Phillip wasn't even the 2nd best talent on that show..
Once again the cute white boy will be a wet dream,while the 2nd place girl will be selling records..Heck the Blond that sang with Jordan Sparks was better than Philip... I like his style,but I don't see it translating to massive record sales..

I'll disagree on Phillip. He was clearly the most suited to make his own music IMO.

It's one thing to be a great cover artist. Entirely different to make your own stuff. His song was unique and very good.

Skellington said:
He was hilarious. I think he gained a lot of fans with the way he ragged on the egotistical cowboy in the beginning.

I've come to terms with the fact that that best singers won't always be the winner of American Idol but in most seasons they do find talent that we would have never heard of any other way. American Idol is a popularity contest and there isn't really a way of changing that although I do wish that they would have a vote limit per person/number/computer, etc.

That's a great idea but then they wouldn't get their record breaking number of votes every year :rolleyes:

Also good for him for being hilarious but that's not what an idol needs to be. He just took up space in that top 12. He should of went on americas got talent and did a comedy skit

Also good for him for being hilarious but that's not what an idol needs to be. He just took up space in that top 12. He should of went on americas got talent and did a comedy skit

I totally agree...and would love to see that.

One of my early favorites didn't even make it to the top 12 (I think her name was Jennifer). I was ticked...especially since Deandre made it.

I'll disagree on Phillip. He was clearly the most suited to make his own music IMO.

It's one thing to be a great cover artist. Entirely different to make your own stuff. His song was unique and very good.
He couldn't even carry a tune last night...

If the song Phllips sang last as the song to be released is released in the same tempo, beat and delivery, it will bomb. That song sucked as did the one for Jessica.

If it changes and it was changed by Phillips, then he has a future. If he does nothing to it, meh!

I liked Philip also. He was far from the best, but he was definitely the most original and seemed to be the one that changed up his songs to fit his style the most. I'd love to see him in concert but I'm not sure whether I'd buy his cd.

He couldn't even carry a tune last night...

If the song Phllips sang last as the song to be released is released in the same tempo, beat and delivery, it will bomb. That song sucked as did the one for Jessica.

If it changes and it was changed by Phillips, then he has a future. If he does nothing to it, meh!

Apparently the voting demographic strongly disagreed with you guys.:shrug:

I liked Philip also. He was far from the best, but he was definitely the most original and seemed to be the one that changed up his songs to fit his style the most. I'd love to see him in concert but I'm not sure whether I'd buy his cd.

Agree. Hey, it's not my style of preference. Almost all that emerges from here is bubble gum pop or country. Daughtry is the closest I'd come to buying an album from. And I haven't.

I just think PP is the most original, different sounding, less of a sheer cover act, than the rest. Will he shine? I have no idea. Most don't.

Apparently the voting teenpoppers and the tone deaf strongly disagreed with you guys.:shrug:

Agree. Hey, it's not my style of preference. Almost all that emerges from here is bubble gum pop or country. Daughtry is the closest I'd come to buying an album from. And I haven't.

I just think PP is the most original, different sounding, less of a sheer cover act, than the rest. Will he shine? I have no idea. Most don't.
FYP :coffee:

ROFL :p

So this year seems to have a lot of great talent. Including Angela Miller from Beverly. In case you mused out last week she sang an original song that she wrote and played the piano along with it to continue to the next round. This girl will be big whether with idol or not. I can't seem to Getty over the fact that she looks a lot like Miley Cyrus, luckily she doesn't sound the same lol.

I hate that they have Nikki Minaj as a judge. I can't stand her or her "music". That being said she also isn't afraid to just tell people when they suck. I do love Keith Urban and Mariah being there though.

So this year seems to have a lot of great talent. Including Angela Miller from Beverly. In case you mused out last week she sang an original song that she wrote and played the piano along with it to continue to the next round. This girl will be big whether with idol or not. I can't seem to Getty over the fact that she looks a lot like Miley Cyrus, luckily she doesn't sound the same lol.

I hate that they have Nikki Minaj as a judge. I can't stand her or her "music". That being said she also isn't afraid to just tell people when they suck. I do love Keith Urban and Mariah being there though.

Yes, she is good. And perhaps, for a change, one of the girls has a chance to win.

I like Minaj. She's just odd enough to add some interest. I do like her brutal honesty. It's been missing since Simon left.

I'm indifferent about Mariah. So far, she's just an overstuffed dressed (and in this context, that's not a good thing). I'm not impressed.

Urban is fun. He just comes across as an everyday guy. I don't know his music, but I do know his wife. So I start out with some admiration right there.

Urban lived a hard life, I know some of his music, not enough, but I like him the best of the judges.

the two dizzy dames are too fake

Randy is just the Ringo of the group

The thing with Mariah is we all know that the girl can sing or at least could at one time. I haven't really heard her perform recently.

I like nothing about Minaj but I can tolerate her for this which I didn't think I could.

I think they did great picking out the top 5 from last night. I do like that Teena girl's voice a lot too.

I can't stand either Nikki or Mariah. Nikki talks WAYYYY too much, and this isn't a contest about how someone dresses or does their hair and makeup and she factors that into her comments every single time. She also has zero talent and doesn't deserve to judge others. Mariah is bland. Keith Urban was a fantastic choice. He's honest, simple in his comments but instructive, and is one of the most talented musicians today. He writes his own songs, plays a mean banjo and piano, and is one of the top talents I've ever heard on guitar, never mind his singing.

I hate the format. I hate the commentary from the women. This show isn't going to last.

I can't stand either Nikki or Mariah. Nikki talks WAYYYY too much, and this isn't a contest about how someone dresses or does their hair and makeup and she factors that into her comments every single time. She also has zero talent and doesn't deserve to judge others. Mariah is bland. Keith Urban was a fantastic choice. He's honest, simple in his comments but instructive, and is one of the most talented musicians today. He writes his own songs, plays a mean banjo and piano, and is one of the top talents I've ever heard on guitar, never mind his singing.

I hate the format. I hate the commentary from the women. This show isn't going to last.
We all know the end is near, that the idea of American Idol has run it's course but Randy is there for the tie to the original, Urban is there because he knows his sh!t and the Dipsy Twins are there to say and do stupid things like Paula did. Mariah is the Bland while Nikki is a walking neon lightboard screaming look at me.

the judges are not really an influence once the fan voting takes place anyway.

We all know the end is near, that the idea of American Idol has run it's course but Randy is there for the tie to the original, Urban is there because he knows his sh!t and the Dipsy Twins are there to say and do stupid things like Paula did. Mariah is the Bland while Nikki is a walking neon lightboard screaming look at me.

the judges are not really an influence once the fan voting takes place anyway.

This....

We've been saying for a couple of years now that Idol has run it's course. But it still comes in at the top of the ratings. There will be no end as long as people watch.

I like "Dipsy Twins". Very appropriate. The show has been missing Abdul's insanity. Minaj gets it back. I don't care what she actually says. I want to see the train wreck when she clashes with the Diva (and Carey is clearly a diva). And I really like that all four have given brutal opinions which is a great departure from Tyler and Lopez who never had a bad thing to say.

JDA, now there's am interesting human being.

They managed to get a manly woman and an extremely girly man this year

Back