Patriots 2023 HOF Nominees Named

Old song that says "God might forgive you, but I won't". That's the way I feel about Tuna.

My thoughts on Parcells are that betrayal aside, the bar was extremely low when he got here.

.500 record and a SB appearance might have been enough to make it.

But then BB came in and completely and utterly obliterated that bar. Now .500 is mediocre at best.

Going by that, I say no chance he gets in. Unless he passes away and he gets a post mortem pity induction.

My thoughts on Parcells are that betrayal aside, the bar was extremely low when he got here.

.500 record and a SB appearance might have been enough to make it.

But then BB came in and completely and utterly obliterated that bar. Now .500 is mediocre at best.

Going by that, I say no chance he gets in. Unless he passes away and he gets a post mortem pity induction.
I am repeating myself but every year Parcells is nominated, I think to myself, "Yeah, he's definitely got to get in one of these years." And then I find myself placing him 3rd on the finalist list, annually.

But he really helped to save the Patriots far more than he hurt them (even if it doesn't quite feel that way). His willingness to even come here in the first place put New England on the map as something other than a laughing stock for the first time in my life; had he not, I don't know that we'd have ended up having as much to celebrate as Pats fans. Just my $0.02 on Parcells.

I'm extremely happy Vrabel was voted in. He was a great Patriot. I chose Parcells, but you can't go wrong with Vrabel!

FvTUBBJWwAQrhF0

I am repeating myself but every year Parcells is nominated, I think to myself, "Yeah, he's definitely got to get in one of these years." And then I find myself placing him 3rd on the finalist list, annually.

But he really helped to save the Patriots far more than he hurt them (even if it doesn't quite feel that way). His willingness to even come here in the first place put New England on the map as something other than a laughing stock for the first time in my life; had he not, I don't know that we'd have ended up having as much to celebrate as Pats fans. Just my $0.02 on Parcells.

Fair enough.

I was much too young to follow football consistently at that time. I'd see the scores in the newspaper, watch highlights on ESPN. And watch the odd game on TNT here and there.

I mostly recall Pats becoming better with Parcells, but what sticks out is that SB loss (boy did that hurt). Him promptly leaving to a rvial and poison-pilling Curtis Martin away from the Pats.

Last edited:
Back