OT: Playtesters needed

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
A partner and I are looking at turning a game into an iPhone app, but we need to have some playtesting to check for rule balance, optimization, other feedback, etc.

Note - it's a very simple game, and a small/easy coding job, so we're doing the testing before we bother to code it out. It will be a little cumbersome to test, but it's easy to learn, etc.

Anyone interested send a PM.

If any of you nerds are iPhone developers and/or know objective-C (or can do Blackberry apps), my partner is willing to do it but tied up for awhile with several other projects that have actual deadlines, etc., and says he's willing to pass off the coding and slice up any percentage that may come from this (if any at all, you know the drill). It's not a gold mine, it's an interesting pass time, and should be fun, with the possibility of some money maybe someday ish. It should be roughly the easiest coding job ever.

Thanks to those who replied. I have enough, can always use/will welcome more, though.

Can kids use it? Or is it for adults?
Oh, absolutely. It's like tic-tac-toe, but without all the suck and no one ever winning stuff. It's also very addictive. For 4 players.

We're trying to tweak the scoring and board size to make sure it's fair, etc.

So, we need an I phone? Cuz my nerd husband loves to play the nintendo. Well, it's actually a 360, but I like to disrespect it and call it that.

Oh! My kid loves those games and now wants to be a game designer. I'd have her do it. But she doesn't have an iphone.
We haven't coded it into the iPhone yet, we're testing the game design itself right now. We'd literally just be sending coordinates and maybe a picture back and forth after the initial rules overview.

Alright, this is the outline:
4 player tic-tac-toe style game on a larger board, need 5 in a line to win...except you can make that line with 2 of the other 3 players - only 1 player can block you. Every "win group" is different. Points for winning with the 5 in a row, and points for each marker in the row of 5. A full game is a set of 4 or 8 games.

So what happens is there are shifting alliances - each of your allies is also allied with your enemy. So the game would be one turn at a time, with email/texting deals and plans among the players. It's all about trust and diplomacy to go with real strategy. Perfect for an iPhone app, can play fast or over time, etc.

I need fresh eyes for the playtesting before we start coding it in.

Back