OT: Brag about your Kids thread

So my addict son (ex addict for 15+ mos now) dropped by to see and comfort his sister (Vegas tragedy witness). Brought his guitar. Haven't heard him play in a while.OMG. He's really talented, This has been a beautiful evening for me. Not sure why I needed to share. But I did.
Proud Dad.

So my addict son (ex addict for 15+ mos now) dropped by to see and comfort his sister (Vegas tragedy witness). Brought his guitar. Haven't heard him play in a while.OMG. He's really talented, This has been a beautiful evening for me. Not sure why I needed to share. But I did.
Proud Dad.

Thanks for sharing, nothing like siblings looking out for each other. This made me smile this morning as I watched my kids get ready.

Proud Dad.

Beautiful. Bless you and your kids, awesome to hear.

Proud Dad.

That's wonderful and oh-so-comforting for a parent to see that strong bond. You should be proud. Congratulations on raising good kids.

Proud Dad.

In a time of so much hate, it's refreshing to read about positive stuff! :toast:

My boy has been a street cop for almost 6 years. He has done very well. He’s been itching to get on one of the specialty teams and not getting anywhere. SWAT team,Motorcycle patrol, etc. Very frustrated and was going to apply to state police.
Last week after roll call a captain pulled him aside and brought him to the chiefs office. He was made a detective on the drug enforcement team. They handed him his office keys and laughed at his reaction. The chief said I’m pressing send on this email to the department and you will be getting a ton of texts in about 30 seconds.
He starts the new gig tomorrow.

my boy has been a street cop for almost 6 years. He has done very well. He’s been itching to get on one of the specialty teams and not getting anywhere. Swat team,motorcycle patrol, etc. Very frustrated and was going to apply to state police.
Last week after roll call a captain pulled him aside and brought him to the chiefs office. He was made a detective on the drug enforcement team. They handed him his office keys and laughed at his reaction. The chief said i’m pressing send on this email to the department and you will be getting a ton of texts in about 30 seconds.
congrats!!!

My boy has been a street cop for almost 6 years. He has done very well. He’s been itching to get on one of the specialty teams and not getting anywhere. SWAT team,Motorcycle patrol, etc. Very frustrated and was going to apply to state police.
Last week after roll call a captain pulled him aside and brought him to the chiefs office. He was made a detective on the drug enforcement team. They handed him his office keys and laughed at his reaction. The chief said I’m pressing send on this email to the department and you will be getting a ton of texts in about 30 seconds.

Great news! Congratulations to your son.

that is so awesome! Big time congrats!

that is so awesome! Big time congrats!

Thanks much. He’s so excited. I am too but policing is dangerous work and serving warrants and doing stakeouts and busting down doors on dealers is even more dangerous, so I always worry about him. But he loves it and this particular assignment is one that everyone wants. He hates druggies and dealers and busted many as a patrol guy, so now he gets to do it full time.

Go clean and dime out your provider. Good first step.

Cheers

My sons HS jazz band played Ryles last week. Opened for BT ALC Big Band. Pretty cool to get in before it closes.

Really cool, loved Ryles when I worked in Cambridge

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Nice, :toast:

My 15 year old was among 860 kids that auditioned for a summer camp atbThe Frank Sinatra School of Performing Arts. Only 22 kids are chosen.....she was one of the 22. Second time in three yrs for her. The camp is taught by Broadway professionals

Back