• The Golden Girls (dashoe only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Mark_Henderson

very stable genius
Reaction score
I'm starting to get psyched for the final 8 (or is it 9?) episodes of the Sopranos. I was a little disappointed with last season, but if they do this right, I think it has the potential to be my favorite final episode of any show ever.

So, this got me thinking, what shows have had the best final episodes? The really hyped ones have been Mash, Cheers & Seinfeld.

I wasn't that into Mash at the time that aired - and I thought their best "final episode" was the end of the season where McLean Stevenson left and he died in a chopper crash. Cheers gradually lost me after Shelly Long left and I thought the final episode of Seinfeld sucked. Having seen it in reruns, I think the final episode of Mary Tyler Moore was great and the final episode of Newhart where he wakes up and he's in bed with Susanne Pleshette and the whole show was a dream during his last show, was pretty cool.

But, my favorite final shows were Johnny Carson's last few episodes on the air. Since he'd been such an institution my whole life, it was cool to see all the retrospective stuff that they ran. It's hard for me to believe that Letterman's been on for 25 years now, just about 5 years short of Johnny, since I've watched him from the beginning.

Anyway, what are your favorite final TV episodes?

I voted for other.

Although I wasn't a regular watcher, The Fugitive was a really good series.

As I recall, its final episode wrapped up all the loose ends, and was of the same high quality as most of the other episodes.

All of the series on the list are sitcoms - I used to enjoy Cheers and Johnny Carson (not a sitcom, but still comedy-based), but most of the others didn't do much for me (although I really enjoyed Ted Knight's work in MTM).

G.L.O.W.

Watching it go was like watching your best friend AND your dog leaving you.

:***:

I thought the Newhart final episode followed by the MTM final episode were my faves. I agree the Seinfeld final episode sucked. For such a great series the end fell unremarkably flat.

Steve-o on 03-30-2007 at 08:54 PM said:
G.L.O.W.

Watching it go was like watching your best friend AND your dog leaving you.

:***:

Wow, I had to do a Google search to even know what this was. I don't know how I missed out on this one.

I appreciated "Newhart"'s final episode, even though I didn't think much of the show. But it was a stroke of brilliance (Suzanne Pleshette and the original ending theme music).

I liked the final episode of "Buffy". Hard to top it when the entire town gets sucked into a sinkhole.

I also liked the final episode of "ST:TNG". Nice way to bring it back around again with John DeLancie (Q).

The final episode of "M*A*S*H*" was a nice way to tie it up, although the series had run about a season too long by that point.

I guess it's a lot like an athlete. If a series goes out at the top of it's game a la Barry Sanders, it's a lot different than if it's been hanging around on a roster for no good reason...

Well MH, while i was trying to think of the Best final Episodes, i Came up with the Worst:

Startrek: Voyager & Stargate SG1, Im a big fan of both but i was dissapointed with the endings (although with SG1, i suspect a movie may be comming);)

Sorry, Lets get back on Topic:thumb:

Denism on 03-30-2007 at 09:57 PM said:
Startrek: Voyager & Stargate SG1, Im a big fan of both but i was dissapointed with the endings (although with SG1, i suspect a movie may be comming);)

I watched every episode of "Voyager". I liked it. I know I was in the minority. But I thought the characters were interesting.

However, for the life of me I can't remember the final episode. I think the Borg Queen might've been in it?

JD10367 on 03-31-2007 at 03:12 AM said:
I watched every episode of "Voyager". I liked it. I know I was in the minority. But I thought the characters were interesting.

However, for the life of me I can't remember the final episode. I think the Borg Queen might've been in it?

Ya, i liked it too.

Yes the Borg queen was in it. Janeway from the future helped them use a borg transdimensional tunnel (!!!) to get home and when they got back to the Alpha quadrant, there wasn't even a jump for joy from anyone in the crew!!! I was abit dissapointed with that, i mean come on FFS!

Does that bring back ant memories?

X-Files

Oh damn how I want to bang that little red-head to this day

i voted other

and my choice was, FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

a classic series, with 4 me one of the funniest guys in it

alfonso ribeiro(who played carlton)

shame it had 2 end,but i guess nothing last's forever:sulk:

I voted Newhart.

Seinfield may be my favorite sitcom of all time but I thought the finale was pretty lame, actually.

Babylon 5.

Having the show's creative force JM Straczynski make a cameo and be teh technician who actually turned off the lights on the station was a very nice touch.

Angel had a good ending as well.

"dibs on the dragon" ROFL

Denism on 03-30-2007 at 08:57 PM said:
Well MH, while i was trying to think of the Best final Episodes, i Came up with the Worst:

Sorry, Lets get back on Topic:thumb:

There are 9 more episodes of SG1 (though they are already filming 2 movies - Stargate: Continuum & Stargate: The Ark of Truth ). The final 9 episodes are airing in May in the U.S.....Unless you've seen pirated copies?

Annihilus on 03-31-2007 at 07:50 PM said:
There are 9 more episodes of SG1 (though they are already filming 2 movies - Stargate: Continuum & Stargate: The Ark of Truth ). The final 9 episodes are airing in May in the U.S.....Unless you've seen pirated copies?

Excellent Anni:thumb:

I didn't know that, you say another 9 episodes, i thought they finished at season 10, ill have to keep an eye out for these so

Stargate: The Ark of Truth is a planned direct-to-DVD movie, which will be written and directed by Robert C. Cooper. The movie will go into production in April 2007, and will likely be released late in 2007.

This movie will be the conclusion of Stargate SG-1's Ori arc,[2] which began in "Avalon". The Ori storyline was originally expected to continue into SG-1's eleventh season, but the series was cancelled by the Sci-Fi Channel in August 2006. Therefore, the movie will pick up immediately after "Unending", the SG-1 series finale.

Excellent, at least they're gonna finish the Ori story:D
Anni, if you hear anymore about the release dates, let me know please;)

Denism on 03-31-2007 at 03:05 PM said:
Excellent Anni:thumb:

I didn't know that, you say another 9 episodes, i thought they finished at season 10

These episodes are still in season 10. SciFi often splits their seasons into 2 parts. The first half of season 10 was late 2006, this is the last half.

Will keep you posted when they update the release for the 2 movies
:thumb:

Back