OT - 'Cuse over UCONN in 6 OT's!!!!!!!

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat thread (I checked and couldn't find another but my wife will tell you that I'm really not that thorough when I look for things.)

(Wait, that last set of parentheses may be misconstrued by some in here. Oh, well.)

I had the pleasure (cough, cough) of chaperoning a "fan bus" to my school's state championship game last night. It was an hour and a half ride each way and I didn't get home until 10:45PM. (We lost - :( )

For reasons that are too lengthy to get into right now, I am a HUGE Syracuse hoops fan. I managed to catch the game on the radio on the way home from school and I figured I'd watch the end at home. Little did I know that I was in for a marathon affair.

Did anyone catch this game? Un-freaken-believable. Ended at 1:30AM. I was sure that the Orange were going to lose based on the number of easy opportunities that let slip away - some with time dwindling in several of the OT's.

Dragged my butt to school today and survived but it would have been much more difficult had the Orange lost. Lots of UCONN fans at school today to give a bunch of crap to, to make things even better.

Good times.

The best part was it was two of the better teams in the country, so the level of play was really high until about the 3rd OT, and then everyone was running on fumes.

Syracuse didn't hold a lead at any point from 4 seconds left to go in regulation until the first minute of the 6th OT. Crazy. And those poor kids have to play again tonight.

Did you get showered with confetti? :rockon:

No, but the "Dawg Pound" (our cheering section) did give me a very cool chant when I came into the gym before the game started.

Never heard my name cheered by a large crowd like that before.

Sorry if this is a repeat thread (I checked and couldn't find another but my wife will tell you that I'm really not that thorough when I look for things.)

(Wait, that last set of parentheses may be misconstrued by some in here. Oh, well.)

I had the pleasure (cough, cough) of chaperoning a "fan bus" to my school's state championship game last night. It was an hour and a half ride each way and I didn't get home until 10:45PM. (We lost - :( )

For reasons that are too lengthy to get into right now, I am a HUGE Syracuse hoops fan. I managed to catch the game on the radio on the way home from school and I figured I'd watch the end at home. Little did I know that I was in for a marathon affair.

Did anyone catch this game? Un-freaken-believable. Ended at 1:30AM. I was sure that the Orange were going to lose based on the number of easy opportunities that let slip away - some with time dwindling in several of the OT's.

Dragged my butt to school today and survived but it would have been much more difficult had the Orange lost. Lots of UCONN fans at school today to give a bunch of crap to, to make things even better.

Good times.

It was an amazing game to watch; I love Big East basketball :thumb:

As a huge UConn fan... this was like watching the SB... back and forth and UConn just couldnt finish the game. I stayed up until the end of the 5th OT. I couldnt handle it anymore (and I had to work today). Lets just say Jimmy will make sure they practice their foul shots from now until the first round of the Big Dance

I had several other Cuse fans over last night and the emotional swings exhausted me as a fan. I can't imagine how Flynn feels after logging 67 minutes. From "why don't they ever call fouls on Thabeet" to "What a shot by Devo" to "Aw crap it's no good" to "Who is that walk-on" to "Are you freeking kidding me" I had the ups and downs of a month of fandom in one game. One of my friends left a halftime to pick up his girlfriend at the airport 45 minutes away and still made it back to see the final 2 overtimes. It will be a long time before I forget this one, which is saying alot considering the amount of alcohol one can drink in 70 minutes of game time.

"What a shot by Devo"

You mean that scumbag has a nickname?

Too bad he didnt punch Bay-heims daughter...... or better yet the trophy wife

Devendorf returned to the Syracuse lineup with a 14-point effort against Le Moyne and 22 points against Oakland.[6][7] However, on December 10, 2008, Devendorf was suspended indefinitely, pending appeal, from Syracuse University.[8][9] The suspension is the result of a University judicial board hearing stemming from an incident involving Devendorf and a female student. Devendorf was accused of striking the female student in the face during an altercation in the early morning hours of November 1. The board found Devendorf violated three student codes out of the five he was accused of violating. Furthermore, Devendorf was already on disciplinary probation as the result of him harming a student during the spring 2008 semester.[10] The university judicial board recommended he be suspended for the remainder of the academic year, which his coach Jim Boeheim thought was too severe.[11] Devendorf, as expected,[9] appealed.[12]

'Cuse again last night in OT!!!!

Devendorf ends the first half with a three quarter court shot that was reviewed (poor kid might be getting a complex.)

Louisville is going to be very tough to beat. Let's hope the 2-3 confuses the shiite out of them.

GO ORANGE!!!!

Saw the game at work. I couldn't believe UConn kept fouling them. Weren't there like three different guys that were all perfect on their free throws?

Since im a uconn fan... it sucked.
i watched that whole game, then took a math test at 7:30 that morning on 3 hours sleep. FUN.

Back