OT: Southern Maine v. Northern Maine

Its bird feeder season!!!
ROFL

Here Gomez, come and get it!

bear3.jpg

We have been supporting those Northern Maine leaches for too long. They can join Canada and take their black flies with them.

And Clare, they can take those Old Town Injuns with them too. Hell they can have the name of the state, we will call ourselves the State of Happy.

Would it be fair to say that Northern Maine is lots and lots of wilderness? I say that as someone who has yet to visit the US...

Also, serious question: have you ever seen a black bear in the wild?

Yup, one came bounding out of the woods on the 12th fairway when I was playing golf at the local CC. I had just tee up the ball. Lucky for him I was not in my address or I would have been royally pissed.

The next year on the same fairway my daughter was playing for the first time and a fox come out and just walked right down the fairway like he owned the place. She asked me if that happened all the time, then I told her about the bear she hasn't wanted to play that hole since.

That's funny! What does he do for work? LOL

They usually send our people on lil dinky airplanes when going up there. Driving to Orono was bad enough for me forget Caribou LOL

He works with computers, actually. (I know, right? You'd have thought he was some kind of potato farmer or something. lol)

He went to Daniel Webster college in Nashua, NH and my sister went to Rivier (Also in Nashua). They met when she went to a party at DWC.

He's a really nice guy and a great brother-in-law.

They live & work in Manchester (NH) now, so thankfully no more drives up to Caribou for me!

I have friends who live Calais ME and they are very wierd... My friend Eddie was the guy who asked me "Have you ever took a shit that felt so good that It felt like a giant dick coming out of your ass, and that you wanted to take a piece of TP, and push it back in?" I never once in my life ever thought such a thing,but thanks to the Maine boys my mind is forever damaged...

I had a big mother charge my son and myself on our back lawn(with a cub)....I turned to tell him to run,and all I saw was his tighty whities scrambling up the hill and leaving his dad for the bear.....smart kid....:)

LOL! Scary, though. I guess the cub was the reason for the bear charging?

Yup, one came bounding out of the woods on the 12th fairway when I was playing golf at the local CC. I had just tee up the ball. Lucky for him I was not in my address or I would have been royally pissed.

The next year on the same fairway my daughter was playing for the first time and a fox come out and just walked right down the fairway like he owned the place. She asked me if that happened all the time, then I told her about the bear she hasn't wanted to play that hole since.

I can see why your daughter would be put off!! I seem to remember reading that bears don't actually kill that many people in North America (not that I would want to meet one face to face).

As for foxes, we have loads near us; they have learned to adapt to the city environment and they can always find stuff to eat. In fact, one woke us up on Wednesday morning, doing that weird sound they do. I like foxes, but not at 0430. :mad:

In all seriousness, I'm itching to see Maine...

I can see why your daughter would be put off!! I seem to remember reading that bears don't actually kill that many people in North America (not that I would want to meet one face to face).

As for foxes, we have loads near us; they have learned to adapt to the city environment and they can always find stuff to eat. In fact, one woke us up on Wednesday morning, doing that weird sound they do. I like foxes, but not at 0430. :mad:

In all seriousness, I'm itching to see Maine...

It's a really beautiful place....if you like water and woods.I couldn't think of a better place to have raised my family.:)

We have been supporting those Northern Maine leaches for too long. They can join Canada and take their black flies with them.

And Clare, they can take those Old Town Injuns with them too. Hell they can have the name of the state, we will call ourselves the State of Happy.

Maybe if you southern ****ers hadn't jacked up the enviromental standards to the point where no industry can stay in the state you wouldn't have too

As a person who grew up in Presque Isle (adjacent to Caribou) I'd like to point out that Northern Maine is actually seceeding from Southern Maine, and every one in Maine hates everyone from Mass. so calling Southern Maine Northern Mass. is a huge jab at them
haha. So true

Dover-Foxcroft native

I have a summer property in coastal Maine-all my neighbors there are from Mass/Conn/NY and RI. Most of these towns from York to OOB rely on the taxes paid by out-of-staters (and Canadians). This is simply a money grab to keep the out of state money in the coastal towns coffers.

We are so going to have to do a trip to some of the more remote parts of New England when we come over.

Check out...

Baxter State Park - Big wilderness preserve way "up there" past Bangor. Home of Mt. Katahdin, the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail and, IMO, the most beautiful peak east of the Mississippi. Not a whole lot to do if you're going for something tourist-y, but worth a day trip at least.

Acadia National Park - The area around Bar Harbor... beautiful seaside cliffs (though it may remind you too much of home!), lots of hotels, restaurants, shops, etc.

White Mountain National Forest
- In NH, not as isolated as Maine but the highest peaks in the Northeast and lots of spectacular scenery. For more of a sense of isolation, stick with Vermont or Maine.

Check out...

Baxter State Park - Big wilderness preserve way "up there" past Bangor. Home of Mt. Katahdin, the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail and, IMO, the most beautiful peak east of the Mississippi. Not a whole lot to do if you're going for something tourist-y, but worth a day trip at least.

Bangor is the Geographic Center of the State you fool

Back