P. Rivers had surgery last Monday!

pookie

Incompetent
Reaction score
I don't think has turned up here yet, but man does this ever reinforce that Rivers really did a gutsy thing yesterday. Rivers underwent surgery on his torn ligament last Monday. Meanwhile, LdT, while not needing any surgery sulked on the bench and offered no encouragement to his teammates, etc....

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said Monday that he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee a week ago in order to play in the AFC Championship Game, and that he'll need surgery on the torn anterior cruciate ligament in the same joint.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3207105

They F'd with the injury report BIG TIME this week. I wonder if there will be any reprecussions from the NFL...say a #1 and $500,000.00

Sounds about right to me.

pookie* on 01-21-2008 at 04:06 PM said:
I don't think has turned up here yet, but man does this ever reinforce that Rivers really did a gutsy thing yesterday. Rivers underwent surgery on his torn ligament last Monday. Meanwhile, LdT, while not needing any surgery sulked on the bench and offered no encouragement to his teammates, etc....

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said Monday that he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee a week ago in order to play in the AFC Championship Game, and that he'll need surgery on the torn anterior cruciate ligament in the same joint.

Makes LdT look like even more of a pussy, if that's possible.

Rivers is a weird guy. I heard this morning on WEEI that he only has sex to procreate and never, ever swears. I guess he is some religious guy. Apparently lying is ok though.

Rivers got balls operate on monday and practice following Friday... play 6 days later wow

Meanwhile, LdT, while not needing any surgery sulked on the bench and offered no encouragement to his teammates . . .

For me, that was the most rancid part of his little pout. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was physically unable to be out there, at a minimum, he should have contributed his MORAL SUPPORT to his teammates. How about a little pacing (hobbling) of the sidelines, cheering them on and coaching them up. His Black Cloud impression was a vibrational downer of the worst sort and implied that he assumed SD would lose before the game was even half started. Poor, poor sportsmanship from Mr. Classy himself. :mad:

and Lt can't even stand up and clap his hands a couple of times?

Wow. That's a Schilling-bloody-sock move right there. :clap:

You've got way too big of a mouth, Rivers, but you've got stones, I'll give you that.

Reminds me of when Drew had a broken finger and played with pins inserted into it, and it gave him problems 'cause the pins were shifting or sticking out or something.

Re: Re: P. Rivers had surgery last Monday!

oldbagfan on 01-21-2008 at 01:18 PM said:
For me, that was the most rancid part of his little pout. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was physically unable to be out there, at a minimum, he should have contributed his MORAL SUPPORT to his teammates. How about a little pacing (hobbling) of the sidelines, cheering them on and coaching them up. His Black Cloud impression was a vibrational downer of the worst sort and implied that he assumed SD would lose before the game was even half started. Poor, poor sportsmanship from Mr. Classy himself. :mad:

I don't think he was there. I think they just put a rack on the bench with a black faceplate helmet on top, and one of those crazy wardrobe bag looking jackets draped over it, and that's all we were seeing during the game. No way there was an actual person under there.

JD10367 on 01-21-2008 at 03:21 PM said:
Wow. That's a Schilling-bloody-sock move right there. :clap:

You've got way too big of a mouth, Rivers, but you've got stones, I'll give you that.

Reminds me of when Drew had a broken finger and played with pins inserted into it, and it gave him problems 'cause the pins were shifting or sticking out or something.

Ya, I remember that. I went to the game in St Louis where Bledsoe finally had to be removed from the game because the pins in his broken finger had come through his skin and were sticking out.

Pretty ballsy.

Re: Re: Re: P. Rivers had surgery last Monday!

(P - shoulder)† on 01-21-2008 at 04:23 PM said:
I don't think he was there. I think they just put a rack on the bench with a black faceplate helmet on top, and one of those crazy wardrobe bag looking jackets draped over it, and that's all we were seeing during the game. No way there was an actual person under there.

Hey, ya know, you must be right! Kind of like a football scarecrow or something. But it never moved or made any sound at all. Even Darth Vader can be heard breathing. But that thing was a dummy all along! :eek:

[at any second, I thought his teammates were going to be filing by single file to view the remains...]

Rivers showed lots of balls, LdT didn't show any..

pookie* on 01-21-2008 at 04:25 PM said:
Ya, I remember that. I went to the game in St Louis where Bledsoe finally had to be removed from the game because the pins in his broken finger had come through his skin and were sticking out.

Pretty ballsy.

yeah Zolak started in the playoffs

Jammer on 01-21-2008 at 04:14 PM said:
Rivers got balls operate on monday and practice following Friday... play 6 days later wow

they operated on his balls? :eek:

Gotta give props to Rivers for having balls the size of grapefruits. Must mention however, I don't think I've ever seen anybody throw a football in a more fvcked up fashion, I cannot see how he can be accurate with that windup.

While I do agree that LdT should of hobbled around cheering on his teammates - he had no business being in the game. The difference between Rivers job and LdT's is night and day.

Rivers definitely gave a gutsy performance yesterday if he in fact had a scope last week.

But is there any truth to the rumor that the wrong surgery was performed and he was really supposed to have his mouth sewed shut.:D

Payment in full Jaric!:D

Now saying Rivers had "NO" acl for pats game.
Billy Volek must be like WTF?
How disrespected can you get?

Rivers with no ACL > Volek?

Did Rivers make a single pass while on the move?

Back