OT: Brag about your Kids thread

My baby is engaged and they are buying their first home just completed the inspection..... damn where did the time go. the eldest grandkiddos will be officially teenagers this year. My cancer survivor has become an incredible young lady, she’s smart, amazing, resilient, the best big sister, and so loving. Not that my other grandchildren aren't amazing she’s just had a little more obstacles to overcome then they.

~Dee~

My baby is engaged and they are buying their first home just completed the inspection..... damn where did the time go. the eldest grandkiddos will be officially teenagers this year. My cancer survivor has become an incredible young lady, she’s smart, amazing, resilient, the best big sister, and so loving. Not that my other grandchildren aren't amazing she’s just had a little more obstacles to overcome then they.

~Dee~

Living the dream, Dee. Good on you.

Thanks it’s been an incredible ride lol. I‘m so incredibly proud of each and everyone of my children, but don’t tell them that lol. My daughter has taken on foster babies .... and a very special toddler not her choice but even for me he’s had a hard 3 whole year... she also knows I’m a 4&1/2, 5 hour drive away or a phone call away.

~Dee~

When your grandkids text you randomly and tell you they love you .....you know you've done something right...

Hey bro. thanks! Update on son, he bought a home last week!
Daughter still comes home on weekends to visit her dog and I love that!
You know how happy I am for you and your wife you guys did good with everything those two went through!!!

~Dee~

Thanks it’s been an incredible ride lol. I‘m so incredibly proud of each and everyone of my children, but don’t tell them that lol. My daughter has taken on foster babies .... and a very special toddler not her choice but even for me he’s had a hard 3 whole year... she also knows I’m a 4&1/2, 5 hour drive away or a phone call away.

~Dee~

When your grandkids text you randomly and tell you they love you .....you know you've done something right...

~Dee~

If we had your cell, we'd probably all send you the same text. You are among the best. Love seeing new generations of great kids anchored so beautifully in family.

Cheers, 🌷

If we had your cell, we'd probably all send you the same text. You are among the best. Love seeing new generations of great kids anchored so beautifully in family.

Cheers, 🌷
Thank you my friend!

And you can borrow a grandchild or 2 at anytime lol.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Both boys have started school. Our oldest is now a Junior at KU still in the aerospace engineering department. Our youngest is a Junior in high school. I've never been a big believer in the "time flies" crap but DAMN!! Time is flying. :ROFLMAO: We have already started to worry about what we're going to do if both boys have their graduation ceremonies on the same day next year.

My cancer survivor has become an incredible young lady, she’s smart, amazing, resilient, the best big sister, and so loving. Not that my other grandchildren aren't amazing she’s just had a little more obstacles to overcome then they.

~Dee~

That is so great Dee....!!!!! :):):)

That is so great Dee....!!!!! :):):)
She just gave us a very proud moment tonight but damn thank goodness my son is a great dad ( otherwise grandmom and pop pop would have been up way past his bedtime) ... it could have been a whole different out come. She’s incredible for real.

Scary but so proud of how she handle herself and 2 other friends even if she scared the .... out of me for 45 minutes.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Both boys have started school. Our oldest is now a Junior at KU still in the aerospace engineering department. Our youngest is a Junior in high school. I've never been a big believer in the "time flies" crap but DAMN!! Time is flying. :ROFLMAO: We have already started to worry about what we're going to do if both boys have their graduation ceremonies on the same day next year.
Time definitely flies just saying. Hold every moment in your heart before you know it they will be starting families of their own.... good luck Youngin!

~Dee~

Reactions: Alk
As of today, son is officially a homeowner. Move in day!

Some of you know how different it was 5 or so years back when I was just praying he was going to stay alive.

Now get married to her and make me a grand baby.
Good on him. And may all your dreams come true!

I have a 5 year old daughter and I have two boys ages 7 and 8....if you look around, you might spot the boys.:p

Now the daughter. We call her "she must be obeyed" (stolen from Rick Reilly)........She is the cats ass. She is smart and beautiful and knows it. She is all girl thru and thru. Dolls rule. Older brothers shake in fear when gets mad and they almost always rue getting into fistacuffs with her. She gives the best butterfly kisses and that damm song nearly kills me everytime I hear it.

Well, the above was posted here in 2006 (I think).

THAT was fast.

1675958477368.png

1675958490561.png

Our son landed himself a date to the Junior prom last night. Apparently the term is "promposal". Anyway, he showed up for the warmups of the girl's basketball game and passed the girl a ball with a message written on it asking her to go to prom. I joked with him before that he still didn't have his good hand so he better be careful that he passes the ball to the right girl. He was right on target and she said yes. We have seen some positive changes out of him since the accident and this was one of them. If you would have asked him about prom three months ago he would have told you that there's no way he's going. Now he seems to be excited for it although his taste in clothes that he wants to wear to the event might be just a bit out of line with our pocketbooks. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 331283400_880682723047215_5313440650571164642_n.jpg
    331283400_880682723047215_5313440650571164642_n.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 6
Our son landed himself a date to the Junior prom last night. Apparently the term is "promposal". Anyway, he showed up for the warmups of the girl's basketball game and passed the girl a ball with a message written on it asking her to go to prom. I joked with him before that he still didn't have his good hand so he better be careful that he passes the ball to the right girl. He was right on target and she said yes. We have seen some positive changes out of him since the accident and this was one of them. If you would have asked him about prom three months ago he would have told you that there's no way he's going. Now he seems to be excited for it although his taste in clothes that he wants to wear to the event might be just a bit out of line with our pocketbooks. :ROFLMAO:
That’s great news indeed!

~Dee~

That’s awesome! I love how the kids get creative in their promposals.

Our kids went to single-sex high schools, so everything was doubled and the girls from the boys sister school had to show up at the boys school and ask the boys to their prom so it went both ways. Crazy stuff.

The best part is, he is integrating, and that’s what needs to happen, dad as you well know.

Back