OT - Heading to Fenway Thursday Night

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I was offered two tickets to Thursday nights game against the Indians. I thought it would be cool to bring my 13-year-old daughter (huge Red Sox fan) with me for her first trip to the Pahk.

The tickets aren't together but the guy told me if you go to Guest Services (or something like that) about an hour and a half before the game they hook you up with two seats together. I thought the games were sold out which would make this kind of impossible.

Has anyone ever heard about this?

Also, he suggested I drive to Newton (from Southwestern CT), park there at the T station and ride the T to Fenway. Much easier getting in and out, according to him. Make sense?

I'd like to make this a memorable experience for my little girl. Any advice is appreciated.

You might try calling the box office and asking them. I've never heard of it but that doesn't mean anything.

Have fun.

I am sure there are always tickets available or returned and they should hook you up...for some reason this sounds familiar with them doing this - not sure why

as for the T it will be crowded but a lot cheaper than parking at Fenway

If you did wanna drive all the way in I park at a garage for 25 bucks when I go. I hit a little bit of traffic getting in but I get out no problem and get right home. Don't have to worry about the crowd in the train.

I was offered two tickets to Thursday nights game against the Indians. I thought it would be cool to bring my 13-year-old daughter (huge Red Sox fan) with me for her first trip to the Pahk.

The tickets aren't together but the guy told me if you go to Guest Services (or something like that) about an hour and a half before the game they hook you up with two seats together. I thought the games were sold out which would make this kind of impossible.

Has anyone ever heard about this?

Also, he suggested I drive to Newton (from Southwestern CT), park there at the T station and ride the T to Fenway. Much easier getting in and out, according to him. Make sense?

I'd like to make this a memorable experience for my little girl. Any advice is appreciated.

Yes, it's very good advice...I used to do it all the time. It isn't that long of a trip from Woodland to Fenway T stop...about 20 minutes. Then it's only a couple block walk to the park. Definitely the way to go.

Maybe you'll see them finally clinch the wild card.

:coffee:

Decided to drive into Boston tomorrow. I need to get to Fan Services by 5:30 - 6:00 to assure getting two seats together.

Already clinched and need to end the season on a high note after getting swept by the freaking Jays.

Let's hope we see some starters out there.

Decided to drive into Boston tomorrow. I need to get to Fan Services by 5:30 - 6:00 to assure getting two seats together.

Already clinched and need to end the season on a high note after getting swept by the freaking Jays.

Let's hope we see some starters out there.

There is a parking garage down the street that is only 25 bucks. I park there every time I go to Fenway.

:Redsox:

Hey guys first post. Yep, I'm a Colts fan, flame away.

I'm also a Red Sox fan and I'll be at the game Friday night. One thing to note, with the T, yep it'll be packed. If you leave early, usually you'll have more luck with Kenmore Square or the Heinz. One thing to note, DO NOT ride the T to the "Fenway" stop. That is the park in Boston known as Fenway, not Fenway Park. Something that novice tourists screw up on a regular basis.

When I've left at a regular time (which is everytime but once), I've found that a decent option is walking from Fenway Park to the Park Street stop. It's a bit of a hike, but it's much less crowded there and it's accessible to the T. It works out doubly well for me because I get to the Red Line, which goes to South Station which in turn gets me back to Providence. Not sure what Line you're planning on using, if not the Red, then it may just serve to complicate you. :shrug:

All and all, enjoy the game. I'm sure there are many on here that can help.

And no, I know nothing about the ticket exchange program. :p

:Redsox:

Hey guys first post. Yep, I'm a Colts fan, flame away.

I'm also a Red Sox fan and I'll be at the game Friday night. One thing to note, with the T, yep it'll be packed. If you leave early, usually you'll have more luck with Kenmore Square or the Heinz. One thing to note, DO NOT ride the T to the "Fenway" stop. That is the park in Boston known as Fenway, not Fenway Park. Something that novice tourists screw up on a regular basis.

When I've left at a regular time (which is everytime but once), I've found that a decent option is walking from Fenway Park to the Park Street stop. It's a bit of a hike, but it's much less crowded there and it's accessible to the T. It works out doubly well for me because I get to the Red Line, which goes to South Station which in turn gets me back to Providence. Not sure what Line you're planning on using, if not the Red, then it may just serve to complicate you. :shrug:

All and all, enjoy the game. I'm sure there are many on here that can help.

And no, I know nothing about the ticket exchange program. :p

I take the T to the "Fenway" stop all the time for games. First off, why did you put that in parenthesis? That is the name of the stop. Fenway Station on the Green line. What are you talking about? What park? Fenway Station lets you out at the parking lot next to the Landmark Center. You walk up Brookline St. for like 3 blocks to the actual Fenway park.

I take the T to the "Fenway" stop all the time for games. First off, why did you put that in parenthesis? That is the name of the stop. Fenway Station on the Green line. What are you talking about? What park? Fenway Station lets you out at the parking lot next to the Landmark Center. You walk up Brookline St. for like 3 blocks to the actual Fenway park.

Kenmore station is closer. I've taken the Fenway stop once and cursed myself.

Kenmore station is closer. I've taken the Fenway stop once and cursed myself.

The OP is coming from Newton. Fenway is before Kenmore going inbound on the D train. You can certainly stay on longer to go to Kenmore if you wanted to. I don't though...because I don't see the point. I don't mind the Fenway stop (although, once some dude just came up to me there and grabbed my boobs...) I don't want to stay on the T any longer than I have to. It's the first stop close to the park coming from Newton...so I get off :)

Of course, that wasn't really the issue. I was just confused that ProColts implied that Fenway station was somehow a bad option...which of course, it is not. It is literally a 4 minute walk up the street from Fenway Station to the ballpark. I just didn't understand what he/she was talking about. Just wanted to clarify.

There is a parking garage down the street that is only 25 bucks. I park there every time I go to Fenway.

We always park at the Pru. Extremely easy to get off and on the Pike. Only a ten minute walk to the Park. You can park anytime at 2PM. With a ticket stub, it's $16 to park.

Like to see them win one before they go to Anaheim next week.

FT and I were trying to remember last night, didn't they crawl in ass first in 07 to the playoffs and then light it up? All hope is not lost.:shrug:

The OP is coming from Newton. Fenway is before Kenmore going inbound on the D train. You can certainly stay on longer to go to Kenmore if you wanted to. I don't though...because I don't see the point. I don't mind the Fenway stop (although, once some dude just came up to me there and grabbed my boobs...) I don't want to stay on the T any longer than I have to. It's the first stop close to the park coming from Newton...so I get off :)

Of course, that wasn't really the issue. I was just confused that ProColts implied that Fenway station was somehow a bad option...which of course, it is not. It is literally a 4 minute walk up the street from Fenway Station to the ballpark. I just didn't understand what he/she was talking about. Just wanted to clarify.

Admittedly, I haven't gone to Fenway as much as many people on here. That being said, I've heard a lot of people that go there for the first time whine about how they were "fooled" into getting off at the Fenway stop and how pissed they were that they had to make the walk. I didn't know that it was as close it was, so that end, that's cool.

I also didn't consider that the OP is coming from Newton, that's a good point. I'm always coming from either South Station (if I've taken the train from Providence) or from Harvard (if I've stayed with my cousin in Belmont) so it's always closer if I get off at Kenmore.

I don't mind sitting on the T for a little extra longer. Just wondering, however, what's the Fenway stop usually like after Red Sox games? Is it COMPLETELY jammed like the Heinz and Kenmore are? If not, it seems like it maybe a headstart headed to Park Street. Just wondering.

I think back to a few weeks ago when the talk of playing hard to win the division came up...the thought was it didn't mean much, rest and setting up the rotation was more important.

I hope they can just turn it on because they've kinda laid down the last few nights and it's been painful to watch.

Admittedly, I haven't gone to Fenway as much as many people on here. That being said, I've heard a lot of people that go there for the first time whine about how they were "fooled" into getting off at the Fenway stop and how pissed they were that they had to make the walk. I didn't know that it was as close it was, so that end, that's cool.

I also didn't consider that the OP is coming from Newton, that's a good point. I'm always coming from either South Station (if I've taken the train from Providence) or from Harvard (if I've stayed with my cousin in Belmont) so it's always closer if I get off at Kenmore.

I don't mind sitting on the T for a little extra longer. Just wondering, however, what's the Fenway stop usually like after Red Sox games? Is it COMPLETELY jammed like the Heinz and Kenmore are? If not, it seems like it maybe a headstart headed to Park Street. Just wondering.

Well, yes...if they think it leads right to Fenway park then they are 100%wrong. I can see the confusion. That's why I figured I was just kind of misunderstanding you. I figured the confusion would be that people think it gets right off at the baseball park. I'm shocked that people would complain about that walk though. LOL. It's right up the street from the stop. The sidewalks can be jammed packed with people before/after the game though...so that's a pain in the ass.

Fenway Station is usually packed after Sox games. The T in general is packed with drunk fans (myself usually included)...which is always fun. There is a mass heard there though.

If you are to/from Providence...there is no reason for you to use Fenway Station. Then it's totally out of your way...and no less of a hassle. I say stick to Kenmore or Heinz if you're going to Prov. :)

Back