Patriots 2023 HOF Nominees Named

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
I still can't fully support Parcells for the Patriots Hall although I'm softening a bit.

Two former players and a former head coach have been selected as finalists for this year's induction into the Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon Technologies. This year's finalists (listed in alphabetical order) are offensive lineman Logan Mankins, head coach Bill Parcells and linebacker Mike Vrabel.

All three finalists have been selected by the nomination committee as finalists before. For Vrabel, this year marks his seventh straight time as a finalist (2016-20, 22-23), while Parcells was nominated for the fifth time (2011-12, 2014, 2020 and 2023) and Mankins for the second straight time (2022-23).

Starting today, Patriots fans are encouraged to vote for the Patriots finalist most deserving of Hall of Fame induction. Fans can vote on the Patriots website 2023 Patriots Hall of Fame Ballot through midnight EDT on May 2. The team will announce the fans' selection of the 2023 Patriots Hall of Famer later that week.

This year's inductee will join Dante Scarnecchia, who was named as a contributor to the Patriots Hall of Fame by Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft during the selection committee meeting. Scarnecchia became the 33rd person to be named to the Patriots Hall of Fame. This year's induction ceremony will be held on the Enel Plaza outside the Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon Technologies. The outdoor ceremony is free and open to the public. Patriots fans of all ages are welcome and encouraged to attend. The date and time of this year's ceremony will be announced at a later date.

I still can't fully support Parcells for the Patriots Hall although I'm softening a bit.

Two former players and a former head coach have been selected as finalists for this year's induction into the Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon Technologies. This year's finalists (listed in alphabetical order) are offensive lineman Logan Mankins, head coach Bill Parcells and linebacker Mike Vrabel.

All three finalists have been selected by the nomination committee as finalists before. For Vrabel, this year marks his seventh straight time as a finalist (2016-20, 22-23), while Parcells was nominated for the fifth time (2011-12, 2014, 2020 and 2023) and Mankins for the second straight time (2022-23).

Starting today, Patriots fans are encouraged to vote for the Patriots finalist most deserving of Hall of Fame induction. Fans can vote on the Patriots website 2023 Patriots Hall of Fame Ballot through midnight EDT on May 2. The team will announce the fans' selection of the 2023 Patriots Hall of Famer later that week.

This year's inductee will join Dante Scarnecchia, who was named as a contributor to the Patriots Hall of Fame by Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft during the selection committee meeting. Scarnecchia became the 33rd person to be named to the Patriots Hall of Fame. This year's induction ceremony will be held on the Enel Plaza outside the Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon Technologies. The outdoor ceremony is free and open to the public. Patriots fans of all ages are welcome and encouraged to attend. The date and time of this year's ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Absolutely not. Traitor.

Parcells, I mean.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is, Bill Parcells was a great coach. I was so psyched when he was chosen as coach. I'd pick him into the Patriots Hall Of Fame. Was he perfect? No.
It's hard not to pick Mike Vrabel. He was a great pickup, and helped the team win 3 championships. Mankins was also fine. But Parcells-with no Parcells, there'd be no Belichick. (vice-versa? Maybe).

My personal opinion is, Bill Parcells was a great coach. I was so psyched when he was chosen as coach. I'd pick him into the Patriots Hall Of Fame. Was he perfect? No.
It's hard not to pick Mike Vrabel. He was a great pickup, and helped the team win 3 championships. Mankins was also fine. But Parcells-with no Parcells, there'd be no Belichick. (vice-versa? Maybe).

For me it's all about the way he left the Pats.

I lean toward your point of view. Parcells and Bledsoe lifted the franchise out of the doldrums and gave us teams that were always worthy of our support.

I too was disappointed with how it ended, but even if I knew ahead of time it would end badly, I still would not want to have missed those years.

Vrabel it is.
Mankins for me. He’s probably going to Canton and played a whole season on a torn ACL, tore his MCL later in that same season and still played in the SB.

Vrabel is a no-doubt Pats HOFer but he was not as good as Mankins was.

Every year I say Parcells should be in, yet every year when he is a finalist, I find a reason to give the nod to someone else. Go figure.

Put Mankins and Dante in together. Just seems fitting to me.

I went with Mankins, however, it was not an easy decision. Vrabel was just tremendous and he will get in, but not this year. Also, fuck Parcells what he did leading up to the Super Bowl is unconscionable, and a major disqualifier.

No way with Parcells. A man who cheated, lied, and betrayed his team at the time they really needed him, should not even be considered.
Should Bendidict Arnold be on Mount Rushmore?

Last edited:
Parcells is more or less the most responsible party for turning the Patriots from a joke to a legit NFL franchise.

That said he's being pitted, every year, against key cogs in the Dynasty.

So he's not getting in any time soon.
He is being pitted against his heart treasonous.

The same cut throat personality that turned this franchise around and put BB on Krafts' radar is the one that abandoned the team in a critical moment. In totality I will always respect BP for the work he did bringing this team from the basement to at minimum respectable. BP left a team for PC work with. It is a tough choice and the other nominees would have to be relatively weak. I have turned around myself and will not be voting BP in any time soon, which is sad for me. I remember how excited 1993 made me. Kraft, BP and Bledsoe.

Yeah, Parcells did make the team respectable and so on, but angling for a job (with the Jete, of all teams!) while a Super Bowl required his full attention...so no to him. Not sure who I'll vote for.

3. Vrabel’s time?: Former linebacker Mike Vrabel, and current Tennessee Titans coach, is a Patriots Hall of Fame finalist for the seventh straight year, joining coach Bill Parcells (five times) and offensive lineman Logan Mankins (two-time finalist in first two years of eligibility). A fan vote will determine the winner. My thoughts? There are no right or wrong answers in a team Hall of Fame, because there are no set criteria for each voter. Best player/coach? Contributions to Super Bowl championships? Most impactful in the community? Fan favorite?

Parcells is the most polarizing candidate, and it’s not close. His arrival in 1993 changed the way many viewed the ragtag franchise and set the stage for what was to come in the decades after his (messy) departure. Vrabel is a no-brainer, and it bums me out that it has taken this long. Enough! And Mankins and Wes Welker (just missing the finalist cut) should be in; I think it’s just a matter of time.

Back