach with FLIP "FRICKIN'" SAUNDERS! and not expect a huge dropoff in play.

I like Detroit's roster and at least they have won the championship and have experience in that department.

Tarzan said:
Detroit only made the Finals because Indy was decimated and Miami was without Wade for game 6 of the ECF. Provided Indy stays together and the Heat suffer no injuries,
Phew. I'm so glad to hear that Indy fans accept injuries as an excuse for losing.

That will be a good consolation to you on Tuesday morning. You'll have a couple of bodies on today's injury report, I'm sure.

Patriots fans, we don't accept injuries as an excuse. You win with who you've got ready to go.

#1Patsfan_chica said:
Is anybody excited for the Celtics?

Well, I was excited . . . until I saw Doc's tie. Is that a clip-on?!?

Sounds like we have some bandwagoneers in here...

Loved the Celtics
Love the Celtics
Period

And what a game tonight.

Indiana? Ha. I just waiting for another highlight of Artest fighting....anybody:confused:

:Celtics: :Celtics: :Celtics: :Celtics: :Celtics: :Celtics:

Back