Patriots Decline 5th-Year Option on NKeal Harry

DropKickFlutie

Reaction score

Phenomenal move by BB.

Not easy to admit when such a high pick was a mistake. But this was the right move. BB has never been afraid to do what's best for the team. Love to see UDFA like Meyers or JC thrive while high picks have to produce or get the boot. Harry remains the only WR who was taken in the 1st round in the BB era. Another WR bust from the college roommates from John Carroll (McDaniels, Caserio).

Queue up the cognitive dissonance from blind homer lemmings, I'm going to grab some popcorn.

This is like saying taking the ball first in Overtime is a smart move.

Oh wait………

Edit: Never mind, didn't realize he was signed through this year

This might have been the 5th year option decline with the least amount of drama involved. Hell I had someone trying to justify picking up Daniel Jones, and I thought that was a no brainer.

I think you'll see zero "Belichick is making a mistake" opinions here. Although he now has no trade value at all. Hes stuck here all year.

This might have been the 5th year option decline with the least amount of drama involved. Hell I had someone trying to justify picking up Daniel Jones, and I thought that was a no brainer.

I think you'll see zero "Belichick is making a mistake" opinions here. Although he now has no trade value at all. Hes stuck here all year.

Nah. He'll compete in TC, lose his job & end up being released or traded unless he suddenly "gets it".

His money is guaranteed, I dont think a straight release is in the cards. Of course he could stick as an inline TE I suppose.

True but his salary is only $1.8M. Is that worth not using the roster spot on a better player? BB took far bigger dead money hits on KVN & Shaq Mason this year.

If BB is able to somehow con another team into trading N'Keal Harry for a bag of footballs or a pack of gum, can that guaranteed money be moved with the trade?

His money is guaranteed, I dont think a straight release is in the cards. Of course he could stick as an inline TE I suppose.
it may have to be unless there's an injury or something like that, there's just no way to justify a roster spot over someone that can actually get open and catch the ball.

it may have to be unless there's an injury or something like that, there's just no way to justify a roster spot over someone that can actually get open and catch the ball.
I think we're all in agreement on this.

Back