Patriots acquire WR Isaiah Ford from Dolphins

He really has not shown that, but who knows. Some of that also depends on if Cam becomes an accurate QB.
Don't think that's possible at this point. Maybe something isn't right in his shoulder or between his ears... Whatever the reason. We'd be better off with stidham taking over.

Don't think that's possible at this point. Maybe something isn't right in his shoulder or between his ears... Whatever the reason. We'd be better off with stidham taking over.
I want Stidham for other reasons. I was not expecting some major superbowl run this year like some others were before the season. I think as a team in transition, you have to see what you have at a very important position that you lost a major player that played a long time. You have to see what you have in Stidham so you are prepared for next year if you have to look elsewhere. Now I know people will point to practice, but playing in a game with a gameplan is the most telling of what a player can be and what you see as far as him getting better or not getting better.

I want Stidham for other reasons. I was not expecting some major superbowl run this year like some others were before the season. I think as a team in transition, you have to see what you have at a very important position that you lost a major player that played a long time. You have to see what you have in Stidham so you are prepared for next year if you have to look elsewhere. Now I know people will point to practice, but playing in a game with a gameplan is the most telling of what a player can be and what you see as far as him getting better or not getting better.

I trust the coaching staff to make that determination even behind closed doors.

Quicker than fast he's a perfect small slot guy to replace JE11. Fast release and quick out of his breaks. Great hands, wins 50:50 balls, good vision for YAC.
He's not an X but he can play slot or flanker. Inside the numbers he should be a reliable target with an occasional seam route against a LB.
He's a good technician who understands the nuances of the game and how to get open vs man or zone coverage.
He's not a blazer but he's faster than Jerry Rice was and that's fast enough if you know what you're doing.
I like the pick up. Excellent body control, good awareness of the sideline, he'll make a highlight reel catch with his athleticism.
Traded for a 7th rnd pick. Pocket change.
My comp for him in 2017 was Robert Woods.
Great stuff as usual C. Thanks.

Great stuff as usual C. Thanks.
Yeah that was a on the spot write up. He was compared to Edelman. A lot pointed at his top end speed, but with that position of what Edelman did, top end speed is not needed. If he can get open quickly, then he is an asset. It would be funny that the Pats got a player like Welker twice from Miami.

drumming black and white GIF by Warner Archive

If Ford can get seperation. Make some tough catches he will be are most reliable receiver this season

Back