OT Gaming consoles you have owned in your entire life.

groganfan

Troll killer
Reaction score
first console i remember my family owning was a gaming console from sears called the studio II.

rcastudioii.jpg

that's what it looked like. we had tennis, which basically looked like pong. baseball, and blackjack. had a build in game, which didn't need a cart to be inserted, which was bowling. had car racing too.

then i got the famous atari 2600. no description necessary.

one year i remember asking for the commadore 64, and my parents were cheap, so i got a commadore 16.

DVC01777.JPG

all it had was a keyboard, and a tape recorder that plug into the tv. i don't even remember any games you can buy for it. just had some programs you can do like write i love whoever you were "dating at the time" over and over, which i did.

in my 15th year of life, i got the nintendo, which came with the cool "rob the robot."

gyromite.jpg

i still have him too. :)

after that i got the super nintendo. one of my favorite systems of all time, because of link to the past, my favorite zelda game, and illusions of gaia one of my favorite rpgs at the time.

then i got the famous sega genesis. funny thing about that, is that my dad was in the navy at the time and bought it for himself which he kept on his ship. the reason why it's funny is because he wasn't really a gamer. not since his atari pacaman marathon he used to have with my mother. anyways, when he retired, so i inherited the genesis.

then came the n64. yup i admit was a nintendo fan boy for awhile. i got that and golden eye one christmas.

i got the playstation and then after that the gamecube.

i got the ps2 when it first came out. well not right when it first came out but a last minute christmas gift to myself. i remember it was my first experience with ebay, and bid on one. cost me over 400 bucks i'm embarrassed to say, but i got the bragging rights of being able to say i got one for christmas.

there's another funny story attached to my ps2 as well. when i won the bid on it at work i told a co-worker about it. he's quiet and doesn't say much. then after the holidays he said, "you know anybody who wants a ps2? my sister wants to sell hers." i wanted to pop the dude in the mouth.

finally that brings me to the ps3 which i got last year when the 40gbs came out. they were much cheaper than the ones already available. what prompt me to get it was that i recently gotten a digital tv that fall, and being that the ps3 was a blu-ray player and an affordable one at the time, i got a ps3. the face that by that time the format wars was dying down was another determining factor.

that's pretty much the consoles i have owned in my lifetime thus far except for the handhelds.

as far as handhelds go, i had a gameboy color, gba original, and then the clam shell design, nitendo ds original, and the upgraded to the lite, and then the psp which go upgraded to the slim design.

oh also got an iPod touch for myself this christmas, and you can play games on that too. guess that counts as a handheld.

Hmmm

Atari, ColecoVision, Genesis, PS1, PS2 and my first was a TRS80.. LOL Pong was teh AWESOME!!

Good thread. I remember this bringing back some memories.

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, XBox, XBox 360. I played some Atari, but don't know which one.

Too many to list, from Odyssey (Pong ripoff) and Tank to Commodore 64, Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Apple MacIntosh, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2, Wii... It's all a blur.

Too many to list, from Odyssey (Pong ripoff) and Tank to Commodore 64, Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Apple MacIntosh, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Genesis, Playstation, Playstation 2, Wii... It's all a blur.

drugs don't count neither. :p

oh also had a game gear too. forgot to list that. i used to kill on madden 94. using the pats of course!

A couple of different Atari's, Coleco Vision, Some Game System I don't even know the name of it. The games were like little plastic (thin) cards, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1 and now PS3 which I'm damn near neglecting.

I was going to say the atari 2600 was my first, but GroganFan's post reminded that I first had this "thing" that had a couple of "built - in " games, with PONG and a tank battle being the two I played. I think the others were just different versions of tank battle.
Then the obvious ones already mentioned, Atari 2600, NES, N64, Wii

I still have my Pong console in its original box up in the attic. I should see if it still works.

I still have my Pong console in its original box up in the attic. I should see if it still works.

That's probably worth money, especially if you have the original box.

I had the Atari 2600 and 5200 and then graduated to the Colecovision with all of the Adam Components, still have this one. After that I mainly played games on the computer until the original Xbox came out and I bought it to play Halo. Nothing more current than that but I am considering the PS3, just wondering how it will look on a 720P tv set.

should be fine on a 720p set, in fact, for some reason unknown to me, the ps3 is powerful enough to display at 1080p, but their games are dummied down to 720. anybody happen to know the reason for this?

should be fine on a 720p set, in fact, for some reason unknown to me, the ps3 is powerful enough to display at 1080p, but their games are dummied down to 720. anybody happen to know the reason for this?

I don't have a PS3, but I know there's a setting in there for display resolution. A friend who has one showed me the menu setting, 'cause he and I were talking about that very issue (apparently, another misconception is that the PS3 is designed for 1080p and if you put it on a 720p it'll "dumb it down" to 480... apparently not true).

Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Color

N64 is probably my favorite console. I break it out every now and then and play some Mario Kart and NFL Blitz. Gotta love it.

I don't have a PS3, but I know there's a setting in there for display resolution. A friend who has one showed me the menu setting, 'cause he and I were talking about that very issue (apparently, another misconception is that the PS3 is designed for 1080p and if you put it on a 720p it'll "dumb it down" to 480... apparently not true).

when it's on the menu screen. meaning, the screen you see without a game is loaded, it's set as 1080p, but once you load a game, the screen's resolution is bumped down to 720p. it goes back to 1080p when you take out the game or put in a blu-ray disc. madden looks like crap on the ps3, which is, and no pun intended, maddening. it should at least look as good as the xbox version or be able to be displayed at 1080p. sony does this with the psp too. the graphics should be better but they have a setting or a chip or whatever that doesn't let games be displayed at their optimal.

Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Playstation, Playstation 2 and now Playstation 3. I don't play video games much anymore, though.

NES, SNES, GB, N64, Wii, mostly play on PC if anything in last couple of years tho

Atari
Coleco
NES
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1

Far and away, my favorite of all was the original Nintendo Entertainment System. And I would kick all you asses in both Tecmo Bowl and RBI Baseball. Also, I still remember the code to get to the championship fight in Mike Tyson's Punchout:

007 373 5963

Back