OT(sorta): Just how litigious has America become?

luso2kx

Antes morrer livre que em paz sujeitos
Reaction score
Website
lusolair.blogspot.com
When, and I can bet dollars to donuts on this one, the Pats, fearing a lawsuit, allow this sea hag to try out for the cheerleaders.

patscheerleaders.jpg

You KNOW that society has gone overboard with fear of lawsuits. I mean, seriously, WHY?!?!? Why allow her to even get as far as the tryouts themselves?

Why not? :shrug: If she feels confident enough to give it a go, I've got no issue.

Now, if she was picked, that would be a different story :thwak:

it is a try-out not a guaranteed spot on the squad...big difference..... who cares if it was shauster trying-out...let them have at it

plus by not letting her, you would be playing right into a lawsuit IF she intended to persue one....I doubt that is the case

is there an article that goes with this story?

I wonder how much she won in the bet.

I love that she's wearing the skimpiest outfit of the bunch. ROFL

plus by not letting her, you would be playing right into a lawsuit IF she intended to persue one
Thus proving my point.

I mean, come on! When they are in line to submit applications with photos, right there, they should simply be able to look at her and say "uh....no".

And Fitz didn't link it right on his site so you have to go on a fishing expedition on deadspin.com to find it.

Thus proving my point.

I mean, come on! When they are in line to submit applications with photos, right there, they should simply be able to look at her and say "uh....no".

And Fitz didn't link it right on his site so you have to go on a fishing expedition on deadspin.com to find it.

I still don't understand the problem. You're assuming she went there looking for trouble. Perhaps she just figured it would be a fun thing to do. Why would they insult her by not even letting her try out? Who's it harming?

Why not? :shrug: If she feels confident enough to give it a go, I've got no issue.

Now, if she was picked, that would be a different story :thwak:
Here's where the slippery slope gets a few gallons of axle grease added to it.

Imagine she knows all the dance moves and is well choreographed. After showing how well she can dance, since they were afraid of a law suit by letting her try out, what's to say they wouldn't be afraid of one if they didn't accept her on the team after she showed how well she danced?

Again, there's TOO much fear of lawsuits in the states, and some things should really just be accepted in the "It is what it is" category, regardless what some limpwrists claim how "discriminatory" it is..................THEY'RE CHEERLEADERS!

Thus proving my point.

I said IF she had an the want to....not that she did

I assume she will be doing radio appearances soon and making money off it with a book or something...not filing up the Courts with a stupid lawsuit.

I still don't understand the problem. You're assuming she went there looking for trouble. Perhaps she just figured it would be a fun thing to do. Why would they insult her by not even letting her try out? Who's it harming?
I wouldn't be surprised if she DID go there thinking she wouldn't be allowed to try out and had her ambulance chaser on speed dial for such a scenario.

DTA, that's how you approach this.

Here's where the slippery slope gets a few gallons of axle grease added to it.

Imagine she knows all the dance moves and is well choreographed. After showing how well she can dance, since they were afraid of a law suit by letting her try out, what's to say they wouldn't be afraid of one if they didn't accept her on the team after she showed how well she danced?

Again, there's TOO much fear of lawsuits in the states, and some things should really just be accepted in the "It is what it is" category, regardless what some limpwrists claim how "discriminatory" it is..................THEY'RE CHEERLEADERS!
well while we are throwing sh!t out there...I heard she was BB's side love interest he shares with Brady

The New England Patriots held open cheerleader tryouts today and it appears one woman, 41-years-spry-and-sassy, Shelly Lawlor, feels she's up to the challenge. Good for her?

Lawlor was on one of 300 women to show up at Dana Farber Fieldhouse this morning for a chance to strap on the red and blue hot pants for the 2009 season.

One thing's for certain, the delightful Miss Lawlor probably won't be found wielding a magic marker over a passed out individual in a dorm room. So she's got that going for her.

http://deadspin.com/5162107/oh-lady-this-probably-wasnt-a-good-idea

---------------------------------------------------

yeah good thing she is too old to be dorm drunk writing and drawing all over a passed out fellow student....

sorry if this sound wrong Luso but based on many post you seem to not trust women, might be why so many you find are not trustworthy

12 bud Lights and she looks prettty good through beer goggles

I meant with my car, if she was crossing the street..

Seriously - good for her for having the 'stones' to tryout..

Back