OT 'Survivor' Goes To China, Official thread

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
Any Survivor fans here?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/20/earlyshow/main3281059.shtml

(CBS) "Survivor" has taken its audience to almost every corner of the world -- from Thailand to Africa and Guatemala to Panama -- but this season is sure be different.

Not just for the viewers, but for the record books.

The 15th season of the hit reality show will be the first American TV series to be filmed entirely in China, its host, Jeff Probst, told The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith. After years of rejecting the CBS program's efforts to film inside the country, China officials at long last said yes, though Probst does not know why the country changed its mind.

"We've been trying to get in there," Probst said. "I don't know why they finally said yes. I don't know if it's because the Olympics are coming up and they want to open their arms or if they've watched 'Survivor' and thought we've always treated other countries well."

More surprisingly, China officials did not hang over the show's shoulder during production, Probst said, aside from one minor incident involving a cultural difference.

"They had a rule that any representative at any time could look at any tape they wanted to make sure we were portraying China in a positive light," Probst said. "We did a gross food-eating challenge and they heard it and thought gross food-eating? This is not gross, this is our normal everyday lunch (China said). We had to explain that it's a cultural thing we (Americans) don't eat."

The difficulties that the cast confronts in the upcoming season, including fishing for food, moldy rice and extreme heat, has generated positive reviews from critics, Probst said.

He also had a few things to say about some members of the cast, which has also been praised by critics:

On Jean-Robert Bellande, a profession poker player: "He thinks just because he was a poker player, he can read anybody. That guy is gold. He's the guy you go to tribal council every time because he'll give you something."

On Todd Herzog, a flight attendant: "(He) is a 'Survivor' fanatic. He was like 13 when the show started. He knows everything about 'Survivor' and it comes into play. He can tell you, merges always happen on this day and this always happens here."

On Frosti Zernow, a Parkour student-athlete: "He's hardcore … He jumps over things and he's very aerobatic."

On provocatively-clad Ashley Massaro, a professional WWE wrestler: "She was the girl in with the knee-high boots, fishnet stockings. This is 'Survivor' and you won't forget her."

On waitress Courtney Yates: "From New York City, a girl after my own heart."

The season premiere of "Survivor: China" is tonight 8 p.m. EST.

I love Survivor! Can't wait for the show to start tonight. I've only seen one or 2 commercials and it seemed like they have a lot of pushy and outspoken people on this one...

NESportsfan on 09-20-2007 at 02:33 PM said:
I love Survivor! Can't wait for the show to start tonight. I've only seen one or 2 commercials and it seemed like they have a lot of pushy and outspoken people on this one...

I hope there is some good F’N backstabbing going on this year

Didn't watch last season. I guess I've finally gotten tired of it. I may check it out again. Here's the requisite New Englander:

Denise

Home Town: Douglas, MA

Bio

Denise Martin was born and raised in Revere, Massachusetts. She attended Revere High School, Class of 1985. She spent one year at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and then attended Wentworth Institute of Technology, where she received a certificate in Technical School/Telecommunication Electronics.

Martin rides her scooter to her job as a lunch lady for fourth through seventh graders. This involves preparing and serving lunch, along with cleaning the kitchen, five days a week. She previously worked as a short-order cook and a central office technician for a phone company. She also operated and maintained a video game route at eight different colleges, repairing and maintaining video games and juke boxes.

Martin is a Second Degree Black Belt in American Kenpo Karate. She is a student at Revere Karate Academy in Revere. She recently opened her own karate school, Douglas Karate Club. She is a member of the International Kenpo Karate Association. Her hobbies include collecting Budweiser memorabilia, axe and knife throwing, stick fighting, and playing sports with her three daughters. She is an avid Red Sox and Patriots fan; she even named her dachshund Tedy Bruschi K9. She describes herself as competitive, outgoing, strong-willed and determined.

Martin currently resides in Douglas, Massachusetts with her husband of 16 years, Robert. They have three daughters, Erin, 13; Emily, 10; and Samantha, 9. Her birth date is May 5, 1967.

Bradys Bunch on 09-20-2007 at 02:34 PM said:
I havent watched this show since the first season

Try it this year because there are some babes with :Ohbaby: that BF80 would be proud of:thumb:

bideau* on 09-20-2007 at 02:37 PM said:
Didn't watch last season. I guess I've finally gotten tired of it. I may check it out again. Here's the requisite New Englander:

you left out her pic

bideau* on 09-20-2007 at 02:37 PM said:

WOW she looks like she could rip OldDirtyRG a new one with out the help of *mikiemo83

I have watched every season. Looking forward to this one. Thanks for the thread and the heads-up. :)

I already know who I am routing for, Ashley Masscaro

ashley7qh2.jpg

Undertaker #59* on 09-20-2007 at 02:50 PM said:
I have watched every season. Looking forward to this one. Thanks for the thread and the heads-up. :)

Same here, and I was Hoping you wouldn’t mind the thread. Thanks U T

"I hope there is some good F’N backstabbing going on this year"

It looks like it could be over-the-top with backstabbing!

patsload on 09-20-2007 at 01:44 PM said:
you left out her pic

Here's to hopin' she doesn't have an assfro and/or smell like a mcdonalds cheeseburger.

Annihilus* on 09-20-2007 at 03:30 PM said:
Here's to hopin' she doesn't have an assfro and/or smell like a mcdonalds cheeseburger.

ROFL

If you get voted off, do you become a political prisoner of the government for the next 30 years?

Cuz i might watch it then. Maybe.

Not a big fan of Survivor. I always thought it was a way for dumb people to become famous, and TV executives to be lazy.

Back