Patrick Mahomes Voted #1 NFL's top 100

It’s a legitimate question. How exactly did Brady become a douche? I’m truly interested.

I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for this discussion but I will drop the basics of my thought on this subject as I like you and you asked.

Brady's newly minted TB12 persona began running afoul of any and all sensibilities of the Patriot way while he was here and now his persona has led him to be a bitter ex acting like a fool in a number of ways and openly taking potshots at his "former employer" as he is wont to call the Pats in tremendous disrespect for all this organization provided for him.

I was ready for this divorce for about 2 years as he became a diva the likes of which he never was. And now, to my mind he is comporting himself so poorly as to be worthy of my derision.

Was it a popularity contest like prom king and queen in high school? If so, that makes sense.

It’s a legitimate question. How exactly did Brady become a douche? I’m truly interested.

The Cliff Notes version was that he (IMO) checked out on his teammates during the 2019 season by failing to give his best effort on the field while plotting his exit strategy. I paid 1300 bucks to sit in the stands and watch him throw the ball away anytime anybody got close to him. That was the worst thing -- he phoned in an entire season while preserving himself for his next team.

The other thing that stuck in my craw is that he refused to mention this team by name, using euphemisms like "the team I used to be employed by" (multiple times) in a very offended, prissy way, which was pathetic. There have been plenty of great QBs like Peyton and Favre that played for different teams and you never saw them acting like that. Everybody knows what team he played for, but he wasn't going to foul the air by speaking the name of the team that helped him become the GOAT, etc., etc.

There are plenty of other examples I could cite of his ego running amok, but it bothered me that he got slavish adulation from the fans here for two decades and never really showed us who he was as a person, always acting like he was on point and being very careful with every syllable that escaped his mouth. Then he goes to Tampa for one season and is yucking it up with Gronkie like he's a stand-up comic and getting shitfaced in public. He was a grown-ass man here and CHOSE to be a football robot, yet he gloats that now he's finally free to express himself.

I'm done with making excuses for that High Elf. I can't wait to cash in on my game 4 ticket and let some rube pay two grand to sit there and watch the biggest phony in Patriots history.

We're onto Mac Jones.
I'll try an answer. Have the veteran 2021 #4 player (#1 in league history) who has been to ten superbowls and won seven up against the 2021 #1 (still a babe in ARMs). The #4 is up against the the team that #4s team crushed last year. Number#1 ran miles in the wrong direction and never stood a chance in that game. #4s whole team is back. Last year was a whole new system for #4. He Now has it down cold. Kellerman's cliff has finally died a horribly painful death. There is now a universally accepted rule in the matter of NFL betting: Never, ever, ever, bet against TFB. But be our guest.

Cheesr

Yes, I like this polling much better than most but that does not change the fact that players like anyone else by into demography.

I'll try an answer. Have the veteran 2021 #4 player (#1 in league history) who has been to ten superbowls and won seven up against the 2021 #1 (still a babe in ARMs). The #4 is up against the the team that #4s team crushed last year. Number#1 ran miles in the wrong direction and never stood a chance in that game. #4s whole team is back. Last year was a whole new system for #4. He Now has it down cold. Kellerman's cliff has finally died a horribly painful death. There is now a universally accepted rule in the matter of NFL betting: Never, ever, ever, bet against TFB. But be our guest.

Cheesr
Derrick Henry has not been to 10 SB's . In fact I don't believe he's been to any at all.

The Cliff Notes version was that he (IMO) checked out on his teammates during the 2019 season by failing to give his best effort on the field while plotting his exit strategy. I paid 1300 bucks to sit in the stands and watch him throw the ball away anytime anybody got close to him. That was the worst thing -- he phoned in an entire season while preserving himself for his next team.

The other thing that stuck in my craw is that he refused to mention this team by name, using euphemisms like "the team I used to be employed by" (multiple times) in a very offended, prissy way, which was pathetic. There have been plenty of great QBs like Peyton and Favre that played for different teams and you never saw them acting like that. Everybody knows what team he played for, but he wasn't going to foul the air by speaking the name of the team that helped him become the GOAT, etc., etc.

There are plenty of other examples I could cite of his ego running amok, but it bothered me that he got slavish adulation from the fans here for two decades and never really showed us who he was as a person, always acting like he was on point and being very careful with every syllable that escaped his mouth. Then he goes to Tampa for one season and is yucking it up with Gronkie like he's a stand-up comic and getting shitfaced in public. He was a grown-ass man here and CHOSE to be a football robot, yet he gloats that now he's finally free to express himself.

I'm done with making excuses for that High Elf. I can't wait to cash in on my game 4 ticket and let some rube pay two grand to sit there and watch the biggest phony in Patriots history.

Yes, this. Thank you for laying out out some of my thoughts.

Ok, here I am. tell me how Brady beats him in the SB.

Man it must suck to have 2 of the top 10 players in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce, according to the players themselves, and still not be able to score a single touchdown in the Super Bowl. How embarrassing. That was with Tyreek Hill, too. I notice though that everyone talks about Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Patrick Mahomes... and no one else. I notice that Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill were covered in the Super Bowl, and Mahomes ran around for 500 years (legends say he's still running around, extending a play even now), and no one else Ever got open. I notice that despite consistent tight coverage on them, often double coverage, all other KC WRs and TEs Combined for a total of 41 yards (off 18 attempts!), and the only way the ball was moved at all was by forcing it to those two via heroics.

You've got 2 more years before the 3 of them combine for an 80 million cap hit, so they had better be good. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, as has been clearly demonstrated, having 3 good players isn't enough to win the Super Bowl. And please, spare me regarding the Chiefs offensive line. They fired the people who Didn't Play, and hired new people to replace their Injured Starters. The quality of the starters was never the issue, it was Depth. The Chiefs are front loaded, and their backups can't cut it, so if they suffer any injuries (to their one half decent RB, their O Line, or heaven forbid Hill, Kelce, or Mahomes) their season is over. In football, good luck with that. Add to all of that, their defense just isn't good, and was not substantially improved this offseason because they were so focused on their non-existent O Line :ROFLMAO: Finished 22nd in DVOA last year, and got torn up to the tune of 31 points in the Super Bowl, and no one is even talking about it because the offense was so bad :ROFLMAO:

So yeah, that's how they lose, you cover Kelce and Hill, and rip through their subpar defense. I know, I know, who am I as a Patriots fan to talk, it's not like we made a bunch of waves last year, but let's be real. You and I both know that the Patriots had nowhere near the talent on the roster the Chiefs did based on those same rankings, and we both know the gap between the Patriots and Chiefs has already diminished from where it was a year ago. I'm just saying bragging about how you have the best player in the NFL and STILL can't get it done seems a little weird to me.

(BTW all of that in good fun, good to have you around, you did ask for it :rofl:)

Man it must suck to have 2 of the top 10 players in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce, according to the players themselves, and still not be able to score a single touchdown in the Super Bowl. How embarrassing. That was with Tyreek Hill, too. I notice though that everyone talks about Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Patrick Mahomes... and no one else. I notice that Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill were covered in the Super Bowl, and Mahomes ran around for 500 years (legends say he's still running around, extending a play even now), and no one else Ever got open. I notice that despite consistent tight coverage on them, often double coverage, all other KC WRs and TEs Combined for a total of 41 yards (off 18 attempts!), and the only way the ball was moved at all was by forcing it to those two via heroics.

You've got 2 more years before the 3 of them combine for an 80 million cap hit, so they had better be good. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, as has been clearly demonstrated, having 3 good players isn't enough to win the Super Bowl. And please, spare me regarding the Chiefs offensive line. They fired the people who Didn't Play, and hired new people to replace their Injured Starters. The quality of the starters was never the issue, it was Depth. The Chiefs are front loaded, and their backups can't cut it, so if they suffer any injuries (to their one half decent RB, their O Line, or heaven forbid Hill, Kelce, or Mahomes) their season is over. In football, good luck with that. Add to all of that, their defense just isn't good, and was not substantially improved this offseason because they were so focused on their non-existent O Line :ROFLMAO: Finished 22nd in DVOA last year, and got torn up to the tune of 31 points in the Super Bowl, and no one is even talking about it because the offense was so bad :ROFLMAO:

So yeah, that's how they lose, you cover Kelce and Hill, and rip through their subpar defense. I know, I know, who am I as a Patriots fan to talk, it's not like we made a bunch of waves last year, but let's be real. You and I both know that the Patriots had nowhere near the talent on the roster the Chiefs did based on those same rankings, and we both know the gap between the Patriots and Chiefs has already diminished from where it was a year ago. I'm just saying bragging about how you have the best player in the NFL and STILL can't get it done seems a little weird to me.

(BTW all of that in good fun, good to have you around, you did ask for it :rofl:)
You go G.O.!

Hey did you see that play where Mahomes flew like superman and threw a perfect spiral and hit our dumbass RB #31 right in the face mask? If he had just caught it , that would have been legend. Anyway , thanks for rubbing it in. Mahomes is #1

Hey did you see that play where Mahomes flew like superman and threw a perfect spiral and hit our dumbass RB #31 right in the face mask? If he had just caught it , that would have been legend. Anyway , thanks for rubbing it in. Mahomes is #1

Glad you are back and posting again man. You're fun.

I think currently he absolutely is #1.

Back