Other Teams' Fans

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Well, I'm just starting this so that if any of our resident fans of other teams show up and cruise this place, I hope they know that this isn't just a big Patriots circle jerk. I hope that they will post up here, too, as they always have in the other forum.

I know there's some resistance to this, but I hope they're not boycotting the football forum. It's for FOOTBALL, not just Patriots football.

Well, I'm just starting this so that if any of our resident fans of other teams show up and cruise this place, I hope they know that this isn't just a big Patriots circle jerk. I hope that they will post up here, too, as they always have in the other forum.

I know there's some resistance to this, but I hope they're not boycotting the football forum. It's for FOOTBALL, not just Patriots football.
Well put :rockon:

Colts fans are a different breed. I give Matou a pass because she's from somewhere else and says funny stuff.

I think it will be interesting to see if this new setup brings in additional fans of other teams. I hope it does but one never knows if along with that comes the Dashoe's of teh cyber world

I think it will be interesting to see if this new setup brings in additional fans of other teams. I hope it does but one never knows if along with that comes the Dashoe's of teh cyber world

Careful what you wish for. :high:

Or does it become a Patriots Love Fest with any opposing opinion being shouted down ala Middy.

"I love the Patriots!"

"Me too, they are teh awesome"

"I love Tom Brady and is teh bestest"

"Me too, but I think he's the bestest of all time"

"I hate every other team"

"Me too they are teh suck"

[poster of the Chargers]..."I think it will be a great game coming up and I think they the Chargers will win"

"Chargers are teh suck, they are not classy, they choke, the Patriots are teh best"

[poster of the Chargers]..."well I just think that the gam....."

"STFU! This is a Patriots board, if you want to talk about teh Chargers I bet they have a board where your opinion counts do beat it!"

"Now where were we, oh yeah, I love teh Patriots!"

I guess we will have to see but I for one refuse to be a poster of a board that is 100% Patriots all the time...it's one of the reasons I post Diva Threads and Bust threads...just to change stuff up a little.

No one here is gonna tell me anything I don't already know about the Pats. I have been to the last 170+ home games and I love to death but I'm not about to become an opinionless Homer.

Well said. Nothing is worse than mindless homerism. There are plenty of other places to read about your <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_0" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" leohighlights_keywords="team" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dteam%26domain%3Dwww.patriotsplanet.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dteam%26domain%3Dwww.patriotsplanet.com" leohighlights_underline="true">team</leo_highlight> if that's what you are into.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Or does it become a Patriots Love Fest with any opposing opinion being shouted down ala Middy.

"I love the Patriots!"

[poster of the Chargers]..."I think it will be a great game coming up and I think they the Chargers will win"

"Chargers are teh suck, they are not classy, they choke, the Patriots are teh best"

"STFU! This is a Patriots board, if you want to talk about teh Chargers I bet they have a board where your opinion counts do beat it!"

I guess we will have to see but I for one refuse to be a poster of a board that is 100% Patriots all the time...it's one of the reasons I post Diva Threads and Bust threads...just to change stuff up a little.

No one here is gonna tell me anything I don't already know about the Pats. I have been to the last 170+ home games and I love to death but I'm not about to become an opinionless Homer.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants this to be a Patriots love fest here, SOKB. I know I don't. The thing is as a member here, I want this to work. And because there's been an exodus to another board where everyone can sit and bash this place, it kind of speaks to how self-centered some people can be...they want it their way, and if they can't have it their way, dammit, they're gonna leave. It's too bad they didn't take the time to realize that while they're all bitching about the circle jerk over here, they're in a big fat one somewhere else all by themselves.

Everyone hates change, but I like football and banter, and if this is how it's going to be here, I'm willing to do my best to make it work. I hope other people will start to see it that way.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants this to be a Patriots love fest here, SOKB. I know I don't. The thing is as a member here, I want this to work. And because there's been an exodus to another board where everyone can sit and bash this place, it kind of speaks to how self-centered some people can be...they want it their way, and if they can't have it their way, dammit, they're gonna leave. It's too bad they didn't take the time to realize that while they're all bitching about the circle jerk over here, they're in a big fat one somewhere else all by themselves.

Everyone hates change, but I like football and banter, and if this is how it's going to be here, I'm willing to do my best to make it work. I hope other people will start to see it that way.
I signed up over there cuz I want a place to talk politics. I haven't bashed this place over there just 2 posters from here that I feel were primarily responsible for this...whatever the hell it is.

People need to understand that there is a huge battle going on about the direction of this country. This country is changing dramtically and unprecedentedly. I never care about politics until a few years after 9/11 because the country was just same in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

But not anymore. In in the scheme of things, whether our coutry succeeds or crumbles seems 1000 times more important than who is going to be OLB starting day.

This will probabaly earn me a strike or whatever but it's not really a political rant it's just my personal reason for signing up at another board.

If I just crossed the line I apologize, but I want everyone to know I'm not over there bashing this place cuz I feel I helped build up this place to what is was a few days ago.

"I love the Patriots!"

Why would it be any different than it was before we renamed the already existing draft forum to the 'Football Only' forum and started putting general football posts here? IMO this will attract MORE football fans from other teams, but we will not know that until the season kicks off.

We've stated many times this week that this is a 'Football First' forum, not a 'Patriots First' forum. Not sure where that misconception came from or why people are trying to perpetuate that conversation.

I personally do not want to have discussions of other boards here in this forum, I am sure there are more than one discussing what has gone on here the past few days so to isolate one as a discussion point is foolish

I will say that new fans are welcome, encouraged to join and post their thoughts, that no longer are the personal attacks allowed - dump on the team but not the poster

and SOKB, I personally do not want the circle forming and that is why I encourage opposing fans

I learn more from them at times because they are seeing things we miss, stuff our homerism blinders block

I signed up over there cuz I want a place to talk politics. I haven't bashed this place over there just 2 posters from here that I feel were primarily responsible for this...whatever the hell it is.

People need to understand that there is a huge battle going on about the direction of this country. This country is changing dramtically and unprecedentedly. I never care about politics until a few years after 9/11 because the country was just same in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

But not anymore. In in the scheme of things, whether our coutry succeeds or crumbles seems 1000 times more important than who is going to be OLB starting day.

This will probabaly earn me a strike or whatever but it's not really a political rant it's just my personal reason for signing up at another board.

If I just crossed the line I apologize, but I want everyone to know I'm not over there bashing this place cuz I feel I helped build up this place to what is was a few days ago.

I wasn't accusing you specifically, so sorry if you took it that way. I know this isn't the place to be posting it, but my feeling is if everyone just relaxes a bit and things start to get back to normal, there is a good chance that the forum that was taken off the table to discuss those things in will be back. I stopped going in there a long time ago, but I understand that people don't want to talk football all day all the time. If the board gets to some median baseline as far as civility and hostility, in all of the forums, I think it will be considered. I don't think the mods are unreasonable and will be open to it.

One of the bigger problems that I would attribute to just about everything is that familiarity breeds contempt, and in hindsight I can see that that's what was happening across the board.

Sorry for hijacking, but it seemed the right place to respond.

Why would it be any different than it was before we renamed the already existing draft forum to the 'Football Only' forum and started putting general football posts here? IMO this will attract MORE football fans from other teams, but we will not know that until the season kicks off.

We've stated many times this week that this is a 'Football First' forum, not a 'Patriots First' forum. Not sure where that misconception came from or why people are trying to perpetuate that conversation.
Just what the grapevine thinks. And to be honest, i have had to defend numerous friends of mine through the years here as it was. Quality posters like tmack and Jaric and BY and a few other from the homer attacks. You obviously know one of the posters...but there were others.

And now that the board has changed I think they feel even more alienated than before for some reason (I know you want to know the exact reason but I don't know that)

I'm not sure many people realize the balls, thick skin, restraint and writing style that being a member of an opposing board requires.

I do.

Look up my very first post on PP and you will see that. One of the reasons I came here is cuz I "retired" from doing battle on opposing boards.

Philly, Carolina, Colts, Buffalo, Pitts, SD, Denver.

It's hard to earn respect on another board and all it takes is some dingaling ala "the one who shall remain nameless" to undue all that hard work. The wolfpack mentality ensues and they feel alienated.

For every SF87 I brought here there were 10 others that were awesome people and I feel bad for them that they think that they won't be welcomed here anymore.

Just what the grapevine thinks. And to be honest, i have had to defend numerous friends of mine through the years here as it was. Quality posters like tmack and Jaric and BY and a few other from the homer attacks. You obviously know one of the posters...but there were others.

And now that the board has changed I think they feel even more alienated than before for some reason (I know you want to know the exact reason but I don't know that)

I'm not sure many people realize the balls, thick skin, restraint and writing style that being a member of an opposing board requires.

I do.

Look up my very first post on PP and you will see that. One of the reasons I came here is cuz I "retired" from doing battle on opposing boards.

Philly, Carolina, Colts, Buffalo, Pitts, SD, Denver.

It's hard to earn respect on another board and all it takes is some dingaling ala "the one who shall remain nameless" to undue all that hard work. The wolfpack mentality ensues and they feel alienated.

For every SF87 I brought here there were 10 others that were awesome people and I feel bad for them that they think that they won't be welcomed here anymore.

I get all that, but it still doesn't speak to how this setup would be any more of a 'Patriots' circle-jerk than it was before, and as a matter of fact, I think you're the first one to suggest it that I've seen.

I have seen some comments about it now being a 'football circle-jerk' here in the football forum, but to be honest with you, I don't think that that is an insult, nor do I think it's true. It's working exactly as it was intended. :shrug:

If I were rich, I'd bet you my house that we will see the same non-Patriot fans visiting this forum this coming season that we have in the past and more. But that's just my opinion, I guess we'll see.

maybe a title of 'Welcome Football Fans Pro/College/HighSchool/PopWarner

I draw the line at pop warner. If that stuff starts up i am outta here!! :blink:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

People like Jaric and Tmack and others are awesome people and a part of who this board is and has been. Why would they feel not welcome or excluded? I think they've always been treated as valued members rather than fans of opposing teams, but that's just my perception. They're great guys, and I hope I see again soon, whether it's here or on the 3RC.

Back