OT: Leon Powe to Cavs

Bummer

They think he could be back by the All Star break but I'm guessing that's best case scenario. If he does though and returns to form, with Shaq too, the Cavs are winning it

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/10964
That is crazy staement I'm sorry.

Shaq is a shell of himself and the Celts just resigned Big Baby!

If the Celtics stay healthy they will win more than 70 games and the only team that will give them a run for their money is the Lakers...

Looks like he's getting a 2-year deal. Wonder what the value of the contract is. Not sure the Celts could've even approached it and have still signed Sheed, Sheldon Williams and Big Baby.

I'm glad to see him going to a winning organization but I am not sad to see him leave the C's. He's not been able to stay healthy and was not a viable option last season (and he was desperately needed).

so jay champ, what you're trying to say is now that the cavs have a solid 11th man they are now poised to win it all? him and shaq combined are going to play a total of 30 min a game. i know powe was a solid player for the c's but he just went through another knee surgery. sure he's a solid bench guy but not a difference maker to win a title, and i still dont see what all the shaq hype is about. the guy flat out sucks now

The Celts weren't going to be keeping Baby and Powe.

And they added Sheed.

Given that Powe is hurt, I'm perfectly fine with the fact that they kept Baby over Powe.

That said, if and when Powe comes back, he makes the Cavs better. And that's a bummer.

I loved Leon. Tough, resourceful player.

Powe is a nice guy who was in a tough spot for the C's.

A devastating injury in a contract year; everyone knew IF he was offered a contract by the C's it would have been a 1-year deal for non-guaranteed chump change.

I can't blame the guy whatsoever for taking a 2 year deal on the table, no matter who it was from. I wish him success (Unless it's against the Celts)

Leon Powe is a nice player but the celtics didn't need him

i know powe was a solid player for the c's but he just went through another knee surgery.
Obviously that's why I said IF he returns to form which, for the record, I feel is unlikely. But if he does, yes I feel he puts them over the top. A team that was already neck and neck with the C's and Lakers of the world. And he brings a lot more to the table than just stats. He's the kind of gritty player that teams need.

Shaq does not "suck" now. Maybe compared to his past self he does, but not compared with the rest of the league. And he is still a major presence in the middle that the Cavs desperately needed.

I think people way undervalue Powe. We'll certainly find out.

Obviously that's why I said IF he returns to form which, for the record, I feel is unlikely. But if he does, yes I feel he puts them over the top. A team that was already neck and neck with the C's and Lakers of the world. And he brings a lot more to the table than just stats. He's the kind of gritty player that teams need.

Shaq does not "suck" now. Maybe compared to his past self he does, but not compared with the rest of the league. And he is still a major presence in the middle that the Cavs desperately needed.

The only thing Shaq is good for is cleaning up at the buffet and taking up space...

lol leon powe wouldn't put any team over the top, he's not even as good as big baby

lol leon powe wouldn't put any team over the top, he's not even as good as big baby
He's not? So even though last year Powe drew more fouls per game, scored more points per game, had more rebounds per game, in 4 minutes less per game, that makes Big Baby better? Powe is also easily better defensively. The only thing Davis has on Powe(besides staying healthy obviously) is shooting range. That's it

You don't think the C's would have beaten Orlando if they had Powe last year? No doubt in my mind, with Garnett already down, once they lost Powe it became hopeless.

Back